Map Proposal DM-Bunker

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Blooddemon91
Killer in Training
Xfire: Blooddemon91

This is an idea i've had for a while now but i dont have the correct skills to create, and i was curious if any of you were up to it. Here's the general idea.

This is a bunker type defense map for invasion. The map will start of slightly plain and open (very open) as the waves go out or as people reach a certain score (i liked this idea better because it gives it more of a rush to the game trying to get a high score quickly),the score would be based off of the alltogether score by all players, the map would start changing. Changing as in building would start construction or walls or anything you'd like. Of course it would only go up to a certain point but it was a preety intresting idea im sure many people have had. At some point near the end or the end i wanted to have some turrets appear that people could use to their advantage.

The problem that ive had with this idea of a map is not with movers or triggers, but instead with finding a way to activate the events in game. there would also need to be a way to get turrets to work in the game as well.

SO if anyone wants to create the map feel free to start it id be more then happy to see it come together and see what the outcome is.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

So what happens when the monster roster changes and it becomes very easy to achieve this score.
Or the other way around, where it becomes impossible?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

The amount could be changed if someone would want to go through all that trouble but you could also just dissmiss that way of changing the map and just have the events occur through the waves like a lot of maps ive seen do.
Nelsoncarmo26
1337 Haxor
Xfire: QuantumEquilibrium

That is actually a good idea to a certain extent.
There are already numerous maps that do just that... unlock and/or lock certain areas, at certain points of the game.

What you are requesting though is very time comsuming and complex, as it may require some coding for it to happen exactelly as you stated.
For the turrets to work on invasion, it also needs coding.

It's possible to do, but just like sanders replied, I doubt pretty much that anyone would go through so much trouble.
The visual part of a map is already so time consuming.

I don't want to discourage you, or just dismiss the idea all together.
But that's the reality of it.
[glow=red]Website[/glow] - [glow=red]ModDB[/glow]
Blooddemon91
Killer in Training

Yes Yes i thought i might as well just throw the idea out there though. no harm done.