Big Map: DM-Amrak Pass

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Kjartan
Killer in Training

One big map that I think might work for Invasion . . . this is truly a large map, but has a nice mix of terrain, and also some decent potential "safe spots." May need a little modification (adren spawn points, for example) to make it a better map for Invasion, but may be worth a look.

DM-Amrak Pass: http://www.co30.com/index.php?option=co ... lect&id=16

It's toward the bottom of the page.

Direct download link: http://www.co30.com/index.php?option=co ... 2eb125d020
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I'm getting some low frame rates in this map alone (without any action). When I stand in one corner looking across, my frame rates drop to 8. Judging by the size of the map, when the map is populated by monsters, projectiles, and players I think it'll drop to 3-4. Also this map lost its fun without the Bulldogs.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Thanks for taking a look . . . I've probably had that map in the back of my mind as a potential invasion map for at least a couple of years, figured it wouldn't hurt to share.

Although I was not able to reproduce the low frame-rates you experienced (Even with my pentium 4 (granted, it's a 4870 gfx card) on maxed out settings, I was only able to get them to drop below 100 very, very briefly, and I went all over the map, trying everything I could to get the frame rate to drop . . . I think I got sub 85 once or twice doing a spin move while firing over an open pit of fire or something :-)). Anyway, as I was saying, although I could not reproduce your low FPS's, I understand that if it's a concern at all, then it could make the map unplayable for a number of people.

The manta is more fun for that map! :D