Energy modifier chances

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

Anyonne notice that it as become realy difficult to roll energy weapons? I swear last time on DM-Steady it took me from wave 2 to 9 to get my energy flak on my AM in server 1. At 25 rolls/wave that's around 200 rolls! I remember before I was able to get my energy weapon set (mine, link and flak) around wave 4-5. Now I get them around wave 9-10. It is like energy has become has rare has vorpal or vampirism, I think we should raise the chance to get em like it use to be.

If anyonne else notice this post your comment.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Purely psychological AFAIK.
I was going to ask why you'd even want to spend half the game standing around pressing U (BTW - You see no problem with maps giving out 20,000+ adren?), but then I noticed you were 'playing' Steady.
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

well i did some testing in bunker-185 and here are the result after 200 rolls for the flak :

Flight:3 (1.5%)
immolation:6 (3%)
energy:6 (3%)
piercing:6 (3%)
healing:6 (3%)
protection:6 (3%)
retaliation:7 (3.5%)
force:7 (3.5%)
rejuv-water:8 (4%)
reloading:8 (4%)
freeze:9 (4.5%)
petrification:9 (4.5%)
poison:9 (4.5%)
vampirism:10 (5%)
damage:10 (5%)
skaarjbane:10 (5%)
earth:10 (5%)
lucky:11 (5.5%)
knockback:13 (6.5%)
reflecting:13 (6.5%)
hunter:14 (7%)
infinite:17 (8.5%)

So energy chance are lower then almost anything, lower then vampirism, even lower then infinite. I think energy chance should be 10% (1 out of 10), insted of only 3%.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

Sometimes it takes my AM several waves to get my first energy anything while other times I have everything on wave 1. It's taken as long as wave 11 to get energy flak but that's an exception. That was on Akbal so I actually had to work for my adren. :faroah:

As for vamp, sometimes I roll tons of them in one game and other times I get none.

Given the number of different magic types and the randomness of generating any particular weapon, I don't understand why sometimes I get hunter (or whatever) on every second roll.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

This is the latest info I have from the config:

Vampiric - 1
Vorpal - 2
Infinite - 1
Freezing - 1
Healing - 1
Knockback - 1
Petrification - 2
Force - 1
Damage - 1
Energy - 2
Poison - 1
Luck - 1
Protection - 2
Piercing - 1
Immolation - 1
Reflection - 1
Earth - 1
Reloading - 1
Rejuvenation - 1
Skaarjbane - 1
Flight - 1
Retaliation - 1
Chain Lightning - 1
Hunter - 1

Probability of any particular weapon is (in theory) can be determined by taking the #/ Total Sum.

So just looking at this, I count a total of 27, which indicates the base chance for any weapon with a probability value of 1 should be ~3.7%, and for Vorpal, Energy, Petrification, and Protection the chances are 7.4%.*

* I excluded Chain Lightning since it's only applicable to the Lightning Gun and that's kind of irrelevant given the gist of this complaint. When looking at Flak specifically you can also exclude Vorpal weapons which brings the overall chances for energy to 2/25 (8%).

The more relevant question to me is whether the Magic Weapon Maker actually calculates a random value when it goes to determine the magic weapon type that gets rolled. Personally, I'm not convinced that the way it determines this is actually random. I haven't really scrutinized it but my general impression is that the way this calculation is set up actually favors lower weapons on the list (FYI - Hunter is listed last in the list of weapon types at the moment, but Flight is fourth from last and you have it listed as the least frequent... so that's kind of inconclusive.).

So, mostly - I don't think you're crazy, but at the same time I'm not aware of any changes that have taken place with regards to frequency in any recent period of time. If you're talking about a trend that's more recent than in the last year I'd say it has more to do with luck/psychology than anything else.
Bacon
Killer in Training

of course what ever franky wants he will get it. anything that makes the game "fair"
Bacon
Killer in Training

the last i was on my AM it took me 84 or 85 times to make a vorpal shock. and it was on aswan with the slowest adren ever.

EDITED by: DW>KarmaKat
Inappropriate language deleted.
Bacon, please watch your language..in game and in the forums. Thanks!
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Bacon wrote:the last i was on my AM it took me 84 or 85 times to make a vorpal shock. and it was on aswan with the slowest adren ever.
That's your problem Bacon your standing around on Aswan on the slow adren. Your high enough level, and "a good player" you should be running and rolling.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

It's all about the luck of the odds. This morning on Terrigan, I rolled a vorpal shock on wave 6 after only a half dozen tries and there isn't a single adren pill on the map. Don't need them because the monsters are full of adren. :faroah:

On the next map, 8 Moves, I rolled a vorpal shock on wave 7 after about a dozen tries. Other times I go several maps in a row without getting a vorpal. I also stop rolling my shock if I get a vamp/petri and have no other weapon of that type so it's not like I'll roll forever waiting for a vorpal anyway.
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

Vorpals seem pretty quick to make sometimes, usually with shock, but then when I use a lightning gun it takes forever. I wonder if this is just random...?