DM-Cidande, Chavez's first attempt

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Chavez
Pro but Noob

DW_Hornet wrote:
Chavez wrote:
WailofSuicide wrote:but you've got a sort of consistent theme going on nonetheless--

Could you explain what this means?
It's actually a compliment, It means you aren't just throwing content into a map and doing w/e, your actually thinking things out. This makes it easier to get a sense of being in a different envoirment. A map for example that has no consistent theme is ONS-Gordons box of pwnage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme
LOL, i never played ONS-Gordons box of pwnage, but by it's name i can tell it was weird? ^_>

Anyways, i know what a theme is, but now i know exactly what you meant by it.

Thanks for the feedback all! I'll fix this one and get it online when possible! First i'll get some examples and ideas on how to fix the lacking things.
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Chavez if you get on Vent you might be able to find one of our community mappers there and they could direct you towards some great examples and some feedback in real time. Just drop them a pm and ask to meet their are plenty of private rooms mappers can seclude themselves into and discuss the next killing field of Monster Mash.

Just thought I throw that out at you :cheers:

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
d2frob
1337 Haxor

Just checked it out. Don't change it. Put it on the server now! Yay adren masters!
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

Congrats on your first map. You should take some screenshots and post them in this thread.
Desko
1337 Haxor

Whippersnapper, you can view it by clicking on the link and choosing Unreal Tournament as the program to open it with.
When submersed in a liquid, creatures with lungs are typically unable to breathe.
Chavez
Pro but Noob

K, now i added a few TL boxes on the ceiling in the main room, now the lights come out of there.

What should i change more? Bigger? What should i make bigger, in what way?
Desko
1337 Haxor

Well, imagine the amount of monsters that go unchecked on wave 14 and 15, the map would be absolutely crammed with Titans and Queens, so maybe just expand it a bit. And raise da roof too, I don't think Luci will fit :cheers:
When submersed in a liquid, creatures with lungs are typically unable to breathe.
Chavez
Pro but Noob

Desko wrote:Well, imagine the amount of monsters that go unchecked on wave 14 and 15, the map would be absolutely crammed with Titans and Queens, so maybe just expand it a bit. And raise da roof too, I don't think Luci will fit :cheers:
Noo-hooo T_T, i just attached the lights to the ceiling now i have to do that again T_T. Anyways, what means of expansion you had in mind? More rooms? More hallways?
Desko
1337 Haxor

No idea, I'm no pro mapmaker, just a map player :colors:

You should get on Ventrilo, we may have some ideas.
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Don't be fooled... They have LOTS of ideas. Run. Ruuuuuuuun........

J/K. :blackeye:

Vent is ideal for this sort of thing. There are some amazing mapping talents on there. You would do well to get to know them and soak-up their advice.

Snaggle.