MAPS???

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
ubermensch

New to the concept, let me know if I'm out of line.
Is it possible to download the maps used on your server? I'd love to host a LAN party at my home without fighting for slots on your server
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Given the fact that you have been banned from Spam Vikings for making racist comments, do you honestly think we would facilitate your continued gaming experience?

DW>KarmaKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

:angry7:
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

And yet you allow people with names like "Kill_all_Jews" and let people call each other "stupid kike", but when I said something (to no one, at all) I get banned?
I'm part of the forum and I'm posing the question. Is it possible or is it not?
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Given that we cannot possibly monitor every millisecond that someone is in the server, someone, at some point probably has verbally abused another player out of our hearing. If, when they do so within our hearing or view, we obviously will act accordingly. I've reviewed the server logs for the past year and do not find any player names resembling the one you mentioned. However, I did find where you used a racial slur in text chat earlier this evening. I also have confirmation that you were warned previously that that type of language is deemed as unacceptable behaviour in our servers.

And in answer to your question about maps: No

DW>KarmaKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_Jimmythedentist
DW Clan Member

I’m old.

I no longer care, overly, about what people name themselves or about what they may say in the anonymity of on-line gamming.

I usually give as good as I get. If somebody’s bothering me I let it be known. If I ever get truly miffed I just leave.

While I absolutely do not condone the behavior of “ubermensch“, he does raise questions that have been on my mind. I'm not sure if this is the spot to ask them, but this is where I am right now.

What is the standard used here to define “offensive”? Who decides that someone’s behavior is unacceptable? Who acts on it?

You folks who administer this site do a fine job - a damn fine job - of “keeping it clean”!

And your efforts are appreciated. These games can be frustrating enough without the added dimension of some pre-meditated antagonism.

I’m here way too frequently. It seems like I’m here “every millisecond” some days. And my personal experiences have been so fun that I will continue to return.

Quite a while back I witnessed, happily, the administrator making a player change his name - a derogatory reference to Puerto Ricans. The situation was handled wonderfully. The player wasn’t ordered to change his moniker. He was simply informed that if he wanted to continue playing here he’d have to change his screen name. Polite. Effective.

I’m not Puerto Rican. Nor am I easily offended. I appreciated the actions of the Admin none the less.

But others are not always coerced into modifying their behavior.

I’m not Jewish. And I‘m still not easily offended. But with regularity I see that “Hitler” is allowed to play here.

Why?

I realize that they’re just names, but is “Hitler” or “Osama bin Laden” really the same as “Sarah Palin” or “Ron Paul”?

What is the standard used here to define “offensive”?

Nobody needs to answer. It’s more a philosophical kind of thought. My standard for “unacceptable” is probably way more forgiving than most. What’s DW’s? I’m just curious.

Jimmy
ubermensch

This is my point exactly. Even after I've issued an apology AND explained the circumstances of what was said, I've met strong resistance from someone who is clearly not in charge, merely given adminstrative privelege. I'd like to pose thequestion; Who IS in charge? If I'm not happy with the results, who AM I to speak with?? Rich Duffau is evidently not available, perhaps I'll take it up with him when he returns.
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

ubermensch wrote:I've met strong resistance from someone who is clearly not in charge.
ALL Death Warrant Administrators are in charge. If you'd like to appeal your ban I suggest you follow this link.

http://clandw.org/distribution/viewforum.php?f=22

We do keep track of these things. From what I can see, you broke the rule, you were then warned, and you proceeded to break the same rule the following day.

The idea is simple, follow the rules, and stay a while. Break them, and it shouldn't be hard to figure out what happens then.
ubermensch

We're running around in circles here. This issue is resolved, the point has been made. There has to be something that can be done to have that ban lifted in a timely fashion. If you're not willing to be helpful, I'd like it if you'd point me in the direction of someone who is.
DW_Mobius
DW Clan Member
Xfire: redeemermma

DW_Mobius wrote:
ubermensch wrote:I've met strong resistance from someone who is clearly not in charge.
ALL Death Warrant Administrators are in charge. If you'd like to appeal your ban I suggest you follow this link.

http://clandw.org/distribution/viewforum.php?f=22

We do keep track of these things. From what I can see, you broke the rule, you were then warned, and you proceeded to break the same rule the following day.

The idea is simple, follow the rules, and stay a while. Break them, and it shouldn't be hard to figure out what happens then.
Click my link, follow the instructions, wait for reply. This isn't a matter for open forums.