Frostdeck17 INV - Feedback

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

Some of us on the server yesterday voted (wail's?) FrostDeck17-b1 for mashing. There were 5-10 of us on at the time. And as it was a beta I thought I would provide some feedback from players on the server and myself.

One or two people said 'this is really boring' but I think it was down to the lack of high levels (therefore we all had to hide) and the general current dodginess of the wave setup, especially for a low number of players on a hard map.

The map WAS damn hard, I understand that it is meant for anything but invasion, and is only on there as a test. I liked the theme of the map overall, the frosty version of the deck almost made me shiver. Loving the cold metal textures.

There's only one bug I found, and that was that the monsters fall right through the ice when they move about on it, munching at all the poor helpless players above them.

Overall, as a TAM or DM map, I would rate it 9/10. As invasion, 5/10. But I've only played it once under bad circumstances.

Sorry, I would have posted this under the map's topic but I can't for the life of me find it again. :sangry:

Jon
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I agree with you about the monsters (and sometimes players) falling under the ice.

But I don't see it as a problem about the map difficulty. I rank this map to be the second most challenging luci wave followed by Peak. I find excitement through that.

I don't see the difficulty of this map as a problem. I prefer to have a diverse (difficulty) selection of maps (from shooting range to Akbal).
Perhaps this is a map you need to play with an adequate team. You may gain a better experience.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: jonk27

Yeah, I said it was damn hard but hard like Kotam or Hell, it's bearable provided you have a good team which I didn't. I don't have a problem with map difficulty, it comes down to good hides/bad hides/no hides if you believe in maps being hard/easy, but I don't. I just adapt to the situation. If there's a hide okay, I put my trans in there and go out to play. If there isn't, I just run about and take advantage of my healing and DR.

And yeah we got to luci then got totally stamped on - but the only player on at the time that could tank apart from me (-globe) was goldwing and he just.. didn't.

I will have to try it again when the server is busier :sbigsmile: