New classes skills ideas

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Marius
Killer in Training

Bacon wrote:dont be a playa hater!

haha well there could be a limit to how many people you res.

*playa haters*
Res'ing would defeat the point of having Ghost.. >.>

I would much rather see Ghost be able to give you two lives, or something else of that sort, than an Adren powered res'ing ability.

Think about overloaded adren maps. It would take no skill to win. A medic sits on an adren keg spawn, and waits for monsters to fry people, then he res's them and they go out and do the SoS again.
Kyomaa
Killer in Training

Agreed. If you want cooler medic abilities, why not a medic gun improvement that can restore shields too? Or a sphere thing that regens shields for everyone in it? Then a medic could put up his health one, and a medic put up a shield one. *shrug* I dunno. I think medics are already tough.
Server 1:
MMA>Kyomaa - WM (in progress)

Server 2:
MMA>Kyomaa - AM (110 -- retired for now.)
MMA>Kyoma - WM (135 and rising...)
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

Res'ing defeats the purpose of dying.

It might work in other game types but not for invasion. It already has ghost and you already get resurrected at the beginning of each wave. As long as there are live medics, it would take a the risk out of going out and fighting monsters.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Seven_of_69 wrote:Res'ing defeats the purpose of dying.
One of my favorite quotes from the band, Enigma:

"...dying is teaching us how to live."
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

well what about the first time player players that play here but get mad cuz they keep dying? then the leave and dont come back... or just in general lower lvl players that dont have ghost.

im just sayin like today at least 2 people asked me if there was res and i said no. so people do want it others dont. i wasnt posting this just cuz i want it i was posting it cuz people ask every day if there is a res on the server.

and i a also posting this cuz of other people just think its a good idea. and i kind alike it but yea i agree it defeats the purpose of a challenge and surviving and defeats the purpose of ghost but still if there was a limit of how many people you res a wave. or a map then then that would be fine too. i wouldnt care if i would only res one person a wave i just think it would be cool cuz if your the last and arnt that good then you res someone and you get a little help.

but go ahead i would like to read more peoples opinions.
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Bacon wrote:well what about the first time player players that play here but get mad cuz they keep dying? then the leave and dont come back... or just in general lower lvl players that dont have ghost.
Well the first time player, you are speaking of has obviously played the invasion game before because they ask if thier is res on the server. They just want a way back in if they die, which they will...because...your low level and just starting out. You and others worry way too much about staying alive rather than killing as much as possible before you die. That is the life of low level trying to work your way up the ranks.
Bacon wrote:im just sayin like today at least 2 people asked me if there was res and i said no. so people do want it others dont. i wasnt posting this just cuz i want it i was posting it cuz people ask every day if there is a res on the server.
Well they may want it but it has not been implemented for reasons stated previously. This "ability" gets brought up every 3-6 months as we get a new batch of players who may have just picked up the game or have been playing a while and gotten banned from another server and want to change ours to what the other allows. You do not have to answer for the server not having resurrection. We stand by our product here and it has not been the top 2 invasion servers for the past year for nothing. From the game play to the innovative monsters, to the most important part the people who continue to come and play here, they are testament that we do something right, and not having resurrection was a very early choice that was made.

Bacon wrote:and i a also posting this cuz of other people just think its a good idea. and i kind alike it but yea i agree it defeats the purpose of a challenge and surviving and defeats the purpose of ghost but still if there was a limit of how many people you res a wave. or a map then then that would be fine too. i wouldnt care if i would only res one person a wave i just think it would be cool cuz if your the last and arnt that good then you res someone and you get a little help.
Thanks for posting Bacon. The answer is still no on resurrection. The idea of limited # of res, who is going to code it? who makes it work the way you say it will? who is the one that gets to res, you even though you may not be the highest level medic. No Bacon I think not having res is still a good idea policy. You win the map you loose the map. Ghost is the second life for a mistake made and naturally it come at a high skill point price. Just because this generation is instant gratification does not mean you need to have it your way now. Each wave in the game lasts less than 4 minutes. If you don't have enough patience to wait a few minutes to get back into the action then you really need to find something else to do away from your computer.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Bacon
Killer in Training

well idk who will make it. people can voice there opinion on how they like a certain skill so this is just mine. people may like it another people may not like the idea of the res at all. all in all i dont really care if you do put in res or not. im just posting this cuz of the months i have been here i just hear people asking if there is res. so this post was for them. i could not care less if there was a res. i dont want someone to make it how i want it. so your telling me that the 50+ skills the are on the server you cant figure out how to do this one?

but cuz there have been some bad replies ill stop talking about it.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Making a Resurrection skill would probably not be all that hard. The question is usually not whether any individual thing is hard to make or do, it's the side issues of whether it steps on too many toes, how it affects difficulty level, and how much other stuff may need to change to accommodate the new thing. That's not to mention the additional effort that goes into models/textures/sounds/effects to try and make things in the game feel more interesting than pressing a button on a keyboard/mouse.
bigws
Pro but Noob

how about the weapon master gets a skill that makes monsters take more damage or decreases the level of them by a % or solid ammount as it goes up...that was a wm could be just as usefull as a AM or person hiding when it gets down to 1 person left...
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

lol, although when there are many players left this would be sucky easy, just how many times have you been unable to kill the mini because you are the last man? I don't think this should be an ability, but maybe something should be done about minibosses, you can sit for 30 minutes trying to kill a lvl 300-ish mini....