Whoring of MP5?

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
MageKnight
Killer in Training

These days im been noticing a few players (in fact rather amusingly they are all medics) using the MP5 throughout the entire game like there are no other weaps in the game.Not only that, I particularly notice how 1 or 2 ive seen exhibiting somewhat superb accuracy in their aiming when using the MP5. How they often tag them with triple dmg and ewc, and obtain obscene scores as compared to the other players. (Not that im not prejudiced against medics here, but with the medic inf MP5 so easily available to them , the way they just simply shoot down targets like dead flies with startling accuracy using MP5 disturbs me....)

Im highly suspicious that several of these notorious "MP5 whorers" might be using some hacks or AIMBOTS to be precise. Now i may be speculating, but these things makes me want to raise some concerns:

1) Are there any form of anticheat on the MM servers? Fair players like us need to be assured that other players are not ruining the game but hooking some forms of hacks onto the game (wall-hack, aimbot etc) and thereby making the game TOO EASY for us. Invasion is afterall a team game, no? Cooperation is key to winning, not cheating.
I know that anticheat are not 100% effective, but nevertheless some form of actions to deter aimbotters would be decent enuff.

2) The MP5, as had been discussed in other topics in this forum, is seemingly overpowered and many have derided it to be a "cheap" weap with its crazy high rate of dmg output for easy availability. TBH, I think many would also feel that the current MP5 must go. I suggest the MP5 should be either toned down in terms of power or rate of fire, or simply replaced it back with a good old assault rifle, maybe perhaps putting this "all-powerful" MP5 as some secret weap in a few maps instead. After all, a medic assault rifle can also heal players with the grenade splash dmg..

3) Can u create some new monsters that can neutralize the advantage some classes have? I think this can increase the difficuly of the game by frocing the classes to work together more often, make it more enjoyable IMO. With so many maps around with 100% safe hiding spots, slightly increasing the difficulty shouldnt make it too tough for beginners...A monster that can "pierce" thru globe (ie can dmg globe players to death?). Monsters that vampirize (dmg and heal itself)? More minibosses in between waves? (see mini-lucis in the DARK invasion server). Monsters completely unaffected by certain type or classes of weapons? Seeing how the final wave is so easily reached these days, i hope some of these suggestions come to light :)
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

Great... another "Too easy" thread. I'm getting fed up with complaints about overpowered classes (IT IS HARD TO GET ON AS A MEDIC IN SOME MAPS TOO YOU KNOW!). The MP5 is a good gun, it's accurate and pumps out fire fast. I use it through all of waves 1-3 and 9-15 and to be honest it IS a great gun. It's pretty powerful but here's one thing: YOU DONT GET IT FROM LOCKERS CONSISTENTLY IF YOU USE IT ONCE IT IS GONE. Some maps supply MP5 lockers but it is a valuable weapon. You want us to remove links to make luci harder too? I'm sorry but the MP5 has been in this server for years. I doubt it will ever be removed and I'm sure others agree if the MP5 was nerfed they would be pretty p!ss3d off about it.

/rant to rant
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

I don't see what the problem is on using a mp5 troughout the entire game. After all, it's one of the only weapons meds can use to get a proper score. Adrenaline masters and Weapon masters have the stronger weapons, but most of them simply just don't know how to use them. Thats no reason to bring the assault rifle back, and look at the rifle, I've tried it on other servers, not satisfied with it;
1. Its ugly
2. For some reason its hard to aim with it. But the mp5 is slim, and easier to see your target.

And no, the mp5 is not to strong, even when you use a tripple, its as strong as any other magic mp5.

The globe should stay as it is. It's an advantage for AMs and high WMs, low levels would die faster, etc..

No, the server has no anticheat, and it would be great if people stoped autobotting ! :)
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

MageKnight wrote:These days im been noticing a few players (in fact rather amusingly they are all medics) using the MP5 throughout the entire game like there are no other weaps in the game.Not only that, I particularly notice how 1 or 2 ive seen exhibiting somewhat superb accuracy in their aiming when using the MP5. How they often tag them with triple dmg and ewc, and obtain obscene scores as compared to the other players. (Not that im not prejudiced against medics here, but with the medic inf MP5 so easily available to them , the way they just simply shoot down targets like dead flies with startling accuracy using MP5 disturbs me....)

Im highly suspicious that several of these notorious "MP5 whorers" might be using some hacks or AIMBOTS to be precise. Now i may be speculating, but these things makes me want to raise some concerns:

1) Are there any form of anticheat on the MM servers? Fair players like us need to be assured that other players are not ruining the game but hooking some forms of hacks onto the game (wall-hack, aimbot etc) and thereby making the game TOO EASY for us. Invasion is afterall a team game, no? Cooperation is key to winning, not cheating.
I know that anticheat are not 100% effective, but nevertheless some form of actions to deter aimbotters would be decent enuff.
It's called admins! We admin our servers and if you are suspicious of anyone aimboting, drop us a pm or better yet take a demo rec and we will take a look and if proven they will get BANNED.
MageKnight wrote:2) The MP5, as had been discussed in other topics in this forum, is seemingly overpowered and many have derided it to be a "cheap" weap with its crazy high rate of dmg output for easy availability. TBH, I think many would also feel that the current MP5 must go. I suggest the MP5 should be either toned down in terms of power or rate of fire, or simply replaced it back with a good old assault rifle, maybe perhaps putting this "all-powerful" MP5 as some secret weap in a few maps instead. After all, a medic assault rifle can also heal players with the grenade splash dmg..

3) Can u create some new monsters that can neutralize the advantage some classes have? I think this can increase the difficuly of the game by frocing the classes to work together more often, make it more enjoyable IMO. With so many maps around with 100% safe hiding spots, slightly increasing the difficulty shouldnt make it too tough for beginners...A monster that can "pierce" thru globe (ie can dmg globe players to death?). Monsters that vampirize (dmg and heal itself)? More minibosses in between waves? (see mini-lucis in the DARK invasion server). Monsters completely unaffected by certain type or classes of weapons? Seeing how the final wave is so easily reached these days, i hope some of these suggestions come to light :)

Well as far as these last two I don't think your going to get too much movement on that. Especially since the Adren master has already been nerfed with way too much. We also have monsters that neutralize their abilities. Poison sliths anyone????? Waillords that take adren?????

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

sigh..... whine whine whine

you have an mp5 too, use it
Its Pronounced Taz-Cross-Blade, not Tazer-Blade, not Taz-Crows-Blade, not Taco-Blade, Taz-Cross-Blade
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

1. AFAIK no. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the obscenely high scores were as a result of aimbots. It's a hitscan weapon so I'm sure that botting would be extraordinarily effective.

2. The MP5 is overpowered, but everyone gets one... So yeah. The chances of this changing are about 0%.

3. Well, we already have monsters with features you're suggesting... As for too easy, I'm not sure I agree. I think things are way too hard. But the biggest aspect of maps being easy is simply that waves time out which basically means that all you need to "win" is to have some guy idling in a safe room. Snoozefest.
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

How they often tag them with triple dmg and ewc, and obtain obscene scores as compared to the other players. (Not that im not prejudiced against medics here, but with the medic inf MP5 so easily available to them , the way they just simply shoot down targets like dead flies with startling accuracy using MP5 disturbs me....)
I understand your concerns, I myself experienced this "feeling" someting's not right with the medic mp5 and some players untill I discover that the EWC combined to this weapon make it overpowerd. (check the post "the Enhanced Weapon Charm issue). I'm pretty sure their is no aimbot involved there, just a bunch of players that discovered a way to exploit a server issue and abusing it to the max. It's a pain in the arse, i know, but thing should be more balance in the next update.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
MageKnight
Killer in Training

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:I don't see what the problem is on using a mp5 troughout the entire game. After all, it's one of the only weapons meds can use to get a proper score. Adrenaline masters and Weapon masters have the stronger weapons, but most of them simply just don't know how to use them. Thats no reason to bring the assault rifle back, and look at the rifle, I've tried it on other servers, not satisfied with it;
1. Its ugly
2. For some reason its hard to aim with it. But the mp5 is slim, and easier to see your target.

And no, the mp5 is not to strong, even when you use a tripple, its as strong as any other magic mp5.

The globe should stay as it is. It's an advantage for AMs and high WMs, low levels would die faster, etc..

No, the server has no anticheat, and it would be great if people stoped autobotting ! :)
Your arguments are wat i wanted to emphasise. Its a sham and idiotic how medics can only just rely on some ewced custom made "semi-super" inf auto hitscan weapon to own the game. Its actually quite strange that such an automatic weap is stronger than say, an explosive ordnance weap like RL or mine layer. am and wm dunno how to use weaps? Just look at Franky and all the other high-scoring wms and ams. nrg weaps dun work well all the time (esp in the high high waves), dudes know how to use other diff types of weaps (think ml of dmg, vorpal shock, chain lightning gun) to gd effect. Actually i think i should have named this thread as "Whoring of inf med MP5" instead, since the inf use of this weap is wat caused this issue in the first place.

Thanks for bringing the ewc issue up Franky, it cleared things a little.
Alas im not ranting...and considering a few of the responses i get from my "ranting", its kinda funny. Are u all so close-minded that u would all simply dismissed any suggestions to up the mantle of the game challenges? Is the MP5 just too sacrosanct to be removed or even altered?? Or are u afraid that such things if implemented, might ruin your otherwise MONOPOLISTIC control of the game situation?

Love to hear your views.
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

As taz said... you have an mp5 too. Stop complaining about it and try it yourself. MP5 will not be nerfed or removed. I know that for a fact because most of the DWs I see in the game use it as an nrg/as a medic weapon. It's not being down toned. Ok.
HellBrYnger
Killer in Training

yea i remember something, was like 3-4 weeks ago.
i dunno who it was but it was a medic, in choco's domeofdoom, sitting high up top in one of the boxes with the medic mp5, and at the end of the he had around 2500-3000 scorepoints.
:scratch:

and IMO (!), making a 'simple' mp5 stronger than the original ut minigun is ... well.. not right?
Payback is a Bitch.