Strafe forward from the wall?

Forum for Death Warrant's TAM server
DW_damn_weasel
1337 Haxor

Ok, I got this training map and stuff (Sent by KK, I know is here in the forum somewhere), where you can practice the combo shots with the shock rifle and learn how to jump against the wall and all that stuff…well, let me tell you, I saw the demo that it’s available in the Community option in the main menu and I got no idea how tha hell does he jump like that. I know how to jump from the wall to the other side, but somehow he manage to jump into the wall and then like a double strafe forward? :pale:
The way I do is: I jump into the wall (space bar), then when I hit the wall I do a double strafe (left, left/right, right) but I jump away from the wall, not forward. :scratch:
Does that make sense? I don’t know if I’m explaining myself. :confused1:
Any of you have any idea what I’m talking about? If so, could you please give some instructions on how to do it? :idea:
The things you own end up owning you.
DW>Damn_Weasel
Oblivion
Killer in Training

you mean the wall dogde jump?
just jump to the wall and bounce off right when you bounce hold the forward button and add another jump to get to your target
it gonna hurt your finger if you not used to it
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

The important thing is vectors. high school physics. As you do the dodge (double strafe in your terms) angle yourself so that the dodge is at a 30-45 degree towards the wall. This will add your new sideways moemntum to your existing forward momentum to give you a net increase in the 'forwards' direction. Essentially, you will be giving yourself a kick 'along' the wall.

This also applies in normal running. that's why you'll see some players (myself included) doing a strange turn followed immediately by a dodge-jump. This increases you forward momentum by about 15% and is really good for beating people to vehicles & power-ups. (Maniacal laughter here.).

Mebbe a diagram will help: (time passes)
Image It takes a little practice to do well, but it's really worth it.

Hope that helps a little.

Snaggle.
DW_damn_weasel
1337 Haxor

Thanks Snaggle, I was doing it last night and I get your point and yes it requires practice lol...
:cheers:
DW>Damn_Weasel
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

I never wall jump, prolly one of my weaknesses there.. I also don't get those things in Rankin where you go to hte thing, and jump and you go straight up, I did it right once but I don't know what I did..
Glock9

Fukin_Weasel wrote:Ok, I got this training map and stuff where you can practice the combo shots with the shock rifle and learn how to jump against the wall and all that stuff

Can someone provide a link so I can download tha map too?

That map sounds cool.
DW_damn_weasel
1337 Haxor

Glock9 wrote:
Fukin_Weasel wrote:Ok, I got this training map and stuff where you can practice the combo shots with the shock rifle and learn how to jump against the wall and all that stuff

Can someone provide a link so I can download tha map too?

That map sounds cool.
Here you go Glock9
http://ut2003.lambik.com/ut2004/DM-FnG- ... rounds.zip
If you can do what the demo do, let me know how.
DW>Damn_Weasel
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Hey Weasel,
Fukin_Weasel wrote:If you can do what the demo do, let me know how.
Which part are you having trouble with? If you want to get on vent some time I can talk you thru it. The best thing to do is practice the individual skills on their own and then combine them.

Snaggle.
DW_damn_weasel
1337 Haxor

Snaggle wrote:Hey Weasel,
Fukin_Weasel wrote:If you can do what the demo do, let me know how.
Which part are you having trouble with? If you want to get on vent some time I can talk you thru it. The best thing to do is practice the individual skills on their own and then combine them.

Snaggle.
DW or SVA vent?
I know it's practice and stuff but I just need to know excatly what to do and then I'll practive from there.
Thxs so much sanggle.
DW>Damn_Weasel
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Fukin_Weasel wrote:DW or SVA vent?
I know it's practice and stuff but I just need to know excatly what to do and then I'll practive from there.
Definitely SVA vent (KK's server). Wednesday's visit to DW's vent was a special one-time event.

What's a good time? I can also get us onto a quiet private DM/TAM server if needs be.

Let me know.

Snaggle.