Couple of Map Things

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Toxic, couple of things:

Possible to change the link setups on Stygian to this?
Possible to change the link setups on Kakmo to one of these two?
Image Image
New maps

Tempestade, an urban-themed map
http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/forum ... 1172697952

Latest ONS-theVine 32p version
http://www.ghostpilot.org/titanshare/up ... -beta2.zip
TheHunterIcemann
Pro but Noob

Cool--

but on the second and third ones, the link between (7) and (8) is a little too easily done for comfort -- don't ya think?
Once people figure it out it will become a constant battle for the close range - quick win nodes.

I really like the 1st one though.
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

TheHunterIcemann wrote:but on the second and third ones, the link between (7) and (8) is a little too easily done for comfort -- don't ya think?
What's worse is that the third one (2nd Kakmo setup) actually has 5 & 6 directly connected, making for a very short 2-node path. :drunken:

Snaggle.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Snaggle wrote:
TheHunterIcemann wrote:but on the second and third ones, the link between (7) and (8) is a little too easily done for comfort -- don't ya think?
What's worse is that the third one (2nd Kakmo setup) actually has 5 & 6 directly connected, making for a very short 2-node path. :drunken:

Snaggle.
I'm not really familiar enough with Kakmo to critique things, but pretty much anything is better than the one node stalemate that this map is currently. A shame to have such a nice map be a spamfest over one node.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

I have a good node layout for this map, which I implemented for the unmodified version of Kakmo.

When I found out Titan had a version, I threw it up there sight-unseen because I assumed they had modified the layout. I was surprised when it was still base linear.

As soon as I get a chance, I'll get the layout fixed on this (and Stygian). I don't have any pretty screenies of my layout :)

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
TheHunterIcemann
Pro but Noob

Wow Snaggle -- good call, I totally missed that one!

And Wail, yes -- the spamfest is what I was considering, so we are on the same page.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

OK, Kakmo has a new layout. Stygian has the new layout you suggested.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

ToxicWaste wrote:OK, Kakmo has a new layout. Stygian has the new layout you suggested.

Rich (TW)
Thanks Toxic, I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have some time to try out the changes later on.