Weapon Limitation Volume

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
40_Shards
1337 Haxor

Thought it was time to round things off...

Firstly, this has a far larger scope than I first realised. It looked a lot simpler in the UEd window. :P

Maybe when I'm a more experienced mapper, I can actually code, and it has the potential to work very well with a map I'm making, I may try it in some form. If the map's a failure it'll be very simple to just remove the volume. In the mean time, it's probably best if you don't use it - Cheap has a good point. It doesn't mean you can't try it though, even if it's only offline. Shards.
I love the smell of UnrealEd crashing in the morning.
DW_Cheapshot
DW Clan Member

I dont believe that super, Its the gun of choice for pwning lucy.
Its the basic powerup weapon for new players. You should hear the complaints we get about missing guns. I do accept it should be for all rather that a group of peeps. Another map that will be fixed as time permits is
blueprint, NO shock. This was only an slip not having the gun there. I think its 1 of the main reasons it doesnt get played more than it does. Its a great map. Besides it tough to win.
superchav
1337 Haxor

Well i been doing some basic scripting for a volume which limits the amount of players who can use one weapon at 1 time in certain areas which i will be trying in my next map, its to try and stop 50 people spamming minelayer constantly, so say 5 people can use it at 1 time, if one switches to shock, another player may use minelayer etc, it works very well testing myself but will have to see how it goes online with many players.
ImageImage
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

That might cause confusion. They might ask, "why can't I use the mine layer when they can?"

You should post a sign or something to inform them.

Another potential problem is conflicts between the players. Players might argue who gets to use mines & who gets to link up. I dunno Chavez, I don't think it'll go so well :(
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

It may also help teamwork and layoff some of teh spam, it will only be for certain areas, so they cant spam a certain area with mines etc.
ImageImage
40_Shards
1337 Haxor

superchav wrote:It may also help teamwork and layoff some of teh spam, it will only be for certain areas, so they cant spam a certain area with mines etc.
Hmm... i was going to say you could completely stop mines in particularly spammy areas... depends entirely on your map though. If you did something like this then people would be free to use it in more risky locations, instead of the (TrainStation-style) hold-the-mouse-button-down-for-an-hour style gameplay, hopefully balancing risk and reward. Still depends on your map though.
superchav
1337 Haxor

Ya thats exactly what i meant, for maps such as train station, so you dont have 20 people lined up throwing mines outa the window :D
ImageImage
DW_Cheapshot
DW Clan Member

Consider the map. How can you compare train station to anything. pray tell me what a player under level 75 or so is going to do but pitch mines on this map. You would do the same dont deny it.
You pitch mines or die. period. If someone stands on top and does anything else he will be shouted down for attracting fire. Most peeps wouldnt play this map without mines, of that I am sure. It would be like ackbal everyone but the highest players dead by wave ten. Remember the players needs also not just the cuteness of the map. No players no game.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

superchav wrote:Ya thats exactly what i meant, for maps such as train station, so you dont have 20 people lined up throwing mines outa the window :D
That's the only valid strategy on the map for the majority of players.

I don't think it's a good idea to try and take that away. I think the proper response is to (a) remove the map or (b) improve it.
40_Shards
1337 Haxor

Yes, it'd be nice if someone modified it... it's (IMO) probably the most boring map on the server :sleepy1: