UT2004 won't open.

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

Hey there, I've been trying for an hour or so trying to launch UT2004, but it keeps failing. The launch icon shows up in my dock (idk what it's called in windows anymore, it's the bar on the bottom of the screen, where you can see what programs are launched.)

So it shows up for two seconds before it disappears again. I have no idea what might be causing this. Yesterday I got a notification saying I have no disk space left, I deleted some movies and now I have 12GB, so I don't think that's the problem.
Also tried restarting my computer, no effect at all. Deleted some more movies..
Everything else runs perfect :ssmirk:

Edit:
I tried opening it through 'Terminal' it something like those .CMD thingy's

Here's what I got:
Last login: Sun Feb 14 12:02:37 on console
/Users/Julian/Desktop/Games/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004\ MAC-/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004.app/System/ut2004-bin ; exit;
imac-van-julian-******:~ Julian$ /Users/Julian/Desktop/Games/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004\ MAC-/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004.app/System/ut2004-bin ; exit;
2010-05-22 18:54:27.841 ut2004-bin[196:10b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

History:

Exiting due to error
logout

[Proces voltooid]

Proces voltooid = Process Finished
****** = Last name bleeped
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:Hey there, I've been trying for an hour or so trying to launch UT2004, but it keeps failing. The launch icon shows up in my dock (idk what it's called in windows anymore, it's the bar on the bottom of the screen, where you can see what programs are launched.)

So it shows up for two seconds before it disappears again. I have no idea what might be causing this. Yesterday I got a notification saying I have no disk space left, I deleted some movies and now I have 12GB, so I don't think that's the problem.
Also tried restarting my computer, no effect at all. Deleted some more movies..
Everything else runs perfect :ssmirk:

Edit:
I tried opening it through 'Terminal' it something like those .CMD thingy's

Here's what I got:
Last login: Sun Feb 14 12:02:37 on console
/Users/Julian/Desktop/Games/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004\ MAC-/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004.app/System/ut2004-bin ; exit;
imac-van-julian-******:~ Julian$ /Users/Julian/Desktop/Games/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004\ MAC-/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004/Unreal\ Tournament\ 2004.app/System/ut2004-bin ; exit;
2010-05-22 18:54:27.841 ut2004-bin[196:10b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file

History:

Exiting due to error
logout

[Proces voltooid]

Proces voltooid = Process Finished
****** = Last name bleeped
Looks like there are two possible issues, the first one being that NSQuickDrawView is deprecated, and your probably can't do anything about that as that most likely has something to do with OSX.
The second is your ini is missing some section, or may be missing altogether. I'd look around to try and see where that resides, and try and find the proper settings to put into the Engine.Engine.GameEngine section -- Do an install on another computer and copy a fresh install ini if necessary.
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor

Here's what I found on the UT2004.ini Engine.Engine section:

[Engine.Engine]

;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice
AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=XInterface.ExtendedConsole
GUIController=GUI2K4.UT2K4GUIController
StreamPlayer=Engine.StreamInteraction
Language=int
Product=UT2004
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
DefaultGame=XGame.XDeathmatch
DefaultServerGame=XGame.XDeathmatch
DefaultGame=3spnv240.LMS_Game_3SPN

DefaultServerGame=3spnv240.LMS_Game_3SPN
;ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient
ViewportManager=SDLDrv.SDLClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas
DetectedVideoMemory=0
ServerReadsStdin=False
jkammueller
Killer in Training

hey juliakingofnothing. this is user name : SpitFire85 (used on monster mash servers). try my solution found here (look for jkammueller's post): 4/2692. If you cannot fix the problem, let me know all the versions of ut2004 and Mac OS X u r running. If u r running the latest version of ut2004, let me know your original version of ut2004 and your patch update path if any as I have ut2004 working on snow leopard and I am quite sure Leopard would work as well. What I am trying to say is don't nuke your Mac OS X install as everything is working fine. The problem is with UT2004. Also Quartz is hardware acceleration 4 the Mac OS X environment. If u have any questions, feel free to message me or post here. Let's get on those servers and rock 'em! :-)
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor

I'm not sure what the original version was, what map/file is it located?
I downloaded the game from ThePirateBay, but I was running the latest patch when I last played the game.

Do you happen to have teamviewer?
King Mango

I would try renaming my current user and ut2004 inis and then let the game rebuild default ini files. That fixes a lot of startup issues. Then if that works, you can copy/paste all your custom settings back into the repaired ini files.
Best regards,
King Mango
jkammueller
Killer in Training

start by just deleting the folder I mentioned in my earlier post and rerunning ut2004. Once u r back in ut2004, all your settings will be reset to defaults. At that time, u can set all your settings. If u r using a purchased key, u can then connect 2 invasion at this time. If u r using a nonpurchased key, ut2004 will ban your key.
jkammueller
Killer in Training

start by just deleting the folder I mentioned in my earlier post and rerunning ut2004. Once u r back in ut2004, all your settings will be reset to defaults. At that time, u can set all your settings. If u r using a purchased key, u can then connect 2 invasion at this time. If u r using a non purchased key, ut2004 will ban your key.
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

JulianKingOfNothing wrote:I'm not sure what the original version was, what map/file is it located?
I downloaded the game from ThePirateBay, but I was running the latest patch when I last played the game.

Do you happen to have teamviewer?
Warez game copy? That can lead to many more problems other than what you have now.
As for your current problem, what Wail said is what is wrong. I recommend you ask a random person with ut2004 with mac to send you an ini. I believe the ini is the same for a pc user so that may make things easier for you. As for the other error, I believe that can be fixed by deleting and installing those files. If they came with macosx, get a download from a website.
DW_ChocoCake
DW Clan Member

According to the error message you are missing this section in your ut2004.ini file:

Code: Select all

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=32
UseSound=True
VoIPAllowVAD=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb
ServerPackages=GamePlay
ServerPackages=UnrealGame
ServerPackages=XEffects
ServerPackages=XPickups
ServerPackages=XGame
ServerPackages=XWeapons
ServerPackages=XInterface
ServerPackages=Vehicles
ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2003
ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2004
ServerPackages=BonusPack
ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
ServerPackages=UTClassic
ServerPackages=UT2k4Assault
ServerPackages=Onslaught
ServerPackages=GUI2K4
ServerPackages=UT2k4AssaultFull
ServerPackages=OnslaughtFull
ServerPackages=xVoting
UseStaticMeshBatching=True
ColorHighDetailMeshes=False
ColorSlowCollisionMeshes=False
ColorNoCollisionMeshes=False
ColorWorldTextures=False
ColorPlayerAndWeaponTextures=False
ColorInterfaceTextures=False
MainMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4MainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading
DisconnectMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4DisconnectOptionPage
LoadingClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4SP_LadderLoading
SinglePlayerMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4SP_Main
Try putting this below the [Core.System] section. If this doesn't work, try renaming your ut2004.ini to something else, then run the game. If your game isn't totally screwed up it should automatically generate a new ini file using the default settings.