DM-aPortal2 [completed]

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
datmos
Killer in Training

Incredible ... now I've gone from being a noob to be a super noob xD

The most funny thing, many changes you have made, as the reflections of the crystals, the conveyor belt with turrets, turrets falling, the laser hurtful, and other things, i already had in mind to do this things, but could not application for lack of knowledge.

Now looks great! Great work!

I've made ​​some changes, perhaps the most significant is the jump column that leads to the elevator.

The only problem i can see now, is that the sound reproducin turrets only do it once, the TriggerOnce = OFF, do not know how to fix that.

Once solved the audio issue, from my point of view, I think the map is ready.

what do you think?

Indeed, in the texture: Map By Datmos, do me the favor to add that you've helped!

Here's my changes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3g2zsjqebvoi11v

MANY THANKS !!!
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Hey Datmos, glad you liked those changes. I mostly wanted to introduce those elements to show you how to create those sorts of effects in case you wanted to utilize those sorts of things elsewhere.

I'll check it out sometime in the next couple days and also fix those triggers for the turrets. Forgot to put in the action that causes them to return to waiting for that initial event trigger.
datmos
Killer in Training

Ok i solve the problem with the turrents sounds, with the action: GOTOACTION is working fine :D xD i know that doing tests hehe.

EDIT: I NOT UPDATE THE LINK ABOVE, I WANT TO MAKE FEW CHANGES.

EDIT 2:

This ScripTrigger, should work right? I have seen this same setup on other maps and these maps work, I've tried it with my mutator RPG, but does not work, I imagine, that your server will work.

Is it correct?
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Yes that should work. The trigger will occur and then 10 seconds later the sound will play.

Side note: I set up a ScriptedTrigger at the door where players started in a previous version, but the event that ScriptedTrigger is waiting for ("Wave1") is incorrect. Should change that to "InvWave1."

Edit: Let me know when you've got a new version of the map ready to go. I want to do another change to the glass texture at least because I'm unhappy how it is working out in the map (specifically the conveyor belt with the Turrets) as well as adjust the credit texture as you said.
datmos
Killer in Training

a ok i did not see your trigger, if fix this one.

Just few changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ev4g6diepkdnn6 [glow=red]<- Updated with more few changes.[/glow]
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Made some minor changes to the map:

-Tweaked the credits texture to incorporate it into the main DW: Monster Mash texture and save some space
-Also adjusted the glass texture so it's not so overbright at times

Datmos were you planning on making any other big changes? At this point I am thinking we may want to put this on the test server, give it a run through, and if everything checks out get it on the Monster Mash servers live.

Map Download
datmos
Killer in Training

For me is perfect, I will not do any other change in the map.
Better, add your the PlayerStarts so no I have to upload the map again and if you can update the Level Propierties, suppose that the capture of the map has to be updated.

For my part to this map I did not make more changes.

I may enter the test server?

Thank you!

edit: I was testing the map, and i found some textures out from their wall, and some meshes with errors, let me edit that and add playerstarts and edit level propierties xD, i upload it in few minutes.

Ok all done:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m4xqe025yf00w06

let me know when you make online tests
datmos
Killer in Training

Hi?
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Hey Datmos,

We looked through the map last night. Couple of things to mention:

-I need to go through the map and check and remove some dependencies on the PortalGun textures

-The button in the grey room, no one seemed to be able to figure out what it does.
--The triggered texture lights that appear from the button do not work online. Will need to look up how to fix this so it works online.
--The door next to the button in the grey room is capable of being triggered by monsters, which is a bit silly since there's nothing behind it (should probably check the door in the turrent room as well)

-There's some minor issues with the grating wall that separates the elevator from the grey room. Definitely need to make sure that it blocks all projectiles.
-The button behind the laser wall in the grey room, no one seemed to be able to get to it.
-The door between the elevator room and the room with the blue goo splash on the wall is capable of being semi-broken when monsters get close to it.

-The jump pad that shoots players to the laser room (alternate route to the upper area) seems to be shooting players substantially too high.
-I really want to fix the Mesh Emitters that control the Turret spawning in the turret room.
datmos
Killer in Training

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:-The button in the grey room, no one seemed to be able to figure out what it does.
This button opens a hidden door that allows access to Deemer, using the translocator. I planned to teach this in the Online Test.
It's hard to explain, you can see which door opens from UnrealEd.
DW_WailofSuicide wrote:--The door next to the button in the grey room is capable of being triggered by monsters, which is a bit silly since there's nothing behind it (should probably check the door in the turrent room as well)
Lol, really ? Theoretically does not have assigned triggers the door :S, rare.
DW_WailofSuicide wrote:-The button behind the laser wall in the grey room, no one seemed to be able to get to it.
It's just decorative. Can not be accessed in any way. In this way, players try to access, so interact more with the map and not only dedicated to killing.
DW_WailofSuicide wrote:-The jump pad that shoots players to the laser room (alternate route to the upper area) seems to be shooting players substantially too high.
You're right, I left it, so players have time to react and fall in the right place.
You can modify if you wish.

The other problems you've written, I have not said anything because basically would not know how to solve these problems, which I leave in your hands.