VOTE - Wave Progression

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
pulp
Killer in Training

Azmodan wrote:Nah, if I look at the Tam server's ready/not ready stuff before a match it only holds up the match. (often enough I was waiting for the match to start without realizing that I was still "not ready").
With option 3, all players are assumed to be ready unless they explicitly give a 'not ready' signal. The wave would only be held up if the majority of players explicitly declared that they were not ready.
Azmodan wrote:And majority votes aren't great either. I remember several situations where people just started mapvoting instead of waiting for the 1-2 people who worked hard to survive the wave but sadly they were more then 50%.

This is wave progression voting, not map voting.
Azmodan wrote:I don't see why a wave progression system with votes should work better (next to the fact that no one but you needs it so far).
Just because I'm the only one who has suggested a different system does not mean that other players wouldn't benefit from this system. Give other players time to vote for the system they would prefer.
christmas
1337 Haxor

generally speaking, imo, wave-time should be edited... its too long for early waves (1-4) and very short in the last waves...considering your goal after spawn being to get some weapon and reach a hideout/safehouse.

of course, this can be achieved if you have knowledge of the map... and in all that I have to add the fact that even if you die, so what(?!?!), you get to res in the next wave, and the next after that...

so if i get a vote, i would say to keep it as is.... people who have been on the server some time know how to deal with that, and seem to be just fine by that (wave time = 10 secs). if you are new, you are expected to die more, if you do not know the map, you are expected to die more, if you are not that skilled, you are expected to die more etc, but at some point you will be on the other side, knowing how to get through with the 10sec wave-time...

that reminds me when someone, in the forums, proposed some kind of protection for low-levels(for the Monster Evo server),, so that low levels wouldnt die so easily... :scratch: :scratch: wtf?!?!!?

[offtopic]btw, a similar issue, which is actually an issue, exists on Monster Evolution server, where people get to spawn-killed very often (depending on maps too), especially people who are just connected...and to add to that, in ME you get a total of 3-4 spaws/res at best in a map which lasts 1 hour, while in MM you get 15 res for 1 hour playtime, so do the math.....
yet, no protection time (or spawn in safe-area) of any kind or any other modification took place in ME[/offtopic]
Last edited by christmas on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

christmas wrote:that reminds me when someone, in the forums, proposed some kind of protection for low-levels(for the Monster Evo server),, so that low levels wouldnt die so easily... :scratch: :scratch: wtf?!?!!?

[offtopic]btw, a similar issue, which is actually an issue, exists on Monster Evolution server, where people get to spawn-killed very often (depending on maps too), especially people who are just connected...and to add to that, in ME you get a total of 3-4 spaws/res at best in a map which lasts 1 hour, while in MM you get 15 res for 1 hour playtime, so do the math.....
yet, no protection time (or spawn in safe-area) of any kind or any other modification took place in ME[/offtopic]
Yeah, some people in this world really enjoy to criticize and whine pretty much against anything instead of simply look at the problem, analyze it, find a solution with the actual system in place and try to do better next time, normally resulting in improving your self-estime and give you confidence. When you think about it further, it's exactly what makes the difference between winners and losers... interesting isn't it?
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
DW_Wine_Flu
DW Clan Member

strongly vote #1, but ant's suggestion is ok.
Generic Humorous Forum Sig
AS-Cubes4All > AS-TorlanEvolution > AS-OpportunityKnocks > AS-BP2-AcatanaEvolution
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW_Ant wrote:I vote for 15 second wave intervals for every wave, and players are resurrected and the announcement begins at the 13 second counter.

Since that seems to be a happy medium between 30 seconds (too long in early waves) and 10 seconds (too short in later waves).
I just want to announce that this is exactly how Invasion currently works :D

We always had 15 second wave intervals!
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW_Ant wrote:
DW_Ant wrote:I vote for 15 second wave intervals for every wave, and players are resurrected and the announcement begins at the 13 second counter.

Since that seems to be a happy medium between 30 seconds (too long in early waves) and 10 seconds (too short in later waves).
I just want to announce that this is exactly how Invasion currently works :D

We always had 15 second wave intervals!
you always give it away too soon
Generic Humorous Forum Sig
AS-Cubes4All > AS-TorlanEvolution > AS-OpportunityKnocks > AS-BP2-AcatanaEvolution