Ballistic Weapons mod for ME

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
@nt
Pro but Noob

Probably won't happen, but what would you think about it?

I think it would be a pretty sweet idea.
I like cookies...
Taries
Camper

yo i play Ballistic Freon and its funny cool mod but adding it will require edit a lot of files and it will mean more things to download for other ppl also i never seen this mod with RPG mod together i think theres no compatabillity. Another thing is that ballistic mod have different physic like: when you hold heavy gun u move slower, your jumps are smaller etc. this will require special new maps and ME mappers have already work enough.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I really like Ballistic Weapons, they're extremely cool. However, it doesn't tend to play nice with RPG as already said, so it's highly unlikely.
@nt
Pro but Noob

I've yet to meet a server that uses an RPG mod and ballistic weapons at the same time. I'm no coder or mapper, but I agree it would be really hard to find out what the heck you'd do with the Dark Star. Built in ammo regen and vampirism would make make it hard to fit with the reloading, infinity, and rage enchantments.
I like cookies...
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Mappers are permitted to use any weapon mod they want under these conditions:

• The map still remains reasonable with points per hour. For example, can't use a super shock rifle on a map with a long corridor full of lucifers.
  • The download time should be reasonable. There are already a lot of things to download. Players shouldn't download a 100 meg file if there is only going to be one weapon in a secret room that few will find.
  • It shouldn't drastically affect the performance. Keep in mind that the players could be running slow machines. The weapon mods shouldn't be emitting out thousands of particles per shot.
[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW_Ant wrote:
  • For example, can't use a super shock rifle on a map with a long corridor full of lucifers.
[/color]

There goes my map idea, thanks :'(
VIP3R
Killer in Training

Well actually, Its rather awesome to use ballistic weapons with the monster evolution RPG system. Ive been messing around with that all night, just to see what the problems would be If there Is any.

Although there Is some issues, they don't seem to be that big. Like making magic weapon making with ballistic weapons, once you do that, you can't use iron sights (but using iron sights is a set input key so that wouldn't be implemented anyway, therefore not a big issue).

Also making magic weapons out of any heavy machine gun including the mini gun and the tank thing that stands on a tripod (forgot the name..) you can't use them If they are made into a magic weapon. Simply because If you accidentally for any reason right click (which for heavy machine guns lays you on the ground for better accuracy, and mini gun and the other thing sets It down on the ground as a tripod turret) It will glitch out the whole weapons system and you won't be able to use any guns.

Now I haven't figured anything out for the amount of damage done by the weapons (don't know how to test that out) for the over all damage being high level or low level. Also I haven't been testing I long enough to know If using any of the ballistic weapons affects the overall mastery's. but apart from any of that, everything seems to look just fine, and It's a lot of fun using them.
Taries
Camper

yeye thats a know bug when you deploy machine gun or other weapon your rpg get messed up on BW invasion is this still not fixed and it cause things like you loose all artifacts/magic weapons and another fact is that BW game got like 4-5 binds to set and many ppl got already lot of binds from ME RPG i actually use iron sights with middle mouse, running with CTRL thats unbinded keys for me on ME, but fire modes,special functions and reload key is not empty for me on ME
Skydev
Xfire: xWeapons.AssaultFire

DW_Ant wrote:Mappers are permitted to use any weapon mod they want under these conditions:

• The map still remains reasonable with points per hour. For example, can't use a super shock rifle on a map with a long corridor full of lucifers.
  • The download time should be reasonable. There are already a lot of things to download. Players shouldn't download a 100 meg file if there is only going to be one weapon in a secret room that few will find.
  • It shouldn't drastically affect the performance. Keep in mind that the players could be running slow machines. The weapon mods shouldn't be emitting out thousands of particles per shot.
[/color]
Is it possible to make and propose some weapon, that may be a standard weapon?
Like some icethrower. Cause we lack ice weapons. With reasonable balance.
Skydev (Generic) = Chaos13 (Generic/Unreal1/UT99) = Dimension4 (Unreal1/UT99)
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Skydev wrote:
DW_Ant wrote:Mappers are permitted to use any weapon mod they want under these conditions:

[/color]
Is it possible to make and propose some weapon, that may be a standard weapon?
Like some icethrower. Cause we lack ice weapons. With reasonable balance.

Yes. You'll need to include the .u with your map (or embed it) and tell Ant the name of the weapon (for masteries) and your damagetype should extend DamTypeRPGParent. You can set the defaultproperty ElementNum=3 for cold damage.