Tam Tournament?

Forum for Death Warrant's TAM server
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Toxic, Bigred, KK, can you guys be on tonight to practice our TAM?
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

New Teams:

Team 1
Hornet
Throd
Bean
Cams

Team 2
Achilles
Bittr
Snaggle
Kae

Team 3
BigRed
Toxic
Zax
KK

Team 4
Damnidge
Sweaters
Trigga
Zeus

Team 5
Bomzin
Namu
Wail
ACY

Team 6
K
Alpha
Oblivion
Karn

Weasel, sorry you'll have to sit this one out. We have equal DW and SVA and to add one more person would require getting two more DW and 1 more SVA. Don;t worry, I think we'll do this again and if it's a lot of fun, we might be able to expand it to 16 per.

Here's the deal:

First, I suggest each team nominate a captain. Any official communications should be funneled through them. The captain should be able to gather feedback from their team regarding availability and communicate with the other team's captains. If I need to make official communications to all the teams, I will talk to the captains only to make things easier. If you want to name your team, feel free.

In the first level of play, each team will play each other once. The four teams with the top records will move up into the next round. If there are two teams tied for that last spot, they will play a head to head match for the final spot.

The second level will consist of the four teams playing each other once. The two teams with the best records will play for the championship.

Demos are recorded server side and can be published if you would like.

Combos ARE enabled and you get 21 adrenaline per kill.

Challenge mode is enabled (means less health and armor if you are in the lead)

It's up to each team to work out schedules with each other via PM and email.

I would suggest we try to get one "round" done per week (Saturday through Friday). For next week, let's do 1vs2, 3vs4, 5vs6 and see how it goes. To ensure we don't step on each other's toes, I will start a new thread per week which has sceduled times for matches for that week. When you schedule a match, please post it there. This way we won't have the server double booked and if you decide spectating is ok, we can plan to spec if we want to. For "official" threads (such as match scheduling), please limit posting to captains only

I have password protected Infamous arena. The password is tamtourny.

Each match will be best of three maps. The three maps for this first level of play in this order:

Campgrounds
Grendelkeep
Rankin (if necessary)

3 minutes per round, so an entire match if it went all three maps shouldn't be more than about 1.5 hours. If you think this is too much, LMK.

I have made it so the tam server holds 32 specs. I will leave it up to the teams to decide if they want matches speced or not. It's a pretty informal thing we're doing, so I don't see much harm in it. I expect all people spectating to be honorable and not try to help people in game, and not type things into the console. It can be distracting to the players. Up to you, LMK.

I'm giving everyone until Friday for feedback and questions. On Friday @ 10pm EST, the rules will be finalized, and matches will begin. By Friday, captains should be nominated as well.

I have an old vent server that I've been meaning to cancel that we can use for this. It's 50 slots. I will make three rooms, one each for the teams, and one for the spectators (if you allow it). I will pm the information to the captains once they have been decided.

Happy Hunting!

Rich (TW)
Cams
Camper

Sounds perfect to me. :bounce:

Hornet, would you lead us thru the dark paths of TAMing? (nomination)
Cams.
Former NARC Crew.

Brabham Driver fo Life!
KarnEvil9
1337 Haxor

aLpHa has my vote!
Big Fun,..Unreal,..Spam Viking Addicted?..BigTime!!
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

On second thought, to make this easier, I will just ppoint the first DW in the list on each team the coordinator. I will contact them separately and let them know what needs to be done.

If you would like to nominate a captain for your team, go right ahead.

Rich (TW)
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

On third thought, let's give people a little more time to get ready. We'll start October 14th.

Rich (TW)
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Hmm.. set my ego aside and nominate Toxic as cap'n? Or keep my ego and nominate myself cap'n? Umm... I don't really care. Sure, Toxic you can be cap'n.
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

Iv only ever played TAM with snaggle from our team so its up to you guys to decide who should be our captin. As for a team name im working on it if i get bored at work i might even draw us a team logo =P
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

kaeolian
1337 Haxor

ooooohh oooooohh oooooooooohh just thought can we be the A-team ?
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Team name: HARDWARE. It's an inside-joke from school, it's a carefully thought out acronym that means Hairy Adults Really Don't Want Angry Radioactive Elephants. That's our team name no matter what AND YOU BETTER LIKE IT.