old maps. bitch slap.

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

i was thinking of making an enhanced version of bitch slap, except possibly more visually pleasing. would anyone be interested or should i not bother?
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

I'm assuming you are talking about converting it for UT3?

If that's the case, I think that would be an absolute winner. BS is very popular. Although I can't imagine the huge ownage of the mantas in this version.

I'm happy to upload it anytime you have it ready.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
Nefritee

Yes PLZ PLZ make a bitch slap map... that was one of my favorite maps
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I have had kind of vague plans to make a respectable map based on Bitchslap's sort of layout, but I pretty much abandoned it in 2k4 because I couldn't do the sort of dynamic elements I wanted to do in it. I'll probably pick it up again in UT3, but I need time to look over the new art assets and figure out how I want side objectives to work and all that.
emailbo
Camper

i was just saying port bs 2day in warefare, lots of ppl agreed, ok noone really knew what i was talking about but warfare needs more maps. get busy.

:bounce:
The "real" "fake" Les Stroud
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

yeah, mainly just throwing it out there cause there's only about 10 maps...and i started 2004 not even a year ago so there were a lot more when i started that.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Yeah, I agree. Even if they are mediocre rush jobs, it's better than what Epic has given us.

Is it just me or do these maps REALLY stink?

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
noxiousCaitSith
1337 Haxor

i dunno. a few of them aren't really all that great. but i kinda like that small map with the "air" node. it'll probably be better when i get an 8800gt cause right now it looks ok but it lags so it makes it hard to aim when there's a lot of fast action going on. and it takes like a minute to join a server or when changing maps.
but one of the things i don't like are those dumb alien vehicles that roll. they are hard to control and they suck.

also, i probably should've looked this up earlier, but is there a new editor for UT3 and if so where do i get it? i'm hoping it lets you import crap from maya 7 or 8 cause i really don't like making stuff in the UT editor.
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

You might want to contact the original author of the map and get permission first. It's very possible that he's already working on a Bitchslap for UT3 this very moment and that he wouldn't appreciate an imitator jumping into the fray.

I know it's a form of flattery, but as a mapper myself (five UT99 CTF maps) I'd be pissed off if someone copied my map for the new game without asking for my permission first and especially without giving credit.