My Invasion Map

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
{esg}*Tiger*
Killer in Training
Xfire: woutister

I've made a invasion map for the UT2k4 servers, I've already posted in another part of the forum this. But then I read this I tought this was a better place to post my map. DM-ColdMountain I hope you like it and i hope it's gonna be on the server, don't judge to hard it's my first inv map.
[glow=red]Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back.[/glow]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Cold Mountain is REALLY close in making it to the servers. Tiger, you actually proved to yourself that you have more talent than what I expected from you.

I've noticed that you've used terrain for your map, but I'm wondering why you didn't benefit from having terrain as your main ground. You should place some hills and valleys to make your map look realistic.

You've done a good job in decorating your map, but keep in mind that there will always be room to dress it up.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: KarmaKat

Nicely done, Tiger! For a first map ever this is a good effort! I do agree with Ant though...Cold Mountain should have some chilly mountains! :D

We always encourage mappers to flesh out their themes..and are very thankful when mappers -have- themes! ;) Square boxes textured with Humanoid Architecture101 and plastered with the mapper's name in 8 foot tall letters makes me want to pull out my fur!
:sgiggle:

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
{esg}*Tiger*
Killer in Training

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add some nice hills to it. Altough the map isn't that big is that a problem, that's the reason why you wouldn't find a mine layer. I'll upload the new version when I'm finished.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

We didn't get the updated version of the map, but we've noticed a few more things you could update your map on.
  • The collision on the dropship should be unsimplified. You can read this topic to read how to undo simplified collisions.
  • The secret is inaccessible. Trans doesn't fit.
  • Instead of bunching players in one middle building, it would be interesting if players could jump in the corner towers.
  • Barbwire should do some damage while players walk along the walls.
Take it this way, you're map was good enough that we had to look at it again ;)[/color]

FFE466

I know it has been a long time since is replied on this, I'm back from my UT2004 break and ready for a new start. I had some problems with school, so i had to drop out on UT. While gaming alot less, my dad decided to clean up the computer with all my ut files (also including the map) If anyone could send it to me to finish, that would be great. I tried the link, but it doesn't work for me.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Your decision reflects your maturity. Real life should always go before gaming. It appears you handled it very well.

I did manage to find your map through my cache. FileFront is being pissy at me again. Can you pm me your email so I could send the map to you? If you prefer not to, then I'll send the map to someone who may be capable of uploading it to FileFront.

FFE466

Xfire: KarmaKat

{esg}*Tiger* wrote:I know it has been a long time since is replied on this, I'm back from my UT2004 break and ready for a new start. I had some problems with school, so i had to drop out on UT. While gaming alot less, my dad decided to clean up the computer with all my ut files (also including the map) If anyone could send it to me to finish, that would be great. I tried the link, but it doesn't work for me.
Heya Tiger!

Here's a link to Filefront so you can snag your map:
http://www.filefront.com/17501992/DM-ColdMountain.rar

Welcome back to the UT community! :D

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...