Origin of your in game name?

Welcome to the Death Warrant Forums. Please take time to introduce yourself and the game you are playing with us so we can get to know you a bit better.
UT99_VET
Camper

My real nickname in everything I do in my cyberlife is KaLiGuLa and that was my nickname for Unreal T. 1999, I got the game in dec1999.
I did not have the fever for ut2003 cause I spend literaly YEARS playing CIV 1-2-3 and know 4 and UT99.
When ut2004 got out I did not have too much of the time to play I have now, so I really start to have time to play it about oct-nov 2005.
One of those days an old friend of mine of ut99 ask me if I was still playing the game I answer yes and he told me, "dude you are like the ut veteran among all those kids) cause I'm 35 y.o., so that afternoon I switch my nick , got recluted in JAN06 and thats it
DW>UT99_VET
ThE VET
Maestro
DW Clan Member

I used to be into flight sims before DOOM 1 and 2 came out, and there was a space flight sim that came out around 1992 called Wing Commander (the first one). There was a pilot in there that went by Maestro, which I didn't know what it meant, but it sounded like a decent name to me. Eventually I learned it was Italian for "Master" as in master of a certain art, but it's mostly used as a title for conductors of music. At the time I happened to dabble with music editing/composition on my computer so it seemed like a fitting title.
I used this tag throughout my addictions to multiplayer Doom2, to Quake 1, to a little Quake 3, to Half-Life: Team Fortress Classic, to UT2k3 (just the demo), and now UT2K4.
I rarely see it but sometimes someone is using my tag so I eventually have to come up with something to make it more unique, or maybe I'll just keep the SVA> on nomatter what game I migrate to in the future... YEAH I think I'll do just that! Whenever I migrate to other addicting FPS games I'll just keep the tag to make my name unique and to mark where I'm from. I'm not migrating for quite a while though :compress:
-Maestro
<----LOOK AT MEEE! WEEEEEEEEEEE!
Purity_the_Kitty
1337 Haxor

Dude. You're thinking of Zach "Jazz" Colson, from WC1 and WC2...Maestro WAS a Wing Commander pilot, however; he's from Wing Commander Prophecy, and is a Maniac-style nutcase sidekick for the new hero.

...unless his callsign was translated strangely to another language. That said, "you got it, maestro" was his trademark line.

I'm a major WC nut, honestly...and you should play WC2, Jazz is a major character throughout the 3 plotlines.
Last edited by Purity_the_Kitty on Fri May 05, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraken
Killer in Training

Hard to believe it's been 25 years since Clash of the Titans hit the big screen (and yes, that's where my in game name came from).

Also ran under this handle during the BBS days when (gasp, choke) 300 baud modems were around and were considered "high speed".

:colors:
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Needed a new name for my clan tag. Found this video, http://stream.eizodana.com/olympus/m01_hi.wmv. Teh Hornet was born.
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

I stole my name from my dad. My dad plays UT2004 (he's actually pretty good) and his name is Rix_Gentoo_Box. I just switched the Ri to Za cuz my first name is Zach. Gentoo is just there to show that Gentoo rocks! And I never got the point of putting Box at the end.
zeus
1337 Haxor

My friends and I used to play GOTY after work. One of the guys used a name of Gwaltchmai (or something along those lines) which I believe is some Norse mythology thingy.

I knew quite a bit about greek mythology, so Zeus was the first thing to pop into my head.
Evolution
Killer in Training

sounded cool
Last edited by Evolution on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghaleon
Killer in Training

I was hooked on a game that was on the Sega CD system called "Lunar: The Silver Star". In it, the bad guy was named Ghaleon. Always thought that the name was cool sounding, but I guess that the character from that game has (or had) a huge following. I see Ghaleons all over the place.
AJAXX
Camper

A few years ago I was part of the online text-based fantasy roleplay. Everyone would write posts that contributed to an ever-growing story. One of my characters was a warrior named Ajaxx Dragonsbane. When I finally got around to buying UT2004, I decided to go with Ajaxx becuase it's a simple, quick name easy to shout in-game and fairly unique. I haven't seen anyone else with a similar name.