Origin of your in game name?

Welcome to the Death Warrant Forums. Please take time to introduce yourself and the game you are playing with us so we can get to know you a bit better.
MeUBastard

while in class 1 day after finishing my assignment, i was playin UT'03 with several classmates. while i shot the head off a kid i didnt like in my class (he was a prick), i didnt have a name that suited what his question was "WHO WAS THAT!?!?!?" So, simply, the name, MeUBastard was formed. as when it pops up on the screen "you wer killed by" or, "u killed" it says, me you bastard. hahah? i thought it was funny, the other guy didnt tho, hahahahah.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

I've used this name off and on for a long time. I think the first time was on Q-Link. In the days of blazing 2400 baud modems and Commodore 64s, I used it as a lurk name.

Why Karma? I'm not a follower of Hinduism or Buddhism but I do believe in the adage of "what goes around, comes around". To me, it also represents seeking a balance to all things.

Why Kat? Well...I like cats and with the 'K' it just looks better. (I also liked B. Kliban's cats with a 'Q'..but decided to stick to the symmetrical.)

The thing that really weirded me out was when I was poking around on the UT disc and saw a file folder labelled "KarmaData". Made me look twice! I know now that's the name of the physics engine in Unreal. And when I got a little farther into to guts of the program...I learned there was a "Karma Authoriing Tool"...or KAT! So I figured I'd better not mess with a good thing...and here I be!

:flower:

KKat
Last edited by DW_KarmaKat on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
BRYAN_OF_OYBRO
Pro but Noob

Do you watch "My Name is Earl" Kat?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

BRYAN_OF_OYBRO wrote:Do you watch "My Name is Earl" Kat?
Nope...I've seen a promo or two..but didn't really pay attention to it, why??

KKat
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
BRYAN_OF_OYBRO
Pro but Noob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- Well .. After thinking alot.. I got to the point that.. I dont have a name at all . im now ingame DW>aLpHa < ok so when I upgrade ill be BeTa ? Thats crazy nonse .. The NIkname for what i have always been known for all the time has been ' Chip ' mm refering to the Integrated Circuit Class.. -- Bak in the years a friend of mine and me had an Electric and Electronic Repair shop -- wich we were runing for like 4 years together we both were addicted to comunications.. Bak then non of us had a pc much less Internet Conection .. so we used the CB-radios -to comunicate we got to collect all kinds and brands of those damn Radios.. We were the no1 when about fixing Cb' radios about .. When we were working in some device.. my part of the job was to take care of the burned IC's mostly of the Audio Kind .. since were the ones that burned easily ... the best we could dream of was to own the Cobra 148 with SSB - lateral y banda baja y alta con base en los 40 canales normales - of a CB radio .. My nick name then was born 'Chip' I was 10:28 Chip . our chanel was 18 and we formed a very nice and big comunity there .. we had like.. 16 active members.. my friend QRZ was 'Narvarte' Since then ' in all the games and every event that required an alias.. I went by Chip .. Also alot of the people I knew in person.. called me 'Chip' When I started playing UT -- guess what, I was ' Chip - After playing the game I realized that name was too hum .. lame for such a beautifull game.. -- so I went from that point on .. with this name '' reD.poinT '' < like the kind of red point that forms a stream of laser light - on someones forehead just before dying from a Head-Shot.. So why is my name now aLpHa ? Beacuse im a player in a test version .. that maybe will fail the test and disappear for ever? ...

Daray ...
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin

LOL!! Thanks, Bryan! I particulary liked this one:
Never underestimate the power of confidence. And never underestimate fifteen beers, a little enlightenment, and the power of Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock.
Although I don't think I've ever listened to Rob Base/DJ Easy Rock so I don't know if I'm missing anything there or not. Mayhaps I'll try and catch a show or two of "Earl". Do you like it??

KKat
BRYAN_OF_OYBRO
Pro but Noob

It's decent. It's a good show because you can pick up on any of the episodes and not feel lost. Good time waster for sure, but certainly not a show I plan my life around like 24 or Prison Break =)
DW_damn_weasel
1337 Haxor

Found this old post and I thought it could be a good idea to bring it back to life since we have so many new players on the servers. :rr:
C’mon newbie’s (In the server) tell us a little bit about origin of your game name. :hello2:
The things you own end up owning you.
DW>Damn_Weasel
medic_fred

well i usually use hte name blarrrg, ive been useing it for like 4 years, i got it from super mario bros, those fire guys that jump out of the lava=blarrrg. oh i use the name skorm as well ( final boss in gauntlet 64)
and medic_fred is because im a medic and fred ryhmes with bed!
medic_fred