Inventory/Store?

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Kyomaa
Killer in Training

I've played almost exclusively on this server, for like a couple years now off and on, and I love it. <3 But I did play on 1 other server, for a short time...like a week? Maybe if that. But it had a kind of nifty feature, it had a little store type of thing where you could buy weapons or artifacts and what not, which was kind of cool. I don't remember costs, or availabilities or what have you. I just remember it being there, and thinking it was kind of cool. Is this something you guys have thought about? I was just curious, I was playing the other night and I kind of remembered it. Figured I'd post it, and see what your guys stance was on this. :)
Server 1:
MMA>Kyomaa - WM (in progress)

Server 2:
MMA>Kyomaa - AM (110 -- retired for now.)
MMA>Kyoma - WM (135 and rising...)
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

The store was UI property. We have discussed and thought about it when we brought the server 1 on line and I can't speak for everyone but being able to purchase the items you want sort of defeats the purpose of cooperative play, don't you think. Want an infinite weapon. purchase infinite weapon makers. Now you longer have a random chance or have to rely on anybody. Hence online Multiplyer server community that DW Monster Mash is.

I feel as if some of you are trying to make it so a character never has to rely on the other two classes to accomplish anything in the game. Crossing skills and abilities to the point where you never have to communicate with others in the game you just go do your thing, and make everything you need yourself. I find that rather drab. Sorry just my opinion!

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Actually, this is something I have been thinking about. I am not sure it will ever happen, but there are some advantages to being able to buy and sell items. If it ever did happen I am not sure it would be anything like the UI store though. I think it would look more like a way that players could trade items between themselves than as a way of creating any item or power from thin air.
Kyomaa
Killer in Training

I don't want it to where I don't have to communicate, I just was thinking so I didn't have to beg, and plead for a triple or random stuff like that. At lower levels, it's rare in chance you're going to get a Infi Maker or a triple from drops. With no DR, you'll be hard pressed to find someone who can live without dying/hiding past wave 5-6. I respect your opinion however. :) That's why I like this server, is the community here. This is why I don't play anywhere else. :D You guys are smart, and you don't want everything handed to you. I LOVE the challenge here, that's why you'll see me voting in hard maps as well as easy maps.
Server 1:

Server 2:
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

As an idea for trading between players, would it be possible to do something like "click" on a player to exchange the agreed upon items? E.g. instead of having to toss weapons and artifacts, which always risks losing them, the item would get transferred directly to the player (retaining the animation would still be nice).
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

yeah seven, I agree a d!ck who was new to the server once went around nicking other ppl's weps as they traded / copied. either that situation or when someone *accidentally* steals your inf as an AM gives it to you.... it would be good to designate a player that could take it.
bigws
Pro but Noob

something else u could have is a save a weapon sort of thing where you pay some massive amount of credits and u can get somthing that lets u save 1 weapon and it can be used like 10 times or something...that way people could save mine layer or a redeemer for a later map that doesnt have it or u can just make it an extremely rare drop
Kyomaa
Killer in Training

bigws wrote:something else u could have is a save a weapon sort of thing where you pay some massive amount of credits and u can get somthing that lets u save 1 weapon and it can be used like 10 times or something...that way people could save mine layer or a redeemer for a later map that doesnt have it or u can just make it an extremely rare drop
I think that's a little overboard personally.
Server 1:

Server 2:
moonshad

I would say to setup a store for maps where if a map doesnt have a waepon you can buy the missing weapon (or hard to find one) at the store. However the store does not produce magic weapons at all. It give clean base weapons and only ones that are not on particular maps. Like some maps dont have mine layers. Maybe a map doesnt have MP5's and the adren master just gave his away. That kinda thing.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

moonshad wrote:Like some maps dont have mine layers.
I understand the mp5, but there is a reason why some maps exclude the mine layers. Especially where small maps exclude mine layers because it is easy carpet the floor when ten players are using them.

But always remember that wms spawn with mine layers and monsters drop them, too so I don't really think that it's necessary for the store to have them, too.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466