Tam tips.

Forum for Death Warrant's TAM server
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

sounds like a bad cold you have there zax might wanna get that checked out.
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

*sneezes violently* Ya thanks kae. :blackeye: Anyway, Hornet may have told you what damage the weapons do, but I'm gonna give you some strategies after myself just playing like 3 games of TAM ever. This should be good... :colors:

KNOW WHEN TO USE YOUR GUNS WHEN
You notice how I said WHEN twice? THAT'S CUZ IT'S IMPORTANT!!!1 You really have 2 good long range guns, the shock rifle and lightning gun. Medium range is the minigun, biorifle, link gun primary fire, and biorifle. Yes, I said biorifle twice. Why? CUZ IT'S IMPORTANT. More of that later. Short range is flak cannon, rocket launcher, and link gun alt fire and shield gun. If you should run out of ammo, you have bad aim and good luck.

Now, why the biorifle is important. Cuz, when used properly, you can kill someone with one hit. That's right, fully charged, the biorifle is a one-hit one-kill gun. The best way to use it is to take it out first, fully charge it, and run around. You may turn the corner and there they are. Trust your instincts, let go of the alt and you'll more than likely hit. Did that to Hornet the other night :cheers: . You only have 2 shots though, as I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE using the primary fire on the biorifle.

The rocket launcher is also important. Same as the link gun, fully charging with a spin (holding down the alt to charge 3 rockets and pressing primary before firing) is a one-hit one-kill gun also. Same as the biorifle, never use the primary. Start charging when you see someone and you know you can make the hit. And one small think about the rocket launcher, is that if you hold the crosshair over them for the entire duration of loading 3 rockets, or close enough, you see 4 red dots. That means that a lock has been acquired and they're no long dumb-fire missles. They home in on the target, which means unless they turn a corner or do some fancy dodging, you're gonna hit them.

Most other weapons are self-explanoatroy, but remember. One purpose of TAM is to know what guns ya got and to keep track of your ammo. Also, it's to learn how to use guns you may not use regularly better. Save your flak cannon (if it's what you use good) for the guy you KNOW is gonna be hard to beat (I tried saving my flak for Hornet) and use a gun like the biorifle on a guy you know isn't as hard. Like Kae. LOL JK JK, take no offence kae. Your really good, you just put yourself down too much.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Well your location relative to the other player is what should tell you what weapons to use. Also your health situation maybe a factor. Almost all projectile weapons should be used close range unless your 'spamming' a choke point. Mini like i said isnt a strong weapon and shouldnt be used until you think player is <60 health. Shock is the best all around weapon cheifly becuase of combos. Lightning is usually a longer distance weapon, and the ability for a headshot makes it a nice start off choice for long range combat. Anything short distance goo is nice for opening shot in the fray.

Moveing around and makeing yourself less likely to be hit is more important then sheer accuracy.
CaLpHaBeT

Omfg... there is radar in V3.... with the adren combos... shit never knew that one ><

Also Tip

- the Alt - Flak fire can do alot more damage to the opponent when they jump/dodge
- Shield jumping: can be helpful if you know how to do it right, but the down side is it takes too much from the hp.
- wall dodging- jump into the wall then jump out, its helpfull when your fighting more then one person and need some room for an attack
{Carnage}
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Yea there is radar. Also if you get a camper warning every enemy will see the bullseye on you. Not sure if this gayness is off when the combo itself is gone.

Imo this is the best team combo, it almost makes sure your going to win if they know the map.
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Weird.. I tried using combos and they didn't work. Anyway, I'd think booster would be the best if you're low on health (as your prolly gonna be) and you need a quick up for that final kill.
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

Lol thanks zax.... (gunna remember this for next TAM session lol zax = dead meat)

Its not my fault my CHAAAARRRGEEE method (learned from monty pithon) doesnt work in TAM. In ONS it works pretty well especialy on dreamus.

Ok wish I hadent mentioned monty pithon now im sat at work laughing thinking about sir lancalot attacking a castle wall with his sword lol. EVERY ONES STARING AT ME !!!

Ok back to TAM, I think ive got a lot to learn with this one. Weapons wise I think the shock rifle will always be my weapon of choice and I can only get better with it (def cant get any worse) Keeps the enemy back at a distance and stops them coming in with nasty bio rifles lol
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Well you guys need to turn your sound on i guess. Bio rifle when you fill it up makes a distinct noise. You just have to do your best to put yourself in a position where it cant be used on you (wide open area). Or if you know where he is try to corner him and do a shock combo.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

kaeolian wrote:
Its not my fault my CHAAAARRRGEEE method (learned from monty pithon) doesnt work in TAM. In ONS it works pretty well especialy on dreamus.

Ok wish I hadent mentioned monty pithon now im sat at work laughing thinking about sir lancalot attacking a castle wall with his sword lol. EVERY ONES STARING AT ME !!!
LOL!! Crazy Kae...they're gonna come and take you away! :drunken:

Ahh..but I think the Python phrase most appropo for TAM is....
"Run Away!! Run Away!! Run Away!!"

That is...until you can find a good spot to double back on your opponent! :flower:

KKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Da, charge never works. Unless you have over-whelming force. Which in most cases, you don't. What I do, is I wonder aimlessly. Then stumble upon my enemy, yet happen to stumble across their blind spot, AKA, right behind them. Then I shoot them.