Test your knowledge of UED DW?

Mapmaking? Modeling? Discuss all that stuff that's too complicated for most mere mortals here.
vinc3h
Camper

Who has a higher understanding of UED, and can tell me, why is there a difference in shadow quality in the below image? All the surfaces showing in that image have a lightmap of 4.0, are made of BSP, and are both additive brushes..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4487023/Images/Untitled-1.jpg

Oh, and im not encountering this problem, i just want to see who can give me the correct answer haha
3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Level Designer
Habulin
Camper

I will be honest. My level of knowledge of the UED is = 0*7. I would guess that there is a hole in the ground :P? I can' wait for the answers :D.

Btw, I have actually no clue if the thing that you are asking is the thing that you mean :_D!
LP Habulin
vinc3h
Camper

Naw, this is the Lighting view mode, your seeing the light mapping of each surface, no holes, just a flat floor with 2 blocks sitting on top of it.

Answer: Varying light map resolutions between the different surfaces
vinc3h
Camper

Actually, i lied. Its not varying resolutions of the lightmap. The lightmap is one resolution. The surfaces however, are of a small, and very, very, very much larger size. Hence, the appearance of differing qualities (since they are essentially stretched onto the larger surface from a smaller size..