What if there were no low levels on INV?

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
Seven_of_69
1337 Haxor

warhead2 wrote:the statements "The effect of the weapon is to ignore damage reduction that monsters gain as a result of their level" and "monsters are still harder to kill as their level goes up" seem to be conflicting ideas....
Not necessarily. It depends upon whether piercing ignores ALL of a monster's DR or only ignores SOME of their DR. I'm not sure which it is. IMO monsters should become harder to kill as their level goes up but never impossible.
warhead2 wrote:Also, one thing that occured to me from my own coding experiences, is that things like client/server replication issues can account for our differing experiences, as such things would manefest themselves differently at different times for different people. important thing is we understand how it's supposed to work so we can report the bugs when we find them.
That's certainly possible for some things (such as lag causing the locations of monsters, players, projectiles, etc. to lose synchronization from the player's perspective) but I can't imagine how it could affect other things like a weapon's damage. If something can be calculated with a formula, it should be reliable and predictable.
Dynadin
Pro but Noob

Seven_of_69 wrote:If something can be calculated with a formula, it should be reliable and predictable.
There is always that anomalous point somewhere that will throw everything off at a moments notice XD
To bring about the end you have to start at the beginning.
warhead2
1337 Haxor

Wail, did the +6 piercing get fixed (issue with it not doing good damage on hi lvl monsters) ?

I finally getting back to playing me lvl 300 char and last night i was all alone after every1 had died and the piercing mine layer seemed to be doing just fine for me. i din look at it too close though cause i didn't want to chance dying so i nrg deemer'd my way through.
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
warhead2
1337 Haxor

Another point of note, it has slowly dawned on me why the old piercing never worked too well for me, with high pitch hit sounds and low damage. while it's not totally clear how it works, wail mentioned a "scaling effect", so i would guess that during most of my old experiences, i had a piercing with a relatively low plus rating, meaning the peircing effect was not very powerful, thus rendering the weapon mostly ineffective when monster level was high. that being said, i do like the new weapon better, as it's no longer a scaling effect, and +6 gives you a better chance of getting a weapon with a good plus rating. thanks wail, really appreciate the new piercing.

still havne't been able to verify if the new piercing is working good or not, i haven't run into too many situations where i'm the only one left. wonder if any one else has had chance to see how well they are working now?
krneki
Camper

ever tried poison and piercing weapons combo?
warhead2
1337 Haxor

i assume u mean deemer combo? those sound like some nice deemer combos, and now that you've mentioned it, i gotta try em :scool:
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

Try a Poison-deemer combo with a poison +5 doubled at +10 with the DMM in a bunch of high level monster (200+) and watch the monster awareness bar drop from green to red in 2 seconds LOL. :scool:
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

Just to say, after a game yesterday on Akbal where there were a ton of level 25-50s on, every time they were killed 20-60 seconds after the beginning of the last few waves, it was a case of "oh crap get behind the pot and hide and wait" because all the hitsounds were high. Crazy_Boy and I totally destroyed the raptors with vorp shocks though... then we got our heads bitten off... ):
krneki
Camper

DW_FrankyTheFly wrote:Try a Poison-deemer combo with a poison +5 doubled at +10 with the DMM in a bunch of high level monster (200+) and watch the monster awareness bar drop from green to red in 2 seconds LOL. :scool:
Exactly. And get 120 xp per second.
@nt
Pro but Noob

Seven_of_69 wrote:High monster levels is one reason I prefer to play my AM over my WM. My AM has a pretty good chance of getting a vorpal shock/lg/sniper and/or piercing of almost any weapon, with the obvious benefit of keeping those weapons with recall.

Piercing has been useful on countless occasions. One time in particular, there were only 4 players on Terrigan, all high levels of at least 200-250-ish. I was the only AM and there was either 1 WM and 2 medics or 2 WMs and one medic. When I made and shared piercing mines+10, all 4 of us were able to continue killing monsters and make it to Luci. Before the piercing mines, no one was doing much damage nor getting much if any XP.

Also I have found that a good piercing weapon+22 can dole out a lot of damage, especially if it's splash damage from rockets, mines, or MP5 grenades. Even regular piercing grenades will do damage wonders.

IMO piercing weapons should be shared and copied just like energy. :sbigsmile:
Too bad that vorpal and infinite isn't copyable :ssad:
I like cookies...