DM-Abbey on TAM

Forum for Death Warrant's TAM server
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Hi Toxic,

I think it has been mentioned before, but the map DM-Abbey on the Infamous Arena has issues downloading. It looks like the DesMoinesT (textures?) component is not properly indirected (at least as of Saturday). As you can imagine, downloading nearly 7MB at ~1kBps takes quite a while. :sleepy2:

Snaggle.
KarnEvil9
1337 Haxor

Hey Snaggle, try this,... http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=1759 it's the map file and after I put it in maps it worked fine. Nice map, but it is a bit big for just a couple of players,the cavern is fun as well. CYA KE
Big Fun,..Unreal,..Spam Viking Addicted?..BigTime!!
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

KarnEvil9 wrote:Hey Snaggle, try this,... http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=1759 it's the map file and after I put it in maps it worked fine. Nice map, but it is a bit big for just a couple of players,the cavern is fun as well. CYA KE
Thanks Karn. I'm surprised that works *as is* since it's a UT99/GOTY map package. It's worth a try, I guess. Or I could just pick up the DesMoinesT texture file from the gameservers.net redirect server.

BTW, Toxic, which redirect service do you use? Or do you roll your own? :hippy2:

Snaggle.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

OK, I put it on the redirect. I recently changed it and missed some files.

I also added the maps to the download section.

I roll my own :cyclopsani:

Rich (TW)
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Cool! thx toxic.

Snaggle.
KarnEvil9
1337 Haxor

I'm gonna pull out my nOObie again,...I do have a question and not sure where to post so lemme ask you,....is there an advantage to TAM 2.75 over TAM 3.0? I use 3.0 with no problems that I know of, but the version in the downloads is 2.75. Just don't wanna version mismatch problem. Thanks KE
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

KE, on Sunday when we were playing and you voted for Abbey and I didn't make it, that's why. Textures took too long to load.
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Hey karn,
KarnEvil9 wrote:I'm gonna pull out my nOObie again,...I do have a question and not sure where to post so lemme ask you,....is there an advantage to TAM 2.75 over TAM 3.0? I use 3.0 with no problems that I know of, but the version in the downloads is 2.75. Just don't wanna version mismatch problem. Thanks KE
None that I can think of. The main reason for running 3.0 is to take advantage of the new features like the status screens, team adren combo's, et al. I know that the DW TAM server started out with v3.0 but Toxic appears to have reverted to v2.x. I know there was a server-side exploit a little while ago, but it was fixed fairly quickly. He may also have gone back as the mojority of TAM servers out there are still at v2.x. Only he can tell us why.

Either way, TAM is fun. Don't worry about which version you have, the server & client will figure out which one to use and get you into the game. The only mismatch you will have is tryng to use a team combo in the older version. But that's a PEBKAC issue not software. :drunken:

Snaggle.
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Zax_Gentoo_Box wrote:KE, on Sunday when we were playing and you voted for Abbey and I didn't make it, that's why. Textures took too long to load.
Yep. Nothing kills server attendance faster than a 15 min d/l. :blackeye:

More importantly, we need to report these issues when we encounter them so that Toxic & crew can make any necessary changes.

Was good to see you on the servers Zax. Hope you get TeamSpeak installed soon so you can join us on TS too.

Snaggle.
KarnEvil9
1337 Haxor

Cool,..TNX for the info. TAM is just wild! Too much fun! Thanks again Snaggle! KE