DM-FrostDeck17-b1

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Image Image Image Well, I got bored the other night and started making a version of Deck17 with a more wintry theme. I am probably going to make an invasion-specific version of this map, but for the time being this is more geared towards Infamous. There's still a little bit of work I want to do aesthetically, but for the most part it's done.

The major gameplay difference with the stock Deck17 map is that the lava pools are frozen over in this version, so you cannot push people in to their deaths. Obviously pushing people in the lava is a big part of the appeal of Deck in Freon, so I don't expect this to be hugely popular or anything, but it may be good for a change of pace.

Download link
Last edited by DW_WailofSuicide on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DW_Peace_Frog
DW Clan Member

Sounds sweet.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Sounds chilly.

Is there low friction on the ice? We could have hockey games with the frozen players.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

DW_BrainPan wrote:Sounds chilly.

Is there low friction on the ice? We could have hockey games with the frozen players.
Yeah there is, although it's not that extreme right now. Might adjust it down a bit after playing it.

What I really wanted was to make it so that if you unfreeze on the ice it takes you a second to get up to full walking speed on the ice, unfortunately it seems like friction doesn't impact player acceleration at all.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Just by looking at the images drops my room temperature by ten degrees.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: KarmaKat

OoOoO...chillin' time!

Looks like the inside of my deep freeze...frost free my @#$!!!

Should be fun in both Infamous and MM. :D

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...