AS-Dragon-Tower

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member
Xfire: apokalypse86

Hello soldiers of Monster Evolution,

i have a new map concept to present. For this concept i will use the current Choco-Wars-Part2 map and make some changes.

You have x tickets to get all objectives. These tickets will help you to get in life again after you have been killed by enemy.
But be careful the enemies team will try to get the objectives back.
Everytime a player dies there will be a resurrectionoXP.
After obtaining an objective from enemies, there will be a resurrection xp.
This sounds like onslaught, but its a bit different, because of the limit of tickets.
The team that has no tickets more will lose the match and the other team wins the match.

More info on my next post :shootspam: :wow654: .

DW>Apokalypse
Last edited by DW_Apok@lypse on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Energy-Plant -> Elimination-Chamber -> Crossfire-Xtreme -> Anniversary
Nano-Technics -> Choco-Wars -> Dragon-Tower ->
(Next Map Fall 2016) Survive
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Sounds very interesting, but as usual, new concepts will require a lot of testing. I imagine this concept will undergo several alpha iterations before hitting beta.

There is a more efficient way to instantly respawn dead players immediately after they die. I'll setup a scripted action for you.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Couldn't strong players just let the enemy take back some objectives and then recapture them over and over for XP? And if capturing an objective for a 2nd, 3rd, etc. time is 0 XP, that'll probably annoy people x_x i kinda do like the idea of having the team split up, it's more strategic, ie when you split up in xeno, or if on torlan enemies attacked previous nodes so you kept people there to defend and stuff
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

SomethingToSay wrote:Couldn't strong players just let the enemy take back some objectives and then recapture them over and over for XP? And if capturing an objective for a 2nd, 3rd, etc. time is 0 XP, that'll probably annoy people x_x i kinda do like the idea of having the team split up, it's more strategic, ie when you split up in xeno, or if on torlan enemies attacked previous nodes so you kept people there to defend and stuff

The goal is to have all objectives and more tickets than the other team (monsters).
If your team runs outta tickets, your team will lose the game.
The enemy controls all objectives means your losing tickets fast in example the map has 5 objectives, all controlled by enemy, means you lose 5 tickets each 5 seconds = 1 ticket/sec. You have to get them back to stop losing the tickets.

You can get any objective you want but you must defend them to survive :sbigsmile:

Apok@lypse :sbigsmile:
SomethingToSay
1337 Haxor

If the goal is to have more objectives AND tickets, you won't win just by capturing all objectives?

id still say it should be a rank 4 map, since if it's a rank 3 map or lower the monsters wont be able to kill rank 4's easily, so they could just sit on 1 objective and endlessly kill things for XP
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

sounds a lot like battlefield?

Aren't there game mods there that work that way?
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Yup right. I want to do it like in battlefield 3.
The chance to play a modern game type in a map would be cool.

I' m trying to use UnrealSript but have problems with the Actor browser.
I learned much about C++ now, but problem is where to add the options for my ideas.
Don't know where to start :ssmile: . Is there a clue or idea where are the player settings in actor class browser?

Thanks for your help :swink:

Apo :sbigsmile:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW_Apok@lypse wrote:Is there a clue or idea where are the player settings in actor class browser?
Sounds like you want to write a map mutator.

With PlaceableActors unchecked in the actor class browser, go to Actor -> Info -> Mutator. Right click mutator, and hit new.

Package: mylevel
Name: ApoMutator (name is up to you).

This is the code you want to do:

Code: Select all

class ApoMutator extends Mutator;

//The ModifyPlayer function runs every time a player spawns or a player monster spawns.
function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)
{
    Super.ModifyPlayer(Other); //This calls the Mutator::ModifyPlayer function.  The super function goes down the mutator linked list so that other mutators may still affect the player.

//Insert your code here.

Other.GroundSpeed *= 2; //Delete this line...it's just an example.  This example doubles the player's running speed.
}

Oh and don't forget to add your mutator in a LevelGameRules actor.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Keep in mind that some level-embeded mutator modifications may conflict with the RPG... With Thrust I initially utilized this method to enforce single jump / less velocity to take fall damage, however you would only notice it if you died and respawned.
DW_Apok@lypse
DW Clan Member

Here are some informations about the map.

Name of the Map: AS-CQ-Dragon-Tower

Map Description:
As a WarFighter you have to fight on the top of the Dragon Tower. You have to attack and defend the objective from hostile monsters. Try to survive as long as you can and kill all monsters on the tower. You will fight in close quarters (CQ) with monsters and you have not much space to dodge. As a new experience you will start with the dispersion pistol and have the opportunity to search your weapons on the map (random spawn points).

Map Player based:

1 - 4 players -> ( 200+ monsters )
5 - 8 players -> ( 300+ monsters ) | + 25 monsters (for each player that join the match)
9 - 12 players -> ( 400+ monsters ) | + 25 monsters (for each player that join the match)

Map Trailer:
Will be available since map has a nice structure.

I wish all DW-members and all UT-players around the world a Merry X-Mas :bigsmurf: