Time for one round?

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

I think there was an original argument that people had to take time to dl the maps so they would get in late etc. and the games would be lopsided. Since new maps are few and far between I dont think this is any issue any more. That was from my first post.

As far as one round I notice that alot of people just log out if a map comes back when the server is not very full and then we have a team balance issue the rest of the second round. I find myself team switching sometimes 2-3 times to keep things balanced.

Only comprimise I could think of is one round but a chance to revote that map back? dont know if thats possible without being coded. This would be only on maps that a 2 round is flagged. So like Cpt. gordons could not be revoted back but something like Dreamus could be after one round.

I played a 3 rounder on bitchslap yesterday and it is getting to be alot for me and alot of players just log. The third round was very lopsided and red team agruing with Goose about the blue default wins for the last minute or two of play.

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

I certainly agree about Torlan, I've already suggested that the prime nodes should have a shorter build time. I had a good match on Bslap recently, but +1 anyway.

Oh and HouseXmas anyone?
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

40 Shards wrote: Oh and HouseXmas anyone?

Based on the server emptying out every time and the pointlessness of trying to build the center, I'd say +17.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I nominate all Tank me ups to one rounders.

I think yall already know why.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: 40shards

D2Boss wrote:I nominate all Tank me ups to one rounders.

I think yall already know why.
I disagree, as IMO the main reason for making a map a one-rounder is if the map constantly runs into overtime, which the maps here do most of the time. The TMUs are certainly overplayed - I swear there was an unofficial TankMeUp day on SV not too long ago - but they should have a longer wait time before you can revote them instead. Personally I just don't think they'd work as one-rounders.

Also, bear in mind the amount needed to download to play the TMUs - some players may join half-way through the first round.
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

40 Shards wrote:
D2Boss wrote:I nominate all Tank me ups to one rounders.

Personally I just don't think they'd work as one-rounders.

Also, bear in mind the amount needed to download to play the TMUs - some players may join half-way through the first round.

TankMeUp's limit might need increasing if people are complaining or leaving, but I agree with Shards here--plus you can't deny TMUs are a huge draw for new and returning customers.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

:angry5: ::growls:: :angry5:

Well then...ummmm....I guess I could go target practicing or something while they play that :P
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466