Having trouble with my map.

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
InfinetyX

Heej all,

I am having trouble with my map :/
I putted a playerstart in it, and i can't spawn *_*
its like i get killed by other bots.. ( wich aint in the lvl at that moment ) :/
i tried putting in a new playerstart didnt work either :(
please if someone knows help me :P

i also have a question, where can i find larger Adrenaline pills ?
since pick up only shows me one :p

Greetz&peace X
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Well, if you are spontaneously dieing repeatability without any chance, I think you need to compile your map.

You need to hit the "build all" button in the upper right corner of the editor. You may also find this button through the menu bar in the "build" menu.

As for the adren part, you just need a map that has the super adren pill and copy it over to your map ;)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

the part about the adren i didnt know yet but anyways will look for a map :p

The second part, i always do "build" thats the weirdest thing about it, since i used to make maps on ut99 i kinda
know how o build a map :p
but this is the first time this is happening to me :/

Greetz&peace X
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

UnrealWiki wrote:When I get in the game, all I and my bots do is die. What's up?

* You didn't rebuild. Do it.
* In UT2004 make sure that the KillZ level (ZoneInfo or Level Properties?) is set correctly. Spawning below that level causes instant death.
* It is possible you only have one playerstart, thus making a pile of bots and you spawn onto each other making a mass telefrag. (this no longer happens in UT2004)
When you say 'Build', are you sure you mean 'Build all'? Otherwise it could be any of the above three.

AdrenMart has several different types of adren

Custom adren pickups are under TournamentPickup -> AdrenalinePickup and the SuperUDamage is under TournamentPickup -> UDamagePack.

How to place them in your map (and stop them disappearing):
1. Open both above maps in UnrealEd
2. Open up your map without closing the Ed
3. Place a spawn for each type of adrenaline anywhere in your map (preferably somewhere that doesn't interfere with the actual map). The reason for this is so that the data from the custom stuff (scripting, textures, meshes etc.) is kept in YOUR map. You can then setup your spawns without having to dip back into either map to get the adrens back in your actor list. When you've finished, delete those original spawns.
Last edited by Skyline on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InfinetyX

40 Shards wrote:
UnrealWiki wrote:When I get in the game, all I and my bots do is die. What's up?

* You didn't rebuild. Do it.
* In UT2004 make sure that the KillZ level (ZoneInfo or Level Properties?) is set correctly. Spawning below that level causes instant death.
* It is possible you only have one playerstart, thus making a pile of bots and you spawn onto each other making a mass telefrag. (this no longer happens in UT2004)
Well i always do rebuild all so that wont be the problem,
And even like when i start my lvl from game itself, it gives the same, even without telefragging LOL :P
so i tried with "killall bot" and got the very same effect..
i also tried to put them on different places but didnt change a thing :(

Greetz&peace X

Orbital is messing my UT ED up :p

"Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2663 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (8208)

Bad expr token 3a

History: SerializeExpr <- (3A) <- SerializeExpr <- (60) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.EONSRipperAmmoPickup1) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.EONSRipperAmmoPickup1) <- LoadObject <- (Class myLevel.EONSRipperAmmoPickup1 282811==282811/9326687 282763 113) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP LOAD FILE="C:\UT2004\Maps\DM-Orbital_Invasion-HB-rc3.ut2") <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- FileOpen <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop"
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

InfinetyX wrote: Well i always do rebuild all so that wont be the problem,
And even like when i start my lvl from game itself, it gives the same, even without telefragging LOL :P
so i tried with "killall bot" and got the very same effect..
i also tried to put them on different places but didnt change a thing :(
When they die, do they just...dissapear (no corpse/sound FX) or is there animation, gore, and all that good stuff?

InfinetyX wrote:Orbital is messing my UT ED up :p

Yeah, Orbital has several external resources needed for it to be played (Like the portal gun).
Adren Mart should be okay. You will be missing some static meshes from that map, but you can still load it up through the editor ;)

FFE466

D2Boss wrote: When they die, do they just...dissapear (no corpse/sound FX) or is there animation, gore, and all that good stuff?

Yeah, Orbital has several external resources needed for it to be played (Like the portal gun).
Adren Mart should be okay. You will be missing some static meshes from that map, but you can still load it up through the editor ;)

Yeah they disappear, i dont even get the joy to see the blood *_*
it looks like the old way of teleporting like in ut99 with some lights flying around...

and used Adren for pills :D thanks for the map <3

Greetz&peace X
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

InfinetyX wrote:Yeah they disappear, i dont even get the joy to see the blood *_*
it looks like the old way of teleporting like in ut99 with some lights flying around...
Okay, the issue is that your player start is below the Zkill. To "see" your Zkill, simply go to your side viewports & zoom out. You notice the red line going across? That's the Zkill. That thing will literally remove every single actor in the game from projectiles to monsters to live players. You got two choices to fix this:
Raise your entire map where your playerstarts are above it.
-or-
Lower the bar, itself.

To lower the bar, open the level properties. You can find the level properties through the menu bar in "View" category.
Once you got into the properties, go to ZoneInfo category--->ZKill--->**lower Value here**
The Value will set the plane's Z location so the higher the value, the higher the line...The lower, the lower the line.

Now keep this in mind. This property you adjusted through the level properties is only for the zones that remain undefined in your map. If you place Zone portals, then you have to adjust the Zkill for those, too. Don't worry though. You can select All Zone Portals and adjust them all at once :D

FFE466

well, i putted the lvl alot higher so i was sure that i was above Zkill

BUT now when i build all, and then play i am fine,
but when i start from the game itself its still not workin g like it should >< :P
hope someone can help me again :)

Greetz&peace X
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Can you see it in the menus or is it crashing once you load it?

FFE466