Bad News from Germany

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

Now that the full game has been released in Germany, screenshots and very bad news have been trickling out over the Internet. Basically, the full version of the game is like the Beta Demo (big surprise).

This means that the server browser not only lacks features that we've come to expect, but that you can't even make a list of Favorites with it (!!!).

Here are two (now locked) threads at the Epic forums where people are complaining and venting about it. It sounds like fans are very disappointed!

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=584191

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showth ... p?t=581872

I can understand being rushed by Midway to hurry up and produce the gold version, and I can understand that the focus would be to fix bugs, video driver, and compatibility issues. However, I sure hope that Epic fixes the Server Browser with the first patch. Epic is aware that its fans are unsatisfied...but will they...can they...do anything to fix the game's myriad User Interface and Server Browser deficiencies?
d2frob
1337 Haxor

Regarding name change, how come i've seen people do it then? You get a small white message in the middle bottom saying "x has changed name to y".

Either way, judgement held until it arrives at my door and i install it. From the looks of things its one or two people making some quick judgements (at first they though the console had gone! then realised it was bound to a different key...)
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

*hem* *hem*

i will now begin to show the reactions of all the people in the ut world after this release.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
why why why why

why has god forsaken us all

why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its Pronounced Taz-Cross-Blade, not Tazer-Blade, not Taz-Crows-Blade, not Taco-Blade, Taz-Cross-Blade
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

If what I'm reading in the forums is true, maybe I'll wait until I see it in the '$9.99 bargain bin' before I get it..... lol
Tazcrosblade_
1337 Haxor

ha wraith 3 seconds after me ............ nice
Its Pronounced Taz-Cross-Blade, not Tazer-Blade, not Taz-Crows-Blade, not Taco-Blade, Taz-Cross-Blade
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

DW_Wraith wrote:If what I'm reading in the forums is true, maybe I'll wait until I see it in the '$9.99 bargain bin' before I get it..... lol
My thoughts exactly. I don't want to spend $50 on a beta. I guess I find it very insulting that they produced such good server browsers for UT99 and UT 2004 but that they've now decided to take a gigantic leap backwards with UT3.

This is going to hit them in the pocketbook to some extent because many enthusiasts are going to hold out and wait for the game to sell at lower prices now. I'm one of those guys and I'd really been looking forward to it. They got the game play right but couldn't get the packaging and polishing correct...<sigh>.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

-- I better get used to COD4 - IT owns!! ATM --
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

UT3?........Never heard of it!
d2frob
1337 Haxor

Isn't $50 cheap?? Your ps3/xbox360 games must be nearing $100!?
Flak_Monkey
Camper
Xfire: flakmonkeyjared

d2frob wrote:Isn't $50 cheap?? Your ps3/xbox360 games must be nearing $100!?
No they are at $60
"But the not-self cannot have the bad, meaning they of the government and the judges and the schools cannot allow the bad because they cannot allow the self."