New Weapon Modifiers!

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

Yeah, I guess you're right. Just doing that EVERY single wave gets tiring when you're a low level. Just need to get my level up.

But on that same note, medics can't toss their superflous summoning charms.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Redeemer wrote:Yeah, I guess you're right. Just doing that EVERY single wave gets tiring when you're a low level. Just need to get my level up.

But on that same note, medics can't toss their superflous summoning charms.
Yeah, the Medic summoning stuff is something that I may want to take a particular look at in the future. There are 15 levels of it, and I'm not sure it's feasible to give Medics any more artifacts (there are a couple I want to roll out soon-ish) when you've potentially got 15+ monsters you can summon, plus 2 additional artifacts for killing your summons. With the Medic Weapon Maker that's 18 artifacts to cycle through, at least.

That's too much, so at some point I'd like to discuss that and hopefully tweak some things so that it's more reasonable.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Brief rundown on the new magic weapon types rolled out yesterday on Server 2:

Skaarjbane: Skaarjbane weapons deal huge amounts of damage to Skaarj creatures. +30% damage per modifier level against Skaarj. Skaarj creatures are Pupae, Skaarj, Warlords/Waillords, and Queens.

Rejuvenation: Every 3 seconds while this weapon is held, you regain some Health, Ammo, and Adrenaline. These effects stack with similar existing effects (e.g. Health Regeneration).

Flight [Currently Disabled due to errors]: While holding this weapon, you can fly. 10% piercing damage.
bigws
Pro but Noob

speaking of medics being weak...as i hear the titans that you can spawn are about worthless...so so far medics have been moved from 3 summons down to 2 summons and the best summon they have is shit?...i would say some additions to medics is needed

edit: crap i suppose this is in the wrong fourms....but this also goes with the aritifact things...you forgot to add in when a medic grabs a adren masters goodies
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

If you don't like the medic as is, then choose another profession, simple as that. No one has forced you to be a medic, you just play and make the most of what you have, it's just that easy.
Desko
1337 Haxor

I would normally agree with Wraith here, but this seems to have exceeded a mere problem with a particular player's view on Medics. It appears to be a genuine problem with the balance of the game. As a Medic, I too am suffering from reduced functionality. I played like I used to on waves 1-12 with no incidence, but wasn't able to keep up with the other classes thereafter. In times of old, I could hold par with, and usually outscore many of the other players, but Monster Mash is no longer a Medic's game, and with Medics being an essential part of the RPG triumvirate, I would seriously consider looking into a solution.

And before you ask, I really can't think of any suggestions. You guys have seldom made bad changes in the past, so I'll leave it to you.
When submersed in a liquid, creatures with lungs are typically unable to breathe.
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

No what your mistaking people is that you need to be a higher level medic to be out on wave 13-15. Adren masters of your level can't be out there, weapon masters of your level can't be out there. What you are experiencing is the evolution of the game when you take 2-3 months off and don't play regularly. I believe the game is still balanced and appropriate.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
DW_Cheapshot
DW Clan Member

ACY< being a higher level wont help. UNless you buy monsters a medic
is topped out at level 170. unless I buy ultima the rest wont help me
stay alive a bit. On server 2 my medic is 130 has bought all he can that
is related to killing or staying alive. This is just the way it is designed.
All drs are maxed and health is already at 888. and yes the db is maxed also.
Like Wraith said if we dont like it play somehere else. Because of Rock
there is a built in hatred of friendly monsters. Try 2 razor flys they seem to]
be the best. Im only playing medic when my am cant play a particular map.
That is changing. Medics are for beginners and when we dont feel like
being serious. As you can see from Kafka we find a way to deal with it.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Emerson
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

I may be mistaken, I haven't played MM much lately, but high level medics, unlike other classes, have no way of healing themselves effectively while fighting. Adren masters globe, and WM's have Vamp, Medics have to leave the fight completely (if they can even make it out of there, seekers have made that nearly impossible) to go heal. Healing yourself when you have large amounts of HP, takes A LONG time. Vampirism heals you within seconds. Medics = outclassed. Play an Adren master.

One MM regular even went as far as naming his medic uselessafterwave12.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

To get things kind of back on track:

Are Rejuvenating weapons working for everyone? It's supposed to regenerate ammo for you, but my character on server 2 is an Adrenaline Master so I can't really tell on that front. I know it regenerates Health/Adren, though the adren is using an incorrect calculation at the moment.
I was hoping that would be a good weapon for Medics to have as a tertiary weapon, because it gives you some way to passively regenerate ammo for other weapons you may want to use but don't want to medic (e.g. a Freezing/Null or Vorpal).

Skaarjbane - Is anyone getting any use out of these? I noticed a couple of levels where Queens would teleport in to otherwise safe spots, and I got to thinking this would be a great weapon for taking them down fast. Seems not that great on the early waves due to lack of Skaarj, but the Queens and Warlords are so common that I'd think it'd be pretty good.