questions regarding monster server changes

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Nomxis
Killer in Training

Today, I got told there was some changes and people were complaining about them, I didnt see any changes untill I accidentally ghosted and came back with half my health, I thought it was a bug till someone told me to open up the stats and check it out, so I did and mine was at level 3 and max is 5, WTF thats a waste of 4 of my levels but it may not sound much but it takes about 3 hours to get up a level, and people were saying denial is bad now that when you suicide you still keep your weapons, and that some weapons got replaced with others, I still havent checked all the stats for changes but its pretty weird, whos idea was it to make these changes? why not leave it to how it was before, it was perfect and now its kinda screwed up.
Ex UI Member
DW_Skittles
Site Admin

more options for ghost have been added so if u had max ghost before then points u have been saving or not have been used to buy level 3 of the new ghost options which cost more now.
Nomxis
Killer in Training

Yeah, it still sucks though.

Also another guy has like -20 stat points, I was shocked when I heard that.

Maybe they should inform us before they makes those kinda changes to the server...
Ex UI Member
superchav
1337 Haxor

It is not your place to "protest", or "complain", they do not have to tell anyone before these changes are made, and maybe not evry 1 is feeling this way about the changes.
ImageImage
Slurm

I was happy to see the changes, especially since some of the medic skills I had paid for I was finally able to use.

I know plenty of people logged onto the server and saw negative stat points, but I logged in and saw 170 points extra to spend! :bounce:

I may be biased though...
ZepaR
Killer in Training

Greetings and salutations!

Actually it was me that suggested to Nomxis to come to this forum and express his opinion about the recent upgrades to the server, although I do feel he came on a bit hard. I think his reaction is understandable, like many of us he feels very strongly about the DW invasion servers and may overreact when certain things seem out of place. I told him I too would post here because I am confused about a couple of these recent changes.

This is my first post on this forum, long overdue, I have been playing for quite a while on Servers 1 and 2 yet barely ever returned any feedback. I do appreciate the hard work you guys have been putting in, and I know you're trying to correct some things. I thought I should speak my mind here rather than in the game when everyone is playing and needs to be concentrating on anything else but chatter.

Ok my biggest gripe is with the negative stat points. For me that was the greatest shock, and I felt a simillar reaction from fellow players when they came into the game. Unless I missed a post here, there was no warning whatsoever about abilities going "up in price". Players put a lot of effort into leveling up, I think someone should have mentioned they'd have to build/buy back some of the abilities they already had. At least that's my opinion.

Second, why get rid of Null? Clearly Petrification isn't as strong and Null weapons aren't that easy to make anyway. Why not get rid of something that's almost useless such as Mana or Force? Ok ok, don't trash me, I'm not just saying this because I don't use them, it's just that I never see players asking for weapons of Mana or Force. Occasionaly I've seen people ask for weaps of Reload which they don't use much to reload other players; basically they don't get any XP and the reload player gets bored really fast. And do we need both Hover and Flight... omg, I cannot tell you how much I hate these weapons. They are essentially the same thing and do nothing more than what Boots Of Flight already do... and those are found quite easily. So in my opinion one of them has to go, lest we float around the map pretending we are buzzards for the rest of our gaming life.

Another big issue... very slow resuppy for the MP5. I've been told by Karma it's been resolved, perhaps in the last hours then, because today on server 1 it looked like I could have gone fishing until the darn thing fully reloaded, making anything but Inf MP5 quite pointless. This is a pretty important weapon, but if it has been fixed... then good job.

In at least one instance today, Denial (or Recall) did not work for several weapons that I had when I died. I got back half of the weapons I had made, and when I tried to re-make the missing ones with my MWM I kept getting non-enchanted weapons, sometimes one after another, as it would have maybe a plus but not enchanted ability. Is this going to be the norm from now on, or is it simply a glitch?

Also are the double damages now lasting a few seconds less? Maybe it's my imagination... All I can say is that in the past half or more of the double damages dropped from monsters did not activate when I walked over them. That was pretty dissapointing especially when faced with a crowd of pissed of Titans... The color has changed, obviously, but the glitch is still there. Basically half of the double damages don't activate...

The new monsters are cool...("Come Here!") ...the pumking pickups are groovy.... but to me some of the changes are a bit drastic. Though I could deal with those few that are actual improvements...

Thanks to everyone who has put up with my rant... if there is anyone who has read so far. (Thx for the invite to the forum, Boss). Also thanks for putting up with my rancid jokes in the game (Karma that's you). I guess there are a few more things to touch on but I'd like to give you guys a chance to remedy my confusion, if anyone wants to take the trouble. Cheers. :bigsmurf:
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

@Nomxis:

Ghost is one of the most useful skills in the game, but its cost was significantly less than other skills which provide far less benefit. Having to gain a few more levels to max it out might be a small hassle, but you still have 90% of the skill's functionality.

High numbers of negative stat points (IIRC) is an Adrenaline Master specific issue. Denial (whose name was changed to Recall) had a new level of the ability added. Due to changes in the ability levels of Recall, all Adrenaline Masters who had level 3 Denial now have level 3 Recall (which costs 20 points). No one is being docked experience points for this, they're simply being grandfathered in to this new level of the skill, and the server is adjusting their points to calculate the cost of the new level.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

ZepaR wrote:Greetings and salutations!

Actually it was me that suggested to Nomxis to come to this forum and express his opinion about the recent upgrades to the server, although I do feel he came on a bit hard. I think his reaction is understandable, like many of us he feels very strongly about the DW invasion servers and may overreact when certain things seem out of place. I told him I too would post here because I am confused about a couple of these recent changes.

This is my first post on this forum, long overdue, I have been playing for quite a while on Servers 1 and 2 yet barely ever returned any feedback. I do appreciate the hard work you guys have been putting in, and I know you're trying to correct some things. I thought I should speak my mind here rather than in the game when everyone is playing and needs to be concentrating on anything else but chatter.

Ok my biggest gripe is with the negative stat points. For me that was the greatest shock, and I felt a simillar reaction from fellow players when they came into the game. Unless I missed a post here, there was no warning whatsoever about abilities going "up in price". Players put a lot of effort into leveling up, I think someone should have mentioned they'd have to build/buy back some of the abilities they already had. At least that's my opinion.

Second, why get rid of Null? Clearly Petrification isn't as strong and Null weapons aren't that easy to make anyway. Why not get rid of something that's almost useless such as Mana or Force? Ok ok, don't trash me, I'm not just saying this because I don't use them, it's just that I never see players asking for weapons of Mana or Force. Occasionaly I've seen people ask for weaps of Reload which they don't use much to reload other players; basically they don't get any XP and the reload player gets bored really fast. And do we need both Hover and Flight... omg, I cannot tell you how much I hate these weapons. They are essentially the same thing and do nothing more than what Boots Of Flight already do... and those are found quite easily. So in my opinion one of them has to go, lest we float around the map pretending we are buzzards for the rest of our gaming life.

Another big issue... very slow resuppy for the MP5. I've been told by Karma it's been resolved, perhaps in the last hours then, because today on server 1 it looked like I could have gone fishing until the darn thing fully reloaded, making anything but Inf MP5 quite pointless. This is a pretty important weapon, but if it has been fixed... then good job.

In at least one instance today, Denial (or Recall) did not work for several weapons that I had when I died. I got back half of the weapons I had made, and when I tried to re-make the missing ones with my MWM I kept getting non-enchanted weapons, sometimes one after another, as it would have maybe a plus but not enchanted ability. Is this going to be the norm from now on, or is it simply a glitch?

Also are the double damages now lasting a few seconds less? Maybe it's my imagination... All I can say is that in the past half or more of the double damages dropped from monsters did not activate when I walked over them. That was pretty dissapointing especially when faced with a crowd of pissed of Titans... The color has changed, obviously, but the glitch is still there. Basically half of the double damages don't activate...

The new monsters are cool...("Come Here!") ...the pumking pickups are groovy.... but to me some of the changes are a bit drastic. Though I could deal with those few that are actual improvements...

Thanks to everyone who has put up with my rant... if there is anyone who has read so far. (Thx for the invite to the forum, Boss). Also thanks for putting up with my rancid jokes in the game (Karma that's you). I guess there are a few more things to touch on but I'd like to give you guys a chance to remedy my confusion, if anyone wants to take the trouble. Cheers. :bigsmurf:
Hey Zepar,

See my post above about the negative stat points issue. Anyway, fair notice, there will be point cost adjustments in the future.
Right now I am not seeing any substantial cost adjustments (just rounding certain ability costs to multiples of 5), but take it as fair notice. I actually have come onto the server and mentioned to people that saving stat points is probably a good idea due to upcoming new skills and cost adjustments.

I guess I'm going to do a quick rundown since you've got a whole laundry list of things you mentioned:

-Double Damage is exactly the same as before. There are new orange/gold drops (as seen in DM-Xibalba) that last 15 seconds and are more common than the standard purple drops.
-MWMs have not been changed. I don't know why people are suddenly rolling no magic weapons, since nothing has been changed there. All I know is this behavior might happen if the loop where the magic type is assigned runs for too long (p/l, latency issue I suppose).
-Resupply for the MP5 is correct for how much ammo the MP5 has, but for the next version I'm adjusting the calculation to reduce the rounding error in it (which will increase the amount of ammo you get per pulse). In general though, you are meant to run out of ammo, which is why Omniammo pickups are dropping now, and why Reloading weapons exist, etc.
-Flight isn't going anywhere, and I doubt Hover will either.
-Reloading weapons - These weapons boost your passive resupply, so using them is beneficial to you already. I am not sure how I can reward players for reloading others' weapons though, since I don't want someone sitting in a corner and blasting away at a wall so his friend can gain experience from a Reloading weapon.
-Petrification is meant to be exactly the same as Null, and it is in the next version. The change is due to upcoming changes to Adrenaline Masters (and also to improve the overall look and feel of the server).
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

Other than the resupply problem with the MP5, I don't mind the changes and since I have a new AM character I'm happy to be able to have Recall-3.

Not sure I understand why Null had to be replaced with Petrification or what the difference is. Would it be possible to change the Petrification color back to the Null's black?

I don't understand the difference between Hover and Flight and I have yet to "fly" up with the Flight weapon--it doesn't work like Boots of Flight for me. (If it did then it might be useful for something.) What is the difference between Hover and Flight?

One annoying problem that really bugs me is when you have two weapons of the same type and you roll a Magic Weapons Maker and the weapon you rolled for gets the same property as the other weapon of the same type and then you lose it, ending up with just one weapon. Also, if you pick up a weapon (from the ground) as the same type you have you get bilked out of it. It seems like it's more of a bug than an intentional feature.
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

i miss the black null....

the mp5 thing is kinda annoying....(are the mp5 ammo pickups fixed? cuz that might help)

but other than that the new update is fun

cept recall.....