Beware of Imitators

UT3 should be coming soon with a new gametype, improved vehicles, and MORE PLAYERS! Death Warrant will be there with hardware to spare!
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

I was ignoring the problem, hoping it would go away, but since I've had players come on our server wondering where their levels are and so fourth... it's becoming an issue.

A clan called "Hedsteem" has decided to name their UT3 Invasion server "Monster M*A*S*H". Judging by their punctuation, their server must have some slick connection to the 70s TV series of the same name... Either that or they're blatently just trying to piggyback off the success of the Monster Mash I and II servers on UT2004 by giving their UT3 RPG Invasion server the same name.

In case you're tempted to connect, you're more likely to find an RBTT Invasion/BattleRPG server with an all default configuration than any witty Alan Alda references, much to my dismay.

Since their homepage consists mostly of GameTracker banners, I have a hard time believing they've never heard of the existing "Monster Mash" servers, and just happened to come up with the same name on their own, but I'll leave that up to you to judge.

Just remember kiddies... If it doesn't say: "Death Warrant", it's not the real Monster Mash.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

I don't remember monsters being in the TV show M*A*S*H... Oh yeah, they just did that because they knew "monster mash" was already taken and MM1 and 2 being as successful as they are, they figured they would take a few players wanting to try our MM3.
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

Hedsteem, we challenge you to a dual... Lets do this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Vd3fjP4Ks[/youtube]

You've been served!
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

I figured that after several weeks, they'd notice that we're staking claim to that name, but not so much.

I'd have liked to privately message one of their admins, but contact info is only available to registered members, and their CAPTCHA thing was broken last time I checked.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

oh dear. The crap cant get any deeper.