Origin of your in game name?

Welcome to the Death Warrant Forums. Please take time to introduce yourself and the game you are playing with us so we can get to know you a bit better.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

WhurlWind wrote:WhurlWind. LMAO this is the exact meaning of the way my life works. Anywys .. Reintroducing myself. Any of you old DW members want to contact me the email is DFA_Demon@hotmail.com Ill be around ... laters
Talk about up from the depths! ;) Welcome back to our version of Unreality! :compress:

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Elysium
Killer in Training

My name is from a song by Tristania called Angina (pronounce the i as an e)
there are parts where they sing: "Angina striking elysium"
I needed a nickname somewhat years ago (5 maybe 6?) and since then I've been using this one.

for the ones that don't know the meaning: Elysium means paradise.
now I'm not saying I think I'm paradise, lol
as a matter of fact, when I started using the name I actually didn't even know what it meant..
I am the happiness fairy,
I have just sprinkeled happy dust on you.
So smile damnit, this shit is expensive!

ImageImage
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Wikipedia wrote:Elysium is an obscure and mysterious name that evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, enelysion, enelysios.[1] This could be a reference to Zeus, the god of lightning, so "lightning-struck" could be saying that the person was blessed (struck) by Zeus (lightning). Scholars have also suggested that Greek Elysion may instead derive from the Egyptian term ialu (older iaru), meaning "reeds," with specific reference to the "Reed fields" (Egyptian: sekhet iaru / ialu), a paradisaical land of plenty where the dead hoped to spend eternity.It may also drive from ( e"out" + lys"extricate" as for example in the word "analyse literally meaning "to extricate an issue from ambiguity and the suffix -ium "usually when refered to a place ");therefore, it may mean a place where one can be totally free.
It's a strange word that catches my eye. I think I'll remember this one for my vocabulary ;)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I ripped it off of my brother. His nickname is Amarkov, mine is Amokov.
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

Suppose it's about time I posted here :compress:

Anyone who's played Unreal 1 should already have got it. When I was coming up with a name to use online I wanted to use one from the Unreal series, but not something too obvious. I ran through map names, enemies, locations, weapons and who knows what else. However, I'd always loved the feel of a gun called the Tarydium Stinger from U1, and the ammo for it came in Tarydium Shards, or 40 to be exact. 40 Shards.

My old sig was actually made by creating and screenshotting a level filled with those same ammo pickups :idea:
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I did love the idea of the Tarydium Stinger, however that gun is pretty weak in terms of killing the enemy. The skaarj, krall, and everything else but the nalis, brutes, titans, & gasbags seems to dodge the shards. I only ended up using that thing when I have a surplus of hp, or I'm lacking ammo on anything else.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: 40shards

DW_Ant wrote:...but the nalis, brutes, titans, & gasbags seems to dodge the shards.
Shooting Nalis? How dare you!

No matter how weak the Stinger was, you can't deny it sounded damn cool :rr:
Fire_binx

I got bloodog because i realized that i always used the bloodthirster when i played DOW and the dog was bothering me while i played it. I took some time to thing about it and i combined Bloodthirster and dog to get bloodog
warbringer

my name came from the word harbringer but instead of being someone who takes all the heat i decided to fix it to warbringer which basically means what it says.
Tweakish
Camper

Tweak is my nickname in RL. And yes, the nickname DOES have some southpark roots, but some people will call me it until the day they die, Im pretty sure of that. To differentiate myself from other Tweak's out there (mostly in UT, and theres only one, really), I liked the -ish suffix. There are tons of suffixes I tried out like Tweaked, Tweaker, Tweakman, Tweakstar and ... ChefTweak. One of my friends started calling me Tweakish on one of our fantasy football leagues, then started saying it when we hung out, and I stole it.