Tweaks for UT3

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

I havent seen a post for tweaking some of the annoying things of UT3, so post here.

Here is my small contribution.

Do you hate having to see the damn intel core-2 ads, midway logo, epic logo, etc. and all the other crapola when first loading the ut3 game? I disabled them by going to the UTEngine.ini file and putting a ; in front of the startable movies list, now it goes directly to the ut3 screen and hitting the spacebar logs me in.

Under the C:\Documents and Settings\yourcomputername\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

open up the UTEngine.ini file in notepad. I put a ; which is easier to undo then deleting the line altogether...

[FullScreenMovie]
;StartupMovies=Copyright_PC
;StartupMovies=EpicLogo
;StartupMovies=MidwayLogo
;StartupMovies=UE3_logo
;StartupMovies=Nvidia_PC
;StartupMovies=Intel_Duo_Logo
;StartupMovies=UT_loadmovie1
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

ha. that's nice. it seems like newer games have like...so many of those stupid logos and crap that you have to go through. there's about 7 in guitar hero 3.
Damnidge
1337 Haxor

awesome! thank you Wraith. So much better. I remember the nvidia logo set to false for 2003 and 2004, but this many ads is insane.
Cheers, Damnidge
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Thanks Wraith!

Damnidge: At least they are not IN the game itself.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Take this with a grain of salt , still early in the game and subject to change. Remember to back up those INI"S.

Tweak Guide
DW_Ifondlesweaters
DW Clan Member

Haha...UT3 sells out to product placement. You could have a logo on the Flak Cannon: "Brought to you by the good people of Coca-Cola--every frag tastes better with Coke!"

Or more realistically, recruiting for the military: "Uncle Sam Wants YOU" bumper sticker on the Bender.

ToxicWaste wrote:Thanks Wraith!

Damnidge: At least they are not IN the game itself.

Rich (TW)