Introducing me, oblio

Welcome to the Death Warrant Forums. Please take time to introduce yourself and the game you are playing with us so we can get to know you a bit better.
oblio

Hello all,
I have been playing on this server for a few years, first as "sleepyhouse", lately as "oblio". Even though I have been playing a while I would still consider myself a noob. I am not much of a gamer, UT is the only game I really like/play on a regular basis and I only play ONS. When I read through the forums I sometimes feel you guys are speaking a different language because I am just playing with the "out of the box" settings and don't really know what you guys are talking about half the time. Despite everything I do all right. One of these days I should really read up on how to optimize my game play, if anyone can point me to a UT for dummies guide that would be cool. Anyway, it's fun playing with you and a big thank you to the guys who run this server.

oblio
DW_Jimmythedentist
DW Clan Member

i can't make you a better player as i barely know what the heck is going on most of the time.

nor can i direct you to a gaming guide for UT . . . if you find one please let me know.

but every time i see you i can't help but think of one of favorite characters in one of my favorite stories with some of my favorite music:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Point!!

glad you're enjoying the server!

ciao.

jimmy
warhead2
1337 Haxor

heh your a veteran player i bet you're better than you let on, hee hee, but here ya go :ssmile: :
ut2004 tweak guide
ut2004 general guide

I also might add that if you just want to crank up your skill level, simply play offline instant action bot death matches with Godlike bots. i know at first it seems like a harsh experience but believe me if you hang with it your combat skills will increase exponentially in a very short time, as the bots will love to teach you all they know :swink:

njoy
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
oblio

warhead,
Thanks for the links, this is what I was looking for. Like I said, UT is pretty much the only game I play other than some old-school gaming on emulators. I've tried other FPS games but none have the feel of UT 2004. I even recently purchase UT3, played around with it a little but still prefer 2004. I had been playing on an off the shelf PC from 2005 until a few months ago when it died. I noticed a huge difference with my new computer, mainly not having 3-5 minute load time for maps. It will be interesting to see if some of the tweaking improves my gameplay.
Thanks again.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Heya Oblio!

Don't let Jimmy fool you! He's been around the UT block a few times!
:sgiggle:

Tweaks are good...a new comp is Great! Having more horsepower under the hood will definitely smooth out gameplay.

Glad to have you here on the boards and in SV too!

KKat

:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...