How and where do i upload maps?

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor
Xfire: QuantumEquilibrium

DW_Ant wrote:
The teleportation emitters are not visible during net play.
Wouldn't just be easier to add the emitters to myLevel?
It took me so long to edit them.
I'll do what I did with the Obelsik emitter.
DW_Ant wrote:Now that the map is reduced to the beach, I think it'll be benefit you that you may concentrate on the decorations, too. I think decorating a beach is much easier than decorating a whole city. This wouldn't be a bad time to learn the terrain. I think terrain will look good when the ocean meets the terrain ;)
Absolutelly will do!
This has been one of the things I wanted to learn since the begining.
So I definetivelly have to learn terrain.
DW_Ant wrote:Since you've converted from DM to ONS, you should verify the default gametype is set to the right one.
Thanks Ant, I figured out how to do the Onslaught set up. Only tooke me a few... hours, but I got there.
I'm on the final stages of the map for it's first release and test.
DW_Ant wrote:Just a heads up, bots do show up online when number of players is less than 16. Pathing should be okay.
Good luck.
Just need to learn the terrain issue, to add some terrain, including a dirt road.
Do the final touches, etc...

Can you point me out to a good lift tutorial?
I read an advanced tutorial I found while searching, but it didn't work for me.
What a suprise?
Things never work for me the first time.

Thanks again
[glow=red]Website[/glow] - [glow=red]ModDB[/glow]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote: Wouldn't just be easier to add the emitters to myLevel?
It took me so long to edit them.
I'll do what I did with the Obelsik emitter.
I think it'll be easier to do a little copy / paste job. Creating new emitter classes into mylevel be much more difficult since you gotta create a class, compile, edit default properties, copy / paste, and position the emitter.

If you use the parent class, you simply need to place/position the emitter, copy / paste...done.

I wonder if you're doing something else.

Nelsoncarmo2 wrote:Can you point me out to a good lift tutorial?
I read an advanced tutorial I found while searching, but it didn't work for me.
What a suprise?
Things never work for me the first time.
That's where the bible comes in handy....
Here's a Mover's Tutorial from Epic Games. It may not be a lift, but I'm certain you can associate a door mover properties into a lift.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Sorry Ant, I don't understand what you mean with copy and paste... I Am very tired, as I've been going to bed every night at 3AM and getting up at 9AM for the past week to finish off the maps.

I want to take a break, but I can't get away from the computer... this is very addictive.

Not only that, I want to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible, as I want to get a job in the gaming field.

I have so many problems with the maps, that I don't even know where to start.

I am still trying to find a script or trigger, or both, that will only attack the blue team, regardless.

I have manage to find a trigger calles team trigger, that will attack the specified team only.
Which works fine if you are playing CTF, but ONS, it will still atack the blue team when you switch bases.
So you are being attacked in your own base.

So that is problem number 2, the emitter in Soul Temple being problem number one, amongst many other problems.

I have managed to figure out how to make doors, and lifts, which is good news in the middle of all this.

So my next step, is to figure out the trigger in the Obelisk to only attack the blue team regardless, and leave Soul Temple, Vice and City for now, if you don't mind.
I really want to finish this trigger, it's really bugging me.

Anyway, I am tired, go get something to eat and get some sleep.

Talk to you later.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote: I have so many problems with the maps, that I don't even know where to start.

I am still trying to find a script or trigger, or both, that will only attack the blue team, regardless.

I have manage to find a trigger calles team trigger, that will attack the specified team only.
Which works fine if you are playing CTF, but ONS, it will still atack the blue team when you switch bases.
So you are being attacked in your own base.
This wouldn't work anyways. In SV, the teams will switch sides between rounds. When the turrets attack based on team color, it'll be working fine for one round, but the next, the turrets will be shooting their own team. (Players switch sides, turrets stay there).
Don't stress over the triggers.

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:Sorry Ant, I don't understand what you mean with copy and paste... I Am very tired, as I've been going to bed every night at 3AM and getting up at 9AM for the past week to finish off the maps.
When you open your emitter properties--->emitter category. Once you open the emitters array, there'll be a line of text of each emitter (The line above the gray properties). It should say something like: SpriteEmitter'myLevel.SpriteEmitter1'
Copy that text (ctrl + C). Go to your new emitter. Find that emitter name field. Paste onto that line. Your emitter actors should be spawning the same emitter now. Only difference now is that you are using the emitter parent class instead of specific classes.

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote:Anyway, I am tired, go get something to eat and get some sleep.

Talk to you later.
Keep in mind that real life comes first. I was told this a hundred times before, and I'm passing this to you. You should invest your time into something that will support your future. Sleep, food, or activities that negatively affects your sleeping schedule should come first so in the end, you should gain some more hours of sleep thus making your progress with these activities more efficient when you get some more sleep.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Hey Ant, how are you?

I've have finished Soul Temple.
I've tested it online, and the emitters are working fine now.
Here is the link:
http://www.filefront.com/14827329/DM-So ... 6-Rev3.zip

Next is ONS-C&C2, and VCTF-C&C2.
This map is giving ne a lot of problems.

I keep getting the following errors when I test the map:

[s]Also I have the following static mesh in it, which I don't even know how it got in there, and obviously I am trying to get rid of it, but can't find it, sice the map is so big.[/s]

Never mind about this, I figured it out.

Last but not least... on the VCTF mode, the bots wont drive the vehicles.
They get in them and then get out straight away.
What is wrong here?
Do I have to create an assault path for the bots, aswell as the road, flying, and normal path nodes?

One more thing.
I am going to get rid of the obelisk triggers on the ONS mode, since I can't find a way to make the obelisk attack just the specified team.
It works fine on VCTF, but not ONS.
I will just replace the Obelisks with gun turrets.

I that's it for now.
I am going to read some tutorials about making terrain, so I can do that for Vice City.
I will also put a blocking volume to cut down the playable area on the beach.
That will reduce the playable area, so it can be used on Invasion.
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor

I have finished ONS-C&C2, and ONS-Vice City.

The only problem in Vice city is that I can't get the radar to display properly.

I have read rachel's tutorial on this. But still can't do it.
You know a way around this?

Then I will send you both maps for testing.

How's the progress with Soul Temple?
Is it on the server yet?
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Nelsoncarmo26 wrote: The only problem in Vice city is that I can't get the radar to display properly.
How is it not displaying properly? Is the size off, is it off center? Are you using the terrain to determine the radar range or are you using a custom range? What are you using for your radar image?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor

Well, BrainPan... see for yourself.
Here is the link for the download.
http://www.filefront.com/14852389/Map-p ... t2004.zip/
You guys don't do VCTF, do you?
So just ignore those maps.

I included DM-Vice City too, but didn't rename the updated version, so whatever version of DM-Vice City you have, delete it and use this one.

Maps for you guys.
ONS-Vice City
ONS-C&C2 Jungle Strike
DM-Vice City

Hey, what about Soul Temple?
It's not on the server yet.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

The problem arises from the fact that your map is rectangular and the image for the radar needs to be square. Your image is square, but it is just distorting the rectangular map to make it square. Your map image will need to have some "dead" space on the left and right sides as the actual map does (if you consider it to be a square). Did you take that screen shot for the image in the editor? What you might try is setting yourself a couple of "markers" in the editor on either side of the map at 24000 units out from the center (your radar range). By markers I just mean something you can see (a static mesh or better yet a long brush to delineate the edge) so you can tell where 24000 units out is. Then take a screen shot of your whole "square" area. You'll then have to tweak it in photoshop or some other prog to get it right. Getting the radar for an ONS map can be a pain. It's basically trial and error in photoshop til you get it close enough.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

[offtopic]So how and were do I upload maps ? Lol haven't checked this thread in awhile, looks like some good info , maybe we should rename it , to lazy to read all of this , so what we talking about anyhow?[/offtopic]