ONS-Galadriel-system Discussion and VOTE

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.

Is this map useless and should be removed from the DW server?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4
TheHunterIcemann
Pro but Noob

This is one of those concept maps that looks amazing, and on paper would seem to be a lot of fun.

However, after the 10 seconds of "wow this is a cool idea", and then another 8 seconds of "woah, check out this UFO that I can fly", the map becomes almost painful to play.

Kudos to whoever made the thing for the looks and the unique concept, but to play the map with 24+ people (which is usually the optimum) is ridiculous.

The main problems with the gameplay have to do with how other weapons and things do against the UFOs:

Shock Rifle: Perhaps one shot might land on a UFO in every 12 or so
Mines: Useless (everyone is screaming around in UFOs)
AvRils: Useless
Turrets: Useless
Benders: Useless
Tanks: Absolutely Useless
Lowered Gravity: Useless (The extra time in the air makes you more vulnerable to UFO attacks)
Shield Gun: Useless (UFO attacks automatically penetrate the shield)

So, MAP: USELESS? You tell me....
VOTE!
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

-- As you said, Map idea and a lot of credit to the imagination and skills of the map developer -- But as for gameplay in an Onslaught concept it is a big piece of crap -- This happens a lot with mappers when they create a map and don't put attention to the Onslaugt part , adding vehicles wich are riculiously powerfull or fast for the speed of the game , players , objetives in the game and weapons that are in the game , this is an ugly , stupid and anoying combination -- To make it fun theres always have to be a balance .. -- If your gonna put in a map a minotaur tank , give one to every player and create the balance and the fun for all , if not then stick it in hell ..
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
TheHunterIcemann
Pro but Noob

Oh, good. It's not just me then.
:cheers:
I was trying to put it lightly but Alpha basically summed it up in the previous post.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Well the biggest problem with the map is that you needed a saucer to get to other nodes. The node setup wasn't conducive to creating interesting games. Possibly lowering the gravity and modifying the map so you can float to the next planet maybe in order.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I don't disagree. This map is very flawed. Thing is, as far as I'm concerned, it's basically AirMars with UFOs instead of raptors.

"Fixing" it would require too much work - You may as well create a new map.
TheHunterIcemann
Pro but Noob

That is exactly what I thought Wail -- lets get this thing removed!