AS-Dragon-Tower

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
christmas
1337 Haxor

it would be wise to fix fall-damage at start...still observe r3 players losing over 40hp with shieldgun on from fall....
cant aim for the pool every time...

[hr]

you should edit script550
add an action.waitForEvent to wait until 1 of the 3 modes is selected
to be given the Variable storage the amount of tickets.

at the MEBEginAssault the tickets = 0 (until a difficulty mode is selected)
thats why a MEPlayerDeath event causes TiggerLostGame before game even starts.
(e.g. when someone will suicide or disconnect)

[hr]

at the 3 scripts below (425,552,543)
it would be wise to add a delay of at least 60 secs.(i would add 120 secs for hard)
the way it is now, it does a checkofFlags for the first time, 60 secs exactly
after dificulty mode is selected (aka the first 15 tickets are gone no matter what,
even if there are 3 level 1000 paladin with haste lvl 10 holding sturdy weapon).

simply add an extra action
1. action. WaitForTimer 60 (the startup delay)
and change
4.GoToAction 2

[hr]
DW_Ant wrote:Change map relic info (current one is not possible due to min score requirements). I propose that I change the map relic info to, "Keep half of your tickets by the end of the game. Hard mode only."
this is so Divine all over again....
DW_Ant wrote:Add a persistent (weapon stay) shock rifle and minigun in the subway (in locker rooms).
at least one locker at game start with 2-3 basic weapons (not the voting room, the other where you freefall, one locker there too)
DW_Ant wrote:After the game begins, players automatically gain 5 exp per minute.
for doing what? being AFK ? if flags are captured or not?

better add an xp_trigger bTriggerOnlyOnce = false (for each mode)
to give/reward XP to all players in respect to amount of flags captured...
its easy to implement (within the script that does the check for captured flags every 60 sec)
e.g easy 5+5+5 = 15 xp / trigger(60 sec) if all 3 flags captured (5xp per flag-for easy)
or something within these lines.....
DW_Ant wrote:Removing level limiter.
its too low now...

DW_Ant wrote:
End game experience rewards:
[table=width:50%;border:1px solid #cccccc;][tr=text-align:center;][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Difficulty mode[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Duration[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]End game exp[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Points per hour (includes 5xp per min)[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Monster difficulty[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Player tickets[/td][/tr]
[tr=text-align:center;][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Easy[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]15 min[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]300[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]1500[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]100%[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]200[/td][/tr]
[tr=text-align:center;][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Medium[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]30 min[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]1000[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]2300[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]200%[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]150[/td][/tr]
[tr=text-align:center;][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]Hard[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]45 min[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]1800[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]2700[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]400%[/td][td=border:1px solid #cccccc;]100[/td][/tr][/table]

Regarding Difficulty
my opinion is to set the same number of available tickets for all modes.

the way it is now:
easy has 200 tickets and 15 mins to survive and monsters with Monster_Difficulty =100%
while
hard has half the tickets, triple the time to survive, and Monster_Difficulty =400%
(four times of easy)....

this is more like: 2x3x4 =24 times more difficult

these values are located at the TimerTriggerAdjust actors....

i havent checked for the setup of the Monster_Difficulty in map....
also, if anything, you should have gone for Monster_Difficulty=300% (=3) for hard and not 400%
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

christmas wrote:it would be wise to fix fall-damage at start...still observe r3 players losing over 40hp with shieldgun on from fall....
cant aim for the pool every time...
I personally don't mind the fall damage since there are three ways to counter it:
  • Land in the water
  • Land on the sloped rooftop (where the dragon is)
  • Buy Iron Legs
[/color]
christmas wrote:at the MEBEginAssault the tickets = 0 (until a difficulty mode is selected)
thats why a MEPlayerDeath event causes TiggerLostGame before game even starts.
(e.g. when someone will suicide or disconnect)
I know that's happening. My solution is to use a triggeredcondition.

[hr]
christmas wrote:at the 3 scripts below (425,552,543)
it would be wise to add a delay of at least 60 secs.(i would add 120 secs for hard)
after dificulty mode is selected (aka the first 15 tickets are gone no matter what,
even if there are 3 level 1000 paladin with haste lvl 10 holding sturdy weapon).
I agree that hard mode is too difficult, but that's not my call.

Christmas wrote:
DW_Ant wrote:After the game begins, players automatically gain 5 exp per minute.
for doing what? being AFK ? if flags are captured or not?
This map is strictly time-based. I prefer to award experience throughout the game (earning partial experience for making it through the first 25%, 50%, 75%, and then end game exp). It's unfortunate that we have idlers that dissuade me from granting decent partial experience. I want to give players at least something even if they failed the mission, but it has to be a low enough value where it's not worth idling.

It may not be a bad idea to grant experience based on number of flags captured. I propose 3 exp per minute per flag (540 pph max).
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Exp should be tied to holding the points, I agree. This is the fairest way to encourage players to play and reward them for succeeding.
christmas
1337 Haxor

DW_Ant wrote:Buy Iron Legs
what level? max?
everybody reported being damaged from fall.....
not to mention (someone might say) this should be a variable....aka... easy mode you get no fall-damage, while at hard mode you get fall-damage even if IronLegs skill maxed....

[hr]
christmas wrote:at the 3 scripts below (425,552,543)
DW_Ant wrote:I agree that hard mode is too difficult, but that's not my call.
thats not what I said....
I said add a delay for the first check (in hard)....
the way it is now, its like saying: Hard more you have 85 tickets available (15 gone for sure)

in addition (personal opinion), i would like to see for hard mode an add_value tickets for captured flags....
so, if you have all flags captured, not only you dont lose the 15 tickets, but you earn 15 tickets (thats easy to implement)
if you would like you could also change the interval to checkForFlags (from 60secs-> 90 or 120)
anywayssssss................

[hr]
DW_Ant wrote:This map is strictly time-based. I prefer to award experience throughout the game (earning partial experience for making it through the first 25%, 50%, 75%, and then end game exp). It's unfortunate that we have idlers that dissuade me from granting decent partial experience. I want to give players at least something even if they failed the mission, but it has to be a low enough value where it's not worth idling.

It may not be a bad idea to grant experience based on number of flags captured. I propose 3 exp per minute per flag (540 pph max).
ye, 150 + 300 = 450xp for 15 mins idling is not that bad.....thats one challenge....

I am looking forward to see what exp-reward system you gonna introduce in for the players for this map
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member
Xfire: apokalypse86

I'm alive :thumbright: . I'm busy the last months.

I have read all your post and i decided to do some changes to map.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

If you have more ideas to improve gameplay please post :salute: .

Stay tuned to get more info for the new version of Dragon Tower.

DW_Apok@lypse
Energy-Plant -> Elimination-Chamber -> Crossfire-Xtreme -> Anniversary
Nano-Technics -> Choco-Wars -> Dragon-Tower ->
(Next Map Fall 2016) Survive
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Apo, if you have a different version from the server, please let me know. I cannot merge two different maps into one.

Whenever you're finished with your version, please send it to me so I may apply the changes mentioned earlier.

FFE466

Here's the change list for Dragon Tower beta 9.
Expected release date: July 5th

• Changed level limiter to unreachable levels (level limiter still exists in map to preserve the recommended level range).
  • Enabled dedicated monsters
  • Enabled PM Air Drones
  • Changed map title from "AS-DragonTower" to "Dragon Tower" (this value appears in map records).
  • Placed labels over the difficulty selection areas: "Easy", "Medium", "Hard"
  • All players will respawn inside the ship at the start
  • You can't lose tickets after the game.
  • You can't lose tickets before the game.
  • Ticket deduction timer doesn't begin until a minute after the ship opens.
  • After the games begin, players will gain 3 exp and 5 adren per minute per captured flag.
  • Added Shock Rifle and Minigun persistent weapons at the bottom.
  • Changed relic from high score to beat hard mode with more than half of your tickets remaining.
  • Moved end game camera
  • End Game exp rewards: 300, 1000, 1800 (based on difficulty)
  • Added legacy variable "DragonTowerBeaten" in case the next map is interested to know if Dragon Tower was played previously. Value is set to 0 if not beaten, 1 if beaten on easy, 2 if beaten on medium, 3 if beaten on hard.
[/color]

FFE466

Yo, if you ever plan to do any editing to this map I and other players would for sure suggest this:
1)Remove friendly Nali Fighters, their AI is very poor, all they do is lagging server nothing more, monster can stand right next to them but they will ignore him...
2)Summoned pets/Rideable dragons capture points for enemies, pretty annoying sometimes
3)Hard difficulty is way too hard, for more than year since map was released nobody was able to beat this difficulty, I would suggest either decrease monster difficulty a bit and increase number of tickets. You might as well adjust experience a bit. Current map multiplier is set to 2.00, the reward before was not worth the effort, even Medium difficulty is often being lost.