UnrealEd Popup Actor List

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I recently added some entries into my unrealed.ini so some of the more common actors I use in a level are available with a simple right click. Here's the section now:

[PopupActorList]
Item0=Path Node,PATHNODE
Item1=Player Start,PLAYERSTART
Item2=Emitter,EMITTER
Item3=Weapon Base,NEWWEAPONBASE
Item4=Weapon Locker,WEAPONLOCKER
Item5=Health Charger,NEWHEALTHCHARGER
Item6=Health Vial,MINIHEALTHPACK
Item7=Teleporter,TELEPORTER
Item8=Jump Pad,UTJUMPPAD

I was thinking it might be useful to have some kind of special conditional access to some of the more commonly used things based on the type of level.

For DM ->
Adrenaline, Shield, Ammo

Assault ->
Triggers (ScriptedTriggers), Special Pathnodes

ONS ->
ONSNodes/Cores, ONSVehicleFactories, ONS Road/Flying Pathnodes

I don't really know if this is possible, but if anyone's got any ideas feel free to volunteer. RIght now I'm thinking maybe it's possible to do this using flags and pointing to different editor .inis, but then you'd need a bunch of different shortcuts. That's about as feasible as it gets I suppose.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I'm not getting any luck here.

I searched the web, and searched through source code (can't even find matching properties from the ini).

I made a copy of UnrealEd.exe and renamed it and renamed a copy of the ini matching the UnrealEd's new name in the hopes I could get something different. No luck.

I tried copying all .dll files, UnrealEd.exe, .ini, and .u files into a new directory. I'll get crashes.

I haven't tried recopying my whole system folder into a new directory since I got class in ten minutes. Perhaps you could try that, or if that fails, there's always a new install option. If your computer has enough memory, you could run a new install over night.

I'm not saying it's impossible; I'm just saying that I haven't figured it out other than having several copies of UT.
I did figure out how to change default directories for the UnrealEd so you don't have to copy your custom content from your last install.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466