Tam last night

Forum for Death Warrant's TAM server
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Big thanks to everyone that showed up last night . We had some good games with pretty even teams it looked like .

We only got 2 rounds in each . Hornet and K's team didn't get to finish the last Tie Breaker map . Stand 1-1 . Finish it if you want . GL.

If you want to do this again , from the sounds of it last night , let me know . We will try to keep same teams , sub where needed , won't take as long to figure them out .

My only concern is the buzy season coming up with all the holidays , maybe we could squeaze another night in . Maybe the weekend of Dec 2?

Would this be better on a Friday or a Sunday?

Tally for last night .
Round 1
Hornet vs. Red . Went all 3 games Red came out on top
K vs. Damnidge . Went all 3 maps Damnidge came out on top .

Round 2
Red vs Damnidge , cams had to leave , I sub, Toxic Sub other team , Damnidge cam out on top
Hornet vs K tally stands 1-1 games unfinished. :blackeye:
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Congrats to one and all! :cheers:

I logged into the Vent server control panel and was happy to see a very good turnout! Bomzin...I'm gonna have to hand over my organization crown to you! :) Excellent!

Still going to be in Indiana (and away from UT!) for the next official DW vs. SVA scrim on Dec. 2nd and for the Tam'o'rama if you decide on that weekend, but please do use the SVA Ventrilo server!! Snaggle and Bryan_of_Oybro have admin rights..and I trust 'em to keep the riffraff out..or in...depending on your point of view! LOL!!

Wish I could do more from this end....hoping like crazy you guys won't be burned out on TAM by the time I get back! :blackeye:

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Winter break, baby, winter break. I get 2-3 weeks off of school, and a better chance of being on. Hopefully I'll be able to come on and make up for not being at the scrim/Tam.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin

OK if thats the next scrim date for DW >SVA that won't work for TAM <my bad> I'm open for suggestion. Maybe January ?

KKAT < thanks , we were getting on TS and some couldn't connect for whatever reason . Half the crowd was already there , Snaggle was kind enough to create a few extra rooms .
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

DW_Bomzin wrote:OK if thats the next scrim date for DW >SVA that won't work for TAM <my bad> I'm open for suggestion. Maybe January ?

KKAT < thanks , we were getting on TS and some couldn't connect for whatever reason . Half the crowd was already there , Snaggle was kind enough to create a few extra rooms .
<No! Bomzin goooood!!> ;)

January?! Gee...I might have re-learned how to play by then! :cheers:

Most welcome! Good to see traffic on the Vent server.

And Snaggle...many thanks for putting on the admin hat! :D

KKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

I just wanted to say I thought TAM was great even though I played the worst I think I've ever played that night. KK the vent server was an awesome experience. I never had so much fun being able to talk with so many interesting people. DW's and SVA's thanks for making this community a great mature experience, for me.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

I just realized this thread was here - I need to read the forums more.

Anyway, I really loved this tournament. Partially because my team won it all (*cough* yes!!! *cough*), but I learned a lot as well. First, I learned that complaining is not only annoying, it is downright harmful. At one point when I couldn't control myself any longer and had to say something about the lag, someone said it best when they said - "this ain't over. stop talking and focus on killin'" Well, I really did, and so did everyone else, and then we came back from an 8-6 deficit to win 10-9. Since this night, I have made a sincere effort to channel the rage I get when I get pwned (with or without a good excuse) to the next round. I focus on how I lost, and I use it against my opponents; very good stuff.

The last thing I learned is teamwork will always over power raw skill. Basically, all the teams started to work together to trap others, gang up on single opponents, etc. Keeping a dialog and attacking in teams is key IMO.

Finally, I want to add that in the future, I think a requirement of the TAM pick-up tournament be that you have a mic, or at least sound. Last time we played we had a player who was not only without a mic, but had to keep the sound off. This affected him when someone snuck up on him, and simply did not allow us to communicate with him on where others were, etc. Not a big deal I know, but it was enough of a deal for it to make an impact, and for me to have to bitch about it and annoy my teammates. :laughing7:

I cannot wait for the next one - we need to do a holiday tam tournament - maybe on the 17th? (i have a party on the 16th =)
Cheers, Damnidge
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin

Sounds good to me if you want to take the bull by the horns , post organize and try to keep it going , the dates are bad and Dec is looking very buzy , had you signed up for the ONS mixer you would have something to do that night , but alas your missing out sign ups are over with .

Was thinking about running with it again in January .
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

I can't play on Monday the 18th, otherwise it may have been fun. That is finals week for me, and I will have a ton of stuff to grade. I wouldn't mind killing in TAM Sunday night though.

I';ll look at days, and then post a night for anyone to show and go from there.

8====D ~0 ~0 ~0 = :flower:
Cheers, Damnidge
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

With posts like that im surprised you're allowed to be a teacher. Maybe we can get you up in some sort of position at your local church. Many fine young lads to draw male sexual organs in ASCII.