Tam tips.

Forum for Death Warrant's TAM server
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Bind your weapons, this is crucial in a fight.

Know the ability and limitations of your weapons. (Souce: Wikipedia)
Hit Scans - These weapons require no lead

* Shock Rifle
* Primary Damage: 45 per hit
* Secondary Damage: Ranges from 5 to 45 damage, depending on proximity
* Shock Combo Damage: Up to a theoretical max of 201 damage, mostly beneath
150, depending on proximity

* Lightning Gun
* Primary Damage: 70 per hit / Headshot: 140 (double of its normal damage)
* Secondary Damage: N/A (zooms)

* Minigun (Note: Has spread)
* Primary Damage: 7-8 per bullet
* Secondary Damage: ~14 per bullet

Projectile based ( Lead is required becuse of velocity)

* Assault Rifle (Nades make this very important weapon in TAM)
* Primary Damage: 7 per bullet
* Secondary Damage: 68-69 per grenade

* Bio Rifle
* Primary Damage: 19 per (direct) hit
* Secondary Damage: 19 per second charged, up to 210 on max load.

* Link Gun
* Primary Damage: 30 per cell
* Secondary Damage: ~9 per cell

* Flak Cannon
* Primary Damage: 13 per (buckshot) particle, total of 9 particles x 13 = 117 dg max
* Secondary Damage: 76-164 (highly random), if the flakball explodes, its shrapnel
does 13 damage, like the primary fire ricochet. It also does splash damage, like the
rockets of the Rocket Launcher. Splash damage depends on proximity unless you
full hit your opponent with a full flakball.

* Rocket Launcher
* Primary Damage: 80-88 (direct hit) or splash damage, depending on its proximity.
* Secondary Damage: Multiplied by 2 or 3 (rockets) + additional splash damage of
each rocket, depending on its proximity.
For example: If you charge 3 rockets, and you manage to hit someone with 1 full
rocket, the other 2 rockets will do splash damage. But if you hit your opponent with 2
rockets, of the charged 3 rockets, the third rocket will do the splash damage.

Edit: Removed the legshot entry for the lightning, thanks wailofsuicide.
Last edited by DW_Hornet on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Important things to point out.

Anyone running around with a flameing head means they were just headshoted. This usually means they are very low on health ( >65 health) and should be your cue to take out your mini and kill him.

Double dodgeing and going from side to side, is better then going foward in a straight line. Either if you are jumping or walking you have become shock bait.

Minigun as shown is most appropiate when finishing someone off.

Flak cannon is best in enclosed areas. The reason is unless you shoot the wall so it bounces back at you, your fine. Rockets will damage you if you hit anything up close.

Try to use the map to your advantage. Its easier to kill someone below you, then above.

Be covert, Certain areas of the map make noise. Moving in paticular ways makes noise too. Fireing a weapon is a dead giveaway, therefore should be done only when needed.

A full bio rifle will take out a person completely regardless of health, if hit directly. Even if not, the field around them will make sure they are heavily damaged.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Adrenaline Combos
Speed (Makes you run fast): Forward , Forward , Forward , Forward
Booster (Health Regen) : Back , Back , Back , Back
Invisible (Cloak) : Right , Right , Left , Left
Berserk (Increases rate of fire) : Forward , Forward , Back , Back
Radar* (shows player location through obstacles): Back, Back, Foward, Foward
Ammo Regen* (regeneration of ammo): Left, Left, Right, Right

* = Only available in TAM Version 3.
Namu
1337 Haxor

DW_Hornet wrote:Bind your weapons, this is crucial in a fight.

If you are far away from an enemy or vehical you will always have to lead. Regardless of ping or lag.
Namu
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Namu wrote:
DW_Hornet wrote:Bind your weapons, this is crucial in a fight.

If you are far away from an enemy or vehical you will always have to lead. Regardless of ping or lag.
The diffrence between public ons hitscans and others relatively minor. Reg ons checks for where you shot at the time the server recieved it (50-100ms late). Others (Tam, UT comp) check where you shot, and compare it what was actaully their when you shot it. Therefore a hit may register abit late, but atleast it does. Vehicles are a diffrent ball game, in 50 to 100 ms they move a crap load more then a player. So you have to lead more to compenstate for lag to the server, and the rapid speed of the vehicle.

There is a slight (few ms) delay from when you push the fire on the lightning to when it fires. This is not connection lag, this is done by the game on purpose.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Wow! Too cool, Hornet! :cheers:

Ask for a couple of tips and get a whole study course! Excellent! And many thanks!!!!

Already learned your first point...the hard way! Reeaalllly looking forward to my new mouse!

KKat

Deduction: Hornet never sleeps therefore he must be an android and that explains the serious butt kicking he does in TAM! ;)
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

DW_Hornet wrote:Bind your weapons, this is crucial in a fight.[/b etc...]

Some notes: Lightning Gun is 70 for any shot, even a "leg shot."

BioRifle is 21 per glob. 10x21 = 210.

Flak Shards reduce in damage the longer they have been in flight. Starting from 13 damage per shard, they lose 5 damage per second (min 5).

According to the flakshell class, the secondary does 90 on a direct hit. I've been looking at this class recently and it seems that the secondary projectiles (flakchunks) will not spawn on a direct hit. A flak shell produces 6 flak chunks at 13 damage each. In theory, hitting the ground underneath your target maximizes your damage at roughly 90 + 78.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Possilbly but what are the odds someone is going to land on a flak ball perfectly. Yea the legshot with the LG didnt sound right, but like i said its a regurge from wikipedia.
AJAXX
Camper

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I've begun to enjoy TAM as a nice alternative to ONS, even though I always get my butt kicked. :cheers:
KarmaKat wrote:AJAXX = SVA Papparazzi!!! LOL!! Nice job!
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Deduction: Hornet never sleeps therefore he must be an android and that explains the serious butt kicking he does in TAM! ;)
Tell me about it. Of course, I could kill him. Kill ratio was about 1 of him to every 3 or 4 of me, but at least I was killing him. Unlike SOME OTHER people, who's names shall not be mentioned. *snee-ajaxx&kae&bryan-eeeze* lol jk you guys are great.