Bad News from Germany

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

TBH I dont think epic were especialy "rushed" into anything. For almost a year we kept hearing rumours of a release and then were told, it will be ready when its ready.

I genuinly believe that Epic have taken such a long time building this game that it was only right for Midway to give them a little nudge otherwise people will totaly lose interest in it by the time it is released. On the other hand we now have a game that looks great has improved a lot in game from the last UT and really listened to the fans, which is probably because of the time taken. I really dont see why this browser issue is going to make or break the game its like people judging a picture by its frame...

I play more than one FPS online and I have my favourite servers for each, UT2k4 is the ONLY game I have saved my favourites in. Every other I spend the extra 30 seconds (my god thats almost half a life time) to order servers by name and scroll down to the ones I love to play on. UT3 will be no different to this and its not going to stop me playing ! Yes the menus are annoying but im not 12 years old so I have the patience to work through them to play this great game.

With regards to the patches, will there be any ? Who knows we can only go on what they have done before ! Patches have been released to fix bugs etc so I think the same will happen for UT3, weather or not there is a console version of this game. I dont think they are going to be spending all thier time on the console versions, if I remember rightly in an interview Mr Rein even said this was primarily a PC game and thats where they are focusing.
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

d2frob
1337 Haxor

I for one love the game. And this after 450+ flag captures, 8+ hours on the hoverboard (without messing about included) etc etc. I miss seeing who's ingame on the server browser but as i go into random servers, meet new people, build my friends list i'm generally having a pretty nice time. I wouldn't mind being able to earmark players i want to avoid but that's a minor point.

Once enough servers are up to be able to have 'regulars' etc then by the looks of things the gameplay standard should be pretty good. there is already the rds clan server (europe) where that caln hangs out and that usually attracts enough decent players to avoid completely unbalanced games etc.

I wish people wouldn't make judgement without a decent amount of play time though. At first i was totally wowed by the game, then i had gripes with various points. Now i'm at a point where the only gripes i have are minor. Such as the stinger needing a slight 'spin up' time, the friend messaging being extremely hard to have a conversation of any sort with and the wierd server browser oddities.

Things such as 'the tank doesn't have enough splash' is utter crap - as players get better, change their strategies the tank can totally obliterate attacks.

All in all i can't wait :D
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

d2frob wrote: I wish people wouldn't make judgement without a decent amount of play time though. At first i was totally wowed by the game, then i had gripes with various points. Now i'm at a point where the only gripes i have are minor. Such as the stinger needing a slight 'spin up' time, the friend messaging being extremely hard to have a conversation of any sort with and the wierd server browser oddities.
Agreed. When the Beta Demo was released initially, I had begun a several-pages long list of issues I had with it.

Two weeks and some more playtime later, and I felt like a significant portion of my issues were just things I wasn't used to. The only major gameplay issue that I'm disappointed with is the player scaling being a little too small.

The UI needs improvement, but it's such a small part of the overall game that it's silly how much people have been throwing tantrums over it.
d2frob
1337 Haxor

I presume people will make all manner of mods for the UI now there is a need. I'd love to see a plus version of the ctf, similar to the way onsplus worked etc to promote/reward teamplay for the point whores. But yeah...things look good :D

(ps i think a lot of people have been exaggurating because their 99 or 2k4 skills aren't directly transferable and so it ends up pretty fustrating!)
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

the ut comunity wines way to much about things that if they used logic would seem not so bad, here is an example........ if you have a baby and a week later your are really pissed off at the crying do you tell all your friends to not have babies? do you throw away that baby? no you stick with it and hope that the problems will go away , which they will, and enjoy it.
Its Pronounced Taz-Cross-Blade, not Tazer-Blade, not Taz-Crows-Blade, not Taco-Blade, Taz-Cross-Blade
KillaDEATH
Camper

Interesting.... This topic is almost funny. While I can get as mad as anyone about the release of a title before it's "REALLY READY" for the masses. I can ask you this, what game in the past few years has been without patch? None that I know of off hand. Try an EA game. Some of their titles weren't even fixed before they released the next game in a series. There are thousands of complaints everyday about game play, browsers, server hosting and many more. They still sell hundreds of thousands while seemingly turning a deaf ear to their gaming public.

I thought I read somewhere that UT3 was pushing GameSpy once again. Are you really suprised the in-game browser sucks? How do you force people to use gamespy? Simple.....

Opinions of the game are helpfull. Everyone here would like UT3 to be the greatest game ever but the internet is a big place. Don't ever base your buying decisions on opinions of people you don't know. If you can't afford to buy it and not like it then wait for someone you know to buy it and tell you what you want to know. The last thing I want to be is the first person on the block to buy a piece of junk. Vent is a perfect tool for this very thing. You have no idea the motive, knowledge, or ignorance of posters in a public forum.

Hardware,

Never ever buy computer hardware for what it could do for you later. Hardware features can go years without being used by "ANY" software you would run. Years later when it is implemented in software the hardware will have improved, be expanded, and become much cheaper. Do you remember MMX? Surely no one bought a Pentium because it had MMX. You bought one because it was better than the 486. How about PhysX? I'm not saying don't buy anything. What I'm saying is only buy what will benefit you now. How does this apply to this thread? If you bought hardware to play UT3 before you play UT3 or didn't like the demo then you made a mistake. There are other games I'm sure that will use this hardware. This is why you're not likely to see me pre-order any game.

I'm still on the fence but will probably buy one copy and decide if it's worth buying more.
zeus
1337 Haxor

I disagree. I personally have no problems with the gameplay. It is a new game. There are people out there who are going to complain about weapon balance, vehicle balance, etc. Ehhh mappers will figure it out and balance it, at least the good ones will. Now, with the stock maps.....

What I do have a problem with is the gamespy crap, the issues with the UI, the consolization of the game, etc. It took me a week to figure out how to keep my settings. And even then, I can't keep them all. From what I understand none of these issues have been fixed.

And we have not even started talking about the server issues, with it crashing, emergency builds, no webadmin, etc.

They have spent 3+ years building this game and now that they release it, it is not holding up. It looks like they just threw it together. I am not sure what they have been doing these last three years. It would be interesting to go through their project plans and see how many things got crossed off and delayed.

Actually the more that I think about it, this is a lot like the Vista release. A lot of the advanced features were cut out, they restarted the project, etc.

Like I said, I went out and spent $280 to get a new vid card specifically for this game. I am now in the wait and see mode.
KillaDEATH
Camper

Tazcrosblade_ wrote:the ut comunity wines way to much about things that if they used logic would seem not so bad, here is an example........ if you have a baby and a week later your are really pissed off at the crying do you tell all your friends to not have babies? do you throw away that baby? no you stick with it and hope that the problems will go away , which they will, and enjoy it.
Taz please wait a few years before talking about having a baby and/or suggesting parenting skills. Thanks....lol
-Dark-Mike

Still loads of things they need to fix!!!

1. The UI is identical, i.e. made for consoles
2. No crosshair choice. Exactly the same as demo. Goodbye small dot for shock/sniper.
3. No 'throw weapon' action. First UT to not have this. Competitive TDM players are going nuts.
4. Player-view does not match up with player height. Absolutely fundamental flaw with the player/environment scale.
5. Unable to see who is playing in a chosen game in the server browser.
6. Unable to see pings of other players in-game.
7. No favourite server or buddies list.
Desko
1337 Haxor

Tazcrosblade_ wrote:the ut comunity wines way to much about things that if they used logic would seem not so bad, here is an example........ if you have a baby and a week later your are really pissed off at the crying do you tell all your friends to not have babies? do you throw away that baby? no you stick with it and hope that the problems will go away , which they will, and enjoy it.
That makes not very much sense at all. Use logic and realize that a baby crying is no longer annoying? I used my logic to realize that I can play UT2k4, have more fun, and save 60$.
When submersed in a liquid, creatures with lungs are typically unable to breathe.