DM-Tourian (Metroid Tribute) [For Monster Mash]

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
BrianTheCorrupt
Killer in Training

Added the Trigger with Wave1Begin within Event and it works. When checking the ScriptedTrigger's actions, I noticed only 1 EndSection action and noticed when I didn't have the Trigger set for TriggerOnlyOnce to True, it caused the ScriptedTrigger to only play the second song. I fixed it by adding a second EndSection action and switched the TOO to False, and it works on playing the first or second song.

The thing is that the Trigger is ProximityTriggered, should I place it next to the PlayerSpawns to have it immediately trigger, or is it not supposed to be triggered by Players' proximity, but automatically? That, and it seems the Timers don't work after 300 seconds for which I guess the songs are supposed to alternate, unless there is something else to add?

Anyways, once this music issue is resolved, I'll save a copy of the code in a HoldingMap and preserve it for when I need it, as I'm still building the map (which is still minimally decorated, has no Pathoodes, needs a few more weapon types, and very few pickups) and don't want to forget where I placed them.

[offtopic]Question regarding Super Weapons, specifically the Enhanced Redeemer: Should I even consider placing it in the map? The map's dimensions are large, it's practically larger than some maps that have the Enhanced Redeemer, like Choco'sDomeOfDoom, and I thought that a normal Redeemer would not be large enough to get monsters that may be spread out through the map. But this is where I get concerned of having it at all, because if someone finds it, they'll probably set a TranslocatorDisc (Easily remedied with a LimiterVolume, fortunately) near it, go out, fire it and trans back, only for the cycle to repeat itself and gaining a lot of kills while leaving everyone else to not be able to kill monsters. I guess I'm looking for an opinion on it. That, or I could start a poll and see what people think.[/offtopic]
My Classes In MMs2:

BrianTheCorrupt - M/MM: Lv 638
BrianTheEnraged - AM: Lv 708
BrianTheGunzerkr - WM: Lv 318

My Map Projects (All on hold):
DM-Tourian
DM-DarkAgonWastes
DM-CargoTrain
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

BrianTheCorrupt wrote: [offtopic]Question regarding Super Weapons, specifically the Enhanced Redeemer: Should I even consider placing it in the map? The map's dimensions are large, it's practically larger than some maps that have the Enhanced Redeemer, like Choco'sDomeOfDoom, and I thought that a normal Redeemer would not be large enough to get monsters that may be spread out through the map. But this is where I get concerned of having it at all, because if someone finds it, they'll probably set a TranslocatorDisc (Easily remedied with a LimiterVolume, fortunately) near it, go out, fire it and trans back, only for the cycle to repeat itself and gaining a lot of kills while leaving everyone else to not be able to kill monsters. I guess I'm looking for an opinion on it. That, or I could start a poll and see what people think.[/offtopic]

Hey Brian!

Kudos for diving into UnrealEd!
:salute: I'm very glad to see a new map for MM on the horizon!!

As for Super Weapons, we ask that those not be included in maps. Your stated example is one very good reason and there are other constraints that also cause us to restrict the use of any Super Weapons to a very small number of maps.

When you get to the Beta stage, we'd be happy to help play test your map. You'll need some compression software (usually free) like 7Zip and if the file is bigger than 25 megabytes, you will also need a site to host the file for download (like Mediafire, Dropbox, etc. most of which have free services limited by the amount of data you can up/download). Worry about this stuff later though.... ;)

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Saw this image, it might make a cool loading screen for a Metroid-themed map.

http://i.imgur.com/QABprxX.jpg