Mid-Game map voting.

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Terra
Pro but Noob

This is a rule that is often ignored here in the mash, for those who dont know the rule : :stop: DO NOT VOTE FOR MAPS MID-GAME IN THE MONSTER MASH PLEASE! :stop:

The amount of times ive gotten to the end of a map, pressed x to vote with a map in mind to find 6 or 7 votes for China or AdaraDam is now too many to count. :angry5:

We [the players who dont vote early] have no say in what map we go to next when this happens and it happens more and more each week, as i said its usually China and i, along with many others am not a fan of this map. :cussing:

just out of interest why are there 2 versions of this map? if it was one of the best maps on the server i could understand but thats clearly not the case here.

Anyway, could we possibly have a reminder on screen in game?
we have one for :spam1: , language, behavior etc. and it seems to work well enough.
InflatableHero
Pro but Noob

Agree.. I think ppl vote China because it's one of the first maps you see on the vote list..? :P
but yeah.. I normally don't even cast a vote because I don't get enough time to look at what I might want to play and even if I voted it wouldn't make a difference ^^
Mid-game voting just seems to mess up the system, I had a screen shot a while back of a map that reached 1300+ votes which is just hilarious

*it was actually a hell of a lot more.. lol Image
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Terra wrote:This is a rule that is often ignored here in the mash, for those who dont know the rule : :stop: DO NOT VOTE FOR MAPS MID-GAME IN THE MONSTER MASH PLEASE! :stop:

I'm with Terra all the way on this. The reason why this is a rule is because people voted for the map you're playing in. It won the map voting (even if it was a tie) so let's play the map all the way through. Even though the majority may hate the map you're playing, don't mid game vote because there will always be someone that's having fun. Just be alittle patient & wait 45 mins...If you can't do that, there's always the other server or better yet...Spam Vikings >:)

Not only that, but mid game voting does have a risky chance for glitching. I remember several times someone voted for one map. Only one vote, but as time progress (wave 3-5) the map is now up to 13 votes....24 votes...32 votes...47 votes...etc... (yes, I did check the console to see if anyone else voted for it.) It's usually one person that spoils it for the rest of us >:(

DW would of disabled in game map voting, but do to certain glitches (ie: Mini Boss glitching or new wave won't start), they have the midgame voting activated. If this continues to be the problem, I suggest to disable the map voting & force everyone to kill themselves to end the match.
::calms down:: sry, I'm just really irritated about this...

As for China, I do feel like we play that map three times a day lol (exaggerated). My theory is that it's on top of the map list, and the second peeps see it available they'll go, "oo AChina is up." & never bother scrolling down. Same thing with 28 weeks later & Mixer.
::Walks away to cool down then turns around briefly::
I like the idea of having a reminder on the screen once in awhile.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW Clan Member

Seems like I need to start visiting the server more often.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

People seem to vote for only 2 reasons. 1) They are a low level and get killed easily. 2) They don't like the map especially when #1 happens. Even if they knew they're not supposed to vote mid-game, they might anyway unless there is some kind of reprimand. Can the map voting behavior be modified to put an auto kick vote against anyone who votes mid-game? A 2nd map vote would get 2 kick votes, a 3rd map vote would get 3 kick votes, a 4th map vote would get 4 kick votes, and so on. Mini Boss and other glitches requiring mid-game voting wouldn't be affected if remaining players realize they'd would have to suicide anyway to end the game.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Mid game map voting....

Do not do this! Not only does it exhibit poor sportsmanship (you're taking away all the hard work that the people who -want- to play the map have expended to get to the Luci wave)and disrespect (the majority voted for the map, if you do not like it, please leave. You can always go see what the other server is playing, get in a round or two of Onslaught, have a snack or sneak some face time with your family/friends/pets...whatever!) it will get you a warning from admins and it-will- get you a vacation if you are a repeat offender. Map voting is a function that can be turned off...then you would ALL have to play the maps in a set rotation. I'd rather see everyone excercising their free will by voting for their favorites at the end of the current map, wouldn't you?

Map vote glitching...

Anyone caught doing this will earn themselves a lengthy vacation and if you are caught a second time, please don't expect to be coming back to play on our servers. It is nothing but a malicious act, whose sole purpose is to let one person have their way over the majority vote. Don't do it!

DW>KarmaKat
:cat:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
-1PARA-Queenie
1337 Haxor

ARGH to the people who do it over and over and over and over again doesnt matter how many times some people get told they still do it every freakin map, tad on the annoying side. :angryfire:

:queen:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

RocketQueen wrote:ARGH to the people who do it over and over and over and over again doesnt matter how many times some people get told they still do it every freakin map, tad on the annoying side. :angryfire:

:queen:
I believe they continuously be ignorant because there's no penalty (other than a few people say, "no midgame voting plz"). Maybe if we turn into parents for immature kids & add some "time-out" punishments, they'll ease on mid game voting.

::rereads what I've written::
I don't know what tipped me over, but I find myself very cranky on this topic. I should take a nap or chew on ice cubes to calm me down.
Last edited by DW_Ant on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Wee more vacations will get right on it lol

I think after 1 warning we should give 5 map vacations.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Emerson
Bandito
Camper

Unfortionatly, everyone in this thread is just preaching to the choir. Mid game map voting is annoying, but I'd imagine that most of the players that mid game vote have never been to the DW website & this forum.

I think Terra has the right idea, just add a little note in with the other yellow messages that scroll on the bottom of the screen. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Bandito <-- who never know which smiley to add :king: