Nightwolfs Bitchslap!

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

So far I like it. I heard positive things about it. The camera thing is great.

There might and I mean might be and issue where Blue team members can see Red team member better at the primary spawns maybe have an edge but I am not sure.

One thinkg to add as an after thought is can you make holding the middle nodes count more in OT making it less chance of a blue default win ?

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

Is this for the new cavern version or an older one?

And do we really need four bslaps?
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Joe was referring to Nightwolf's version of BS with the slapper back in action.

The BS-Caverns Spam Vikings Edition (SVE) which went live last night is BS underground, new textures, lighting, etc....with a reworking of the central node area and some additional terrain in a few spots. It does not contain the slapper.

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
mersenary aka MinisterofDeath
1337 Haxor

40 Shards wrote:Is this for the new cavern version or an older one?

And do we really need four bslaps?

Yes! We need 4 BS's 5 Captain Gordons etc to counteract the overplayed 28 tank maps that go on for 5 hours straight.
-goose-
Camper

Played the Caverns version tonight...nice change of pace.

Played w/ slap version a few times... IMO it is horribly biased toward blue... because Red has to build a node in OT to win the game (usually), the slap makes it even more difficult for red to win because it kills all players. Essentially, it is pointless for red to use the slap because it only prevents their teammates from linking the node. On the other hand it is beneficial to blue since it can prevent red players from linking the node. Additionally, since blue doesn't have to build a node to win, they can just sit back and spam rockets/link for the tie/default win (without ever falling victim to the slap). When you know you are going to win or lose regardless of how hard you try, the game ceases to be fun. I would replace the slap activator with two node shield activators (I've seen them in a couple of tank maps I believe). This would make it easier to hold a middle node, increasing the chances of a pre OT win, so that red actually has a chance of winning without a stacked team.