DM-Shield

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DM-Shield was submitted awhile ago. Unfortunately, this map wont be tested for some major problems.

We do not allow the Rainbow Shock Rifle for multiple reasons.

AirBlast and PortalGun is okay, but you got to make sure you're using the AirBlast from HelmzDeep or Waiting Room since they were modified for Monster Mash. Do you really need it in a map this size though?

Having 200 adrenaline pills is not allowed here. Each pickup costs a channel count. Maps with excessive channel counts have a tendency to lag and cause packetloss so you got to minimize the quantity of pickups. Also please refrain from making your map extremely super easy. We have enough of those already.

You have some redundant and useless actors placed in your map. Your Skybox contains a zone info and a RockingSkyZone Info. The Zone Info in your skybox can go. The RockingSkyZoneInfo is to make your skybox have a rotating effect (look at FaceClassic to see what I mean). Check out this link to get your RockingSkyZoneInfo to work. If you want a steady sky, then simply use a SkyZoneInfo actor.
You also placed several light bulb actors upon unlit surfaces. It's okay if you leave them there since it prevents everyone from being pitched dark in an unlit room, but it's boring to have unlit surfaces everywhere. Lighting enhances atmosphere regardless what you are building.

Lastly, please take my word for it. You don't want your name in the map title. It's going to bite you later. If you want credit for your map, you can edit the level properties' Author property. Simply put your name for that property, and it'll be broadcasted in Monster Mash in the beginning. If you need help figuring out how to open the Level Properties, let me know.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466