Where can i download the Spam Viking Maps?

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
@nt
Pro but Noob

I was wondering where i could downlaod the following maps:
Bitchslap(The one with the slap)
Bitchslap Caverns
Tanks a lot
Masterbath
Gunshop
Painted Desert
Dria-Gorz
GritNights Tank me up and all that other stuff.
Captain Gordan's Box of Pwnage
Floodgate
Avalance
DW RAce Track
Suspense 2k4
Minus Tank me up and all that other stuff
Thanks
I like cookies...
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Don't think the ONS maps have been put on file front, but if you've played them recently they are in your cache. Just get a cache extractor and extract them.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
@nt
Pro but Noob

cache extractor?
I like cookies...
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

"The UT Cache Extractor is a small utility program which will extract downloaded items from your Unreal Tournament, UT2003, or UT2004 cache.

http://planetunreal.gamespy.com/View.ph ... tail&id=91
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

A word of caution about cache extractors!

It's best to NOT extract any files that go into your UT System folder. Most of the time these will end in the .u and .ucl file extension. If you extract these files, you may run into version mismatch errors as not all servers run the exact same versions of those files.

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Dynadin
Pro but Noob

DW_KarmaKat wrote:A word of caution about cache extractors!

It's best to NOT extract any files that go into your UT System folder. Most of the time these will end in the .u and .ucl file extension. If you extract these files, you may run into version mismatch errors as not all servers run the exact same versions of those files.

KKat

:flower:
So long as you only download the maps there will be no problems, they get updated so little on the server there is a one in a million chance of getting a mismatch. I always download all the maps I play to save my bandwidth as the cache will empty itself twice a month, never had any problems.
To bring about the end you have to start at the beginning.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Dynadin wrote:So long as you only download the maps there will be no problems, they get updated so little on the server there is a one in a million chance of getting a mismatch. I always download all the maps I play to save my bandwidth as the cache will empty itself twice a month, never had any problems.
This isn't really a problem anyway as...

1. Any good mapper will change the name of a map if it's been edited (e.g. appending a version or release number).
2. Karma (or others) will change the name themselves (if it hasn't already been) before putting it on SV.
3. Maps don't usually cause mismatch errors anyway - they just re-download and run from your cache (if you play the previous version it runs that one instead - makes it impossible to un-cache both versions though).

System files WILL cause mismatch errors though.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

Dynadin wrote:I always download all the maps I play to save my bandwidth as the cache will empty itself twice a month, never had any problems.
Rather than extract them and run the risk, edit your UT2004.ini file and set the PurgeCacheDays value to something high. I use 1500 which is about 4 years. Even if the files change, the cache knows to use the correct one. You *will*, however, use a lot of extra disk space.

If/when you want to reduce the amount of space used by the cache you can either: a) empty your cache directory (which kind of defeats the purpose); or b) set that ini value above to a smaller number, restart UT and join a server (any server), exit and then set the number back to the higher value afterward. This will effectively reduce your cache size by removing only the older files.

HTH.

Snaggle.