Map Listing

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I haven't really seen an extensive map listing here so I'm going to make one myself.

The idea here is to essentially keep track of what's going on and to make a comprehensive map listing of maps that don't work on SV for one or another gameplay reason. I'm going to try to classify maps into categories on how hard they would be to fix, with links to downloadable versions of maps (for those not available through DL sites).

This post last updated 11/29/20006

Maps under Review
ONS-Dreamus
ONS-ConcealedRespite2
ONS-Cosimia
ONS-Sunrise
ONS-DryIce
ONS-NMP2-Panalesh
ONS-Mothership
ONS-Spiffingrad

Maps on Map Project List but not Claimed
ONS-AlenjaForest
ONS-AnkalaIsthmus
ONS-Deser_Junkyard
ONS-Hyrule
ONS-Kakmo
ONS-Nazza
ONS-Paparena
ONS-ToonCountry

Other Maps to Consider

ONS-AcientWar
ONS-AthwartTundra
ONS-A_New_Dawn
ONS-BigDamVer1_3
ONS-BGA-Core
ONS-Bramideon
ONS-Camo
ONS-CataldiPark
ONS-CrateriousZeta
ONS-Denum
ONS-Digital
ONS-Eire
ONS-escaladenight
ONS-Evergreen
ONS-FBU-Desertion
ONS-FBU-Highlands
ONS-FBU-Scorched
ONS-FBU-StoneHaven
ONS-Frostbite
ONS-GizaOasis
ONS-GravCore
ONS-Icarus
ONS-IcyBo
ONS-Impregnable
ONS-IronSpine
ONS-Julia
ONS-Ligeia-Final
ONS-Lucid
ONS-B3-LushGreen2
ONS-Magma
ONS-Majestic
ONS-Mesas
ONS-Pasargadae
ONS-Pipeline
ONS-RangerSEMSU
ONS-RapaNui
ONS-Reciprocity
ONS-Resilience
ONS-RoadRage
ONS-SandsofDestruction
ONS-SemperVirens
ONS-{ROW}Shipdockbeta
ONS-SpaceJox
ONS-STFUandJump
ONS-Tuolume Meadows
ONS-TwilightSE
ONS-theVine
ONS-Utilitarian
ONS-CBP2-Valarna
ONS-Wasteland

Map Analysis (Mine)

ONS-Pipeline - Small fixes. Needs better link setup, protection for cores.

ONS-Magma - Moderate fixes. Fewer vehicles, less exposed cores, better foot transportation.

ONS-Frostbite - Add more nodes, subterranean tunnels for alternate node areas / paths of attack

ONS-GizaOasis - Mediocre map, don't bother.

ONS-Utilitarian - *Suggestion: Add another primary node close to the core. Add an additional path (teleporter/shortcut) to the tank/corner nodes. Create two node paths. One path would emphasize foot combat within the interior mountain structure, the other path would emphasize vehicular combat in the exterior area.

ONS-Pasargadae - *Suggestion: A nice original theme. This map would be good for a new TankMeUp style map with a bit of alteration to nodes and possibly addition of a few more buildings/streets (ie, paths).

ONS-BGA-Core - *Suggestion: More footsoldier-viable routes of attack (connect catwalks between "rooms"). Z-axis ramping to prevent tank attacks from node-to-node and block line-of-site. General Z-axis and footsoldier mobility.

ONS-AthwartTundra - Possibly playable. Somewhat small for 32p.

ONS-A_New_Dawn - Possibly playable. Could use a bit of work on some of the mesh usage and likely vehicle loadouts. Interesting changes/use of the Dawn theme.

ONS-B3LushGreen2 - Map needs paths rebuilt. Asymmetrical. Looks like it might offer some fun footsoldier combat. Low vehicle usage necessitated by small map and narrow paths. Fairly attractive map.

ONS-Camo - Needs new link setup. Possibly playable. Vehicles and weapons need changing. Reasonably attractive map.

ONS-Eire - Needs more nodes. Create two paths. Add more cover to nodes and core. *Suggestion: Looks like it might offer some fun footsoldier combat. Low vehicle usage necessitated by small map and narrow paths. Fairly attractive map.

ONS-Evergreen - Asymmetrical. Too big. Scale map down by 25%. More nodes, better link setup. Fairly attractive map.

ONS-GravCore - Cool concept, crummy execution. Map of this style definitely needs the translocator. Needs more than 1 combat area, more nodes, better node layout.

ONS-RoadRage - Cool concept. Needs new link setup and possibly other changes.

ONS-Tuolume Meadows - Choke link setup. Terrain probably needs work in order to fit more nodes/vehicles into the map. Fairly attractive map.

ONS-AnkalaIsthmus - Invisible water needs to be fixed. Lots of sticky collision on meshes that need blocking volumes. Generally needs optimization. Vehicle loadouts need changing. Could use some better base navigation. Decent looking map, has potential.

ONS-IcyBo - Small map, few paths. Could use some more paths/lines of attack, as well as nodes. Duplicating terrain might be in order (eg. Primeval T32).

ONS-Impregnable - Dawn with a less interesting middle area and weird/bad bases.

ONS-IronSpine - Asymmetrical. Needs work on the nodes. Nice map, seems like it has potential.

ONS-Julia - Very asymmetrical. Map needs to have one side duplicated to the other. Seems like it has potential.

ONS-Reciprocity - Too big for footsoldiers. Meshes are horrible. Has potential.

ONS-Resilience - Looks like an excellent map, just needs to get rid of the choke node in the middle and/or add more nodes.

ONS-SandsofDestruction - 3 node, single path setup needs to change. A bit too large overall. Could be made into something playable.

ONS-SemperVirens - Kind of tight quarters, but could work. Needs a different node layout with more nodes. Primevalesque.

ONS-Wasteland - Asymmetrical. Too small and cluttered for 32. Duplicate the map and create a new setup using the additional space and nodes.
Last edited by DW_WailofSuicide on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
SweetTooth

just dont try to take on all of these maps at once. you need to keep things simple for the time being. beta'ing several maps at once will only make you miss things and end up producing a sub par product.
zeus
1337 Haxor

I looked at ToonCountry and Hyrule. At this point, it is not worth saving them.

Hyrule is not even playable at this time. Plus, it is terribly unbalanced.

ToonCountry is a nice looking map. Custom textures, etc. However, it is very unbalanced. It is going to need a lot of terrain editing to make up for it. Plus, actually moving the nodes and the meshes with them.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

:albino: - I saw some of them already .. basicaly the ones Toxic posted a link about.. and .. Well since I noticed Ons-Digital was removed from SV.. Ill start with that one .. I hope I get some reply on what peeps want.. and about the changes needed.. I already looked at the map I like it IT has well play as what lag or fps isues cuz of it's zize and Its fun I think ill make it become a spamy map - dreamus like- or so . I still dont know why people doesnt like it the times I played it was really nice gamin and fun .. well xept for those few thingies Urtho wrote about .. But im taking it.. I think .. :idea:
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

You should add ONS-Utilitarian to that list. That map has major gameplay issues.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Lets add ONS-CataldiPark also. Where is an admin so we can make this into a sticky.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Bump