Change Logs

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Azmodan wrote:Aren't the functions only called once when you spawn? And like I said, I don't think it is necessary to check each ability but only HP and adrenalin.
Only abilities that gives artifacts are called at the spawn. This is how an RPG ability is broken down:

Code: Select all

//this is called every time there's a change in the player's RPG Stats Menu
static simulated function int Cost(RPGPlayerDataObject Data, int CurrentLevel);

//this is called every time a bot considers purchasing stat points (happens about once every few seconds)
static function int BotBuyChance(Bot B, RPGPlayerDataObject Data, int CurrentLevel);

//This is the one that is called when the player spawns.  Gives artifacts and modify player defaults such as speed.
static simulated function ModifyPawn(Pawn Other, int AbilityLevel);

//Called every time the player changes weapon.
static simulated function ModifyWeapon(Weapon Weapon, int AbilityLevel);

//Called every time the player enters a vehicle
static simulated function ModifyVehicle(Vehicle V, int AbilityLevel);

//Called every time the player leaves a vehicle
static simulated function UnModifyVehicle(Vehicle V, int AbilityLevel);

//This is called every time the player deals damage and takes damage.  Note:  Even damage from retaliation, poison, burning, self damage, healing damage, even calls this function.  A shot from flak primary may call this function multiple times.
static function HandleDamage(out int Damage, Pawn Injured, Pawn Instigator, out vector Momentum, class<DamageType> DamageType, bool bOwnedByInstigator, int AbilityLevel);

//This is called every time a player kills something.
static function ScoreKill(Controller Killer, Controller Killed, bool bOwnedByKiller, int AbilityLevel);

//This is called every time the player dies.
static function bool PreventDeath(Pawn Killed, Controller Killer, class<DamageType> DamageType, vector HitLocation, int AbilityLevel, bool bAlreadyPrevented);

//This is called every time the player dies.
static function bool PreventSever(Pawn Killed, name boneName, int Damage, class<DamageType> DamageType, int AbilityLevel);

//This is called every time the player picks something up.
static function bool OverridePickupQuery(Pawn Other, Pickup item, out byte bAllowPickup, int AbilityLevel);
[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

:sign1: To DW_Ant,

Hey. I am new here and am really into DW Monster Assault. I downloaded the mod and have been checking it and trying to edit it to enable different monster characters use, but I can't seem to compile it (using ucc make). Do you have a download section here where I can download the mod file(s)?

Also will the DWMonsterRoster.ini file change the monster's model\skin?
IMPORTANT: Please read this message - http://www.angelfire.com/zine3printpubi ... 234567.htm
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Changes from May 25th, 2012:

DWMonsterAssault
  • Spectator glitch should be fixed. Never was able to replicate this problem since update.
  • 'MEPlayerDeath' event will trigger every time a player dies.
  • 'MEPlayerMonsterDeath' event will trigger every time a player monster dies.
  • All players will obtain a Monster Token for each kill in Isolated Combat zone (150 kills per token for Dedicated Monsters). These tokens can be used to become a better monster. Case scenario: a player dies with 50 points. This player goes in Isolated Combat and kills 100 monsters. This player can now summon 150 point monsters.
    In console, type "MonsterTokens" to see how many Monster Tokens you possess.
  • New console command: "ViewMyself". If you pressed the fire button during a resurrection event, you'll respawn then spectate someone while your pawn is still alive. Enter this console command to fix that.
  • 0-score player monsters no longer notify players that they spawned. (that is applies only to Nali Cows, Nali Rabbits, and Ghost Monsters).
  • Resurrection actors are not placeable.
  • When you become a dedicated monster, you remain a dedicated monster even after you reconnected.
  • Should always be able to spectate all friendly monsters to enable Isolated Combat.
MonsterAssaultRPG
  • New ability: Aegis for rank IV Paladins
  • New ability: Monster Strength for player monsters (since attackers' resistances apply)
  • Protective class renamed to Paladin
  • All artifact keybinds now work!
  • Instead of magic weapons completely overwriting the elemental type of weapon. It's now split at 25:75. Example: If you roll a freezing FlameThrower, 25% of the damage it deals is cold damage and 75% of the damage is fire. Natural weapons > artificial magic weapons.
  • 30 damage threshold required to obtain a single life point from Life Siphon.
  • 30 damage threshold required to obtain a single life point from Healing weapons.
  • Summon Manta's hp decreased from 75% to 50%
  • Poison weapons now deal 2.5X the modifier of poison damage per hit instead of X1
  • Monsters with max health less than 50 are immune to Shout ability.
  • To earn the end game xp, you need at least 25 points instead of 5 kills.
  • Removed "Cannot kill another player" message in retaliation message.
  • Retaliation deals 15% of the damage per level instead of 5% per level.
  • Ability cost for Trans Mechanic is 10 instead of 15.
  • Implosion explosion effects is replicated clients. Other players can see the explosion.
  • When using Vigor, the caster will lose adrenaline when damaging monsters.
  • Revised ability description for Vigor.
  • Second level for Medic Awareness costs 5 instead of 15.
  • Player monsters no longer ignore the victim's resistances (this is why we have the Monster Strength ability).
  • For reloading weapons: no ammo is given when shooting players. The resupply bonus remains. Duration for resupply bonus is doubled.
  • Summon Raptor and Summon Titan now have 50% hp boost per level instead of 60%
  • Raptors now deal 40% damage instead of 50% damage.
  • Revised stat caps.
  • Necromancer class is now in beta testing. This class will be available to purchase when testing is over.
SmartMonsterPack
  • Lucifer has an automatic burning aura. All hostiles will take fire damage simply by going near Lucifer.
  • New player monster: Nali Cow ... for the player named Mooo_Mooo
  • New player monster: Manta
  • Player monster dragons now have guided projectiles.
DWAssaultMapperTools
  • Mappers can now have their own custom variables for conditional triggering
    • VariableStorage (contains all custom variables the mapper set)
    • ACTION_SetVariable: sets one of these variables to a new value.
    • ACTION_SetTimedVariable: sets one variable equal to the current Level.TimeSeconds
    • Conditional Trigger: When triggered, this trigger will trigger its event when all conditions are satisfied. The mapper can compare two variables in the Variable Storage actor, compare current assault condition (num living players, % living players, num players, instigator's health, relative distance to nearest player from instigator, instigator's score, and time).
  • AS-VariableConception map has been created to demonstrate how it works. Any mapper interested in how to do this may obtain this map.
  • ACTION_SetLevelLimiter has been created in case the mapper wants their map to have multiple difficulties.
[/color]
Last edited by DW_Ant on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FFE466

DW_Ant wrote:
  • 30 damage threshold required to obtain a single life point from Life Siphon.
  • 30 damage threshold required to obtain a single life point from Healing weapons.
[/color]
Life siphon only works when HP is low, but when HP is low you do less damage, this mean you may never pass this threshold at the only time life siphon would actually be needed... what kind of twisted logic is this?!
DW_Ant wrote:
  • Monsters with max health less than 50 are immune to Shout ability.
[/color]
WTF! How do I defend against face hugger now!?
DW_Ant wrote:
  • For reloading weapons: no ammo is given when shooting players. The resupply bonus remains. Duration for resupply bonus is doubled.
[/color]
... I... just.... no comment...! (*Face palm*)
DW_Ant wrote:
  • Revised stat caps.
[/color]
Do you really called "revised" the fact that Beserker have max 150 hp even with the damn HP damage modifier instead of 300 for rank 4, cause that's totally BS. at least have the decency to give the appropriate word, that's not "revised", that's an "outrage" and nothing else.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I'm not sure how I feel about the issues presented here either.

Changes to Life Siphon and Healing weapons mean that: Dispersion Pistol (Primary), Bio Rifle (Primary), Link Gun, Minigun, Flak (Primary), are not useful for either Life Siphon or Healing weapons. I believe I understand what you're trying to do but this situation creates IMO undesirable complication and I don't think it will be really successful at what you're looking to accomplish.

I also don't think it's ideal to make weak monsters immune to Shout. The Shout ability is not super strong, it only excels against swarms of weaker enemies. However I think it's fine that it excels in certain situations because it's not very useful in most of them. I think if you want certain lower-hp enemies to be resistant to Shout that can be accomplished by giving them an inventory item to give them resistance to it.

The Reloading weapon change makes sense and removes the stupidity of having the Reloading weapon type behave wildly different depending on whether you have a fast-firing base weapon or a slow one. Now the Reloading weapon simply has an identical effect regardless of how fast or slow it shoots. Now it's a quantifiable effect and its efficacy can be tweaked independently of worrying about how it'll behave on a Flamethrower vs. on an Amril.

I honestly think the ideal situation for the Healing weapons is to model them after how Reloading now works (although - It shouldn't be possible to make a healing Dispersion Pistol IMO). That is going to work a lot better than having your rate of healing tied to how much DPS your weapon pushes out. In a similar way, this quantifies and standardizes the amount of healing the Healing magic weapons can pump out.

In addition, Life Siphon would probably work better as a passive effect that triggers on a player once they have dealt a certain amount of damage, but once it's triggered it functions independent of damage dealt. The healing off a Dispersion Pistol / Amril / etc. is really weak, but off a Flak, Shock, Link, Mini (pre-these-changes) can be quite considerable. The less the weapon choice affects character abilities the better, and again this also quantifies the amount of healing the ability provides which gives you a better understanding of how it works and how it's balanced than healing a % of a very-variable number. X/hp a second for 6 seconds once triggered, for example, is a lot more sensible and low-damage monsters could actually chip a Berserker down without instakilling him.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW_FrankyTheFly wrote: Life siphon only works when HP is low, but when HP is low you do less damage, this mean you may never pass this threshold at the only time life siphon would actually be needed... what kind of twisted logic is this?!
Purpose of this is to prevent weak weapons being the ideal choice for leaching life. Before, any damage you deal will give you 1 hp minimum. Meaning flamethrowers and shotguns will rejuvenate your health rapidly compared to using sniping weapons.

No need to get upset about this that doesn't help the situation.
The threshold is set to 30 to make it easy to make changes. It's easier to bring the damage threshold down rather than bringing it up.

DW_FrankyTheFly wrote:WTF! How do I defend against face hugger now!?
Your guns.

DW_FrankyTheFly wrote: Do you really called "revised" the fact that Beserker have max 150 hp even with the damn HP damage modifier instead of 300 for rank 4, cause that's totally BS. at least have the decency to give the appropriate word, that's not "revised", that's an "outrage" and nothing else.
Your emotions are getting old, and is distracting from the discussion. You should clean up your messages.
The Support character's stat caps for rank III has been revised to follow the growth from the other classes. And I have to import the stat caps for the Necromancer Class. It would of been easier to copy:paste the stat caps from my local machine to the server box. Unfortunately, I forgot that I never applied the Berserker's buff on my local machine. Meaning, these are the stat caps my Berserkers have offline.
If my Berserkers can handle these caps, I'm sure that you can, too.
Berserker's stat caps will be reverted back since this was not intended.

WailofSuicide wrote:Changes to Life Siphon and Healing weapons mean that: Dispersion Pistol (Primary), Bio Rifle (Primary), Link Gun, Minigun, Flak (Primary), are not useful for either Life Siphon or Healing weapons. I believe I understand what you're trying to do but this situation creates IMO undesirable complication and I don't think it will be really successful at what you're looking to accomplish.
Damage thresholds for healing and Life Siphon are going to be reduced.
We may not even need Damage thresholds if we apply your new methods you've mentioned later on in your post. I'll do some planning.

WailofSuicide wrote:I also don't think it's ideal to make weak monsters immune to Shout. The Shout ability is not super strong, it only excels against swarms of weaker enemies. However I think it's fine that it excels in certain situations because it's not very useful in most of them. I think if you want certain lower-hp enemies to be resistant to Shout that can be accomplished by giving them an inventory item to give them resistance to it.
Only Nali Rabbits, Birds, Lost Souls, and Face Huggers are immune to Shout. Monster bundles like Pupae, Mantas, Razor Flies, etc... are still normal.
This was added to make Face Huggers more a threat to Berserkers rather than having a couple Berserkers shout all over the place to clear a room full of Face Huggers. Figured this method was easier to explain to players rather than explaining why Face Huggers are immune to Shout even when it says monsters can't resist Shout in the ability description.

FFE466

DW_Ant wrote:
WailofSuicide wrote:I also don't think it's ideal to make weak monsters immune to Shout. The Shout ability is not super strong, it only excels against swarms of weaker enemies. However I think it's fine that it excels in certain situations because it's not very useful in most of them. I think if you want certain lower-hp enemies to be resistant to Shout that can be accomplished by giving them an inventory item to give them resistance to it.
Only Nali Rabbits, Birds, Lost Souls, and Face Huggers are immune to Shout. Monster bundles like Pupae, Mantas, Razor Flies, etc... are still normal.
This was added to make Face Huggers more a threat to Berserkers rather than having a couple Berserkers shout all over the place to clear a room full of Face Huggers. Figured this method was easier to explain to players rather than explaining why Face Huggers are immune to Shout even when it says monsters can't resist Shout in the ability description.
Ah ok. I was under the impression this would affect Pupae, Razorflies, etc. as well. If this only affects Facehuggers then it seems alright.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Just recently completed Opportunity Knocks and did not receive any score even though I had 25 points when the map completed successfully. Is it EXP > 25?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:Just recently completed Opportunity Knocks and did not receive any score even though I had 25 points when the map completed successfully. Is it EXP > 25?
Yeah it was > 25.

I've just changed it so it'll be >= 25 next update.

FFE466

Changes from May 27, 2012:

• Freeze Weapons will freeze 1 monster per second. Can't spam minigun on a group of monsters to freeze them all.
  • Freeze weapons now reference the monster's dynamic speed rather than using default values.
  • Aegis' visual effect will destroy itself when the artifact is done.
  • Paladins don't gain adren when taking damage from 0-score monster
  • Removed Damage threshold for Life Siphon. Life Siphon is now more precise in calculating. If the Berserker deals as much damage that'll give him a half of point, they will not gain health until they earned that other half instead of being rounded up.
  • Life Siphon is now 0.75% of the damage per level instead of 1%
  • Healing weapons' damage threshold is now 5. Enough to prevent shotgun and flamethrower from healing but enough for minigun and link gun to work.
  • Nali Rabbits no longer have 10k hp
  • You will no longer spectate all friendly monsters.
  • 0-Score player monsters cannot have Amplify Damage
  • Cost Add Per Level for Life Cord is now 2 instead of 3.
  • Stat caps for Berserkers reverted back. Silly Berserkers that they can't handle the low health caps.
[/color]

FFE466